View Poll Results: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd take a free trip to Paris, sounds great!

    72 79.12%
  • No, I'd rather not.

    17 18.68%
  • Where's Paris?

    2 2.20%
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 288

Thread: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

  1. #141
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Possible. But here we have freedom of speech?
    I did't traveled by France. One hour on the bullet-train and I was in Brussels. But my relatives in Belgium, were very categorical in their statements about Paris.
    Seems a bit suspicious to me that the most vitriolic and vehemently anti-Paris people in this thread all have a 'Very Conservative' tag next to their name. Perhaps a bit more than coincidence that someone who describes himself as "Very Conservative" shows no interest in the capital of France?

    But I hope that's not true, because it'd be such an awful reason to close the door on what everyone agrees is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, chock full of fascinating history and culture. Perhaps you have a better reason for your dislike?

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Arc de Triomphe

    Notre Dame

    Palace of Fontainebleau

    Les Invalides
    Caliph Omar mosque stands on the foundation of the Temple David. Sultanahmet Blue Mosque in Constantinople (Istanbul) stands on the foundation of church of Hagia Sophia. And place of Notre Dame de Paris will soon face a mosque.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Seems a bit suspicious to me that the most vitriolic and vehemently anti-Paris people in this thread all have a 'Very Conservative' tag next to their name. Perhaps a bit more than coincidence that someone who describes himself as "Very Conservative" shows no interest in the capital of France?

    But I hope that's not true, because it'd be such an awful reason to close the door on what everyone agrees is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, chock full of fascinating history and culture. Perhaps you have a better reason for your dislike?
    "Some Like It Hot". Maybe you like the Muslim occupation of Paris.

  4. #144
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,656

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    The plane was to Paris. From there the train.
    The French actually are better at English than this guy.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #145
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    You don't happen to remember which pubs you visited, out of curiosity?
    The one I was thinking of in particular was on the Royal Mile, left hand side as you are walking up the hill. Not much help I know but by the time we left I couldn't pronounce my own name much less read. It was a popular place for local people at lunch during the week.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #146
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    "Some Like It Hot". Maybe you like the Muslim occupation of Paris.
    I don't really know what you're saying. Who's occupying Paris?

    And what does 'Some Like It Hot' have to do with it?

    I don't believe you're from New Jersey -- why can't you form cogent sentences in English?

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    I like places with history.

    Nothing beats a stroll through Barcelona, probably the only city in Europe that wasnt sacked, bombed, burned, besieged, starved and burned again.

    You can wonder through it and it is all so authentic and wonderfull, be it the medieval or 18th century spanish imperial architecture.

    And places have to be affordable and fun, like Prag, where even the cops seem to be constantly drunk.

    And culture, in that regars Gdanzk is currently somewhat of a secret tip as it has evolved more and more into Polands capital of art, literature and theater.

  8. #148
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    The one I was thinking of in particular was on the Royal Mile, left hand side as you are walking up the hill. Not much help I know but by the time we left I couldn't pronounce my own name much less read. It was a popular place for local people at lunch during the week.
    The Royal Mile is, believe it or not, a mile long, and so there are plenty of pubs along it. Curiously, if you're walking up towards the castle, most of them tend to be on the right side, unless I'm forgetting some.

    Some of the more famous ones, and perhaps one of the ones you discovered, are Deacon Brodie's Tavern, the Albanach, the Kilderkin... Maybe one of those? Anyway, glad you had a good time -- I'm a pretty big fan of Edinburgh myself!

  9. #149
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Caliph Omar mosque stands on the foundation of the Temple David. Sultanahmet Blue Mosque in Constantinople (Istanbul) stands on the foundation of church of Hagia Sophia. And place of Notre Dame de Paris will soon face a mosque.
    What's your point?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Would You Take a Free Trip to Paris?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    The Royal Mile is, believe it or not, a mile long, and so there are plenty of pubs along it. Curiously, if you're walking up towards the castle, most of them tend to be on the right side, unless I'm forgetting some.

    Some of the more famous ones, and perhaps one of the ones you discovered, are Deacon Brodie's Tavern, the Albanach, the Kilderkin... Maybe one of those? Anyway, glad you had a good time -- I'm a pretty big fan of Edinburgh myself!
    One of the reasons why central streets in European cities such as the "Ringstraße" in Vienna or the "Champs Elysees" in Paris are so long and wide is because they were constructed during the 19th and 18th century.

    Not for the purpose of parades, but after having expiriences with revolutions these streets were perfect for stationing heavy artilery on them for crowdcontrol.

    Just another boring historical fact.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •