View Poll Results: Assuming a 40 hour work week, is minimum wage a lot?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give your general geographic location

    9 16.67%
  • No, give your general geographic location

    45 83.33%
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 456

Thread: Is minimum wage a lot?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Typical bull****.

    Your free to spend somebody else's money, but not yours.

    Exactly what I figured.
    If you elect somebody to do it. Thereotically you can vote for your elected officials. These elected officials can impose taxes on the citizenry. In theory it is possible to spend somebody else's money. It's indirectly but it can still be done.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Typical bull****.

    Your free to spend somebody else's money, but not yours.

    Exactly what I figured.
    Who says it's their money? What does it say on a dollar bill? It says "United States of America."

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Whoa. This displays serious naiveté. Every state has child protective service agencies/departments and, as far as I've seen, they're usually swamped with reports of harm and neglect of children. Children are taken out of their parents' custody daily across the nation. The fact that welfare programs excuse millions of parents from having to directly provide for their children is not the same as overt abuse or neglect, but it's nonetheless somewhat of a failure of the parent to provide for the child. There is no good reason to continue producing children without the means to adequately care for them.
    They don't take kids away because their parent's income is too low.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    If you elect somebody to do it. Thereotically you can vote for your elected officials. These elected officials can impose taxes on the citizenry. In theory it is possible to spend somebody else's money. It's indirectly but it can still be done.
    That guy doesn't think we should pay taxes to Caesar.... he needs to read his bible.

    Whose face is on the coin? Then render unto caesar.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That guy doesn't think we should pay taxes to Caesar.... he needs to read his bible.

    Whose face is on the coin? Then render unto caesar.
    I tried to explain this in another thread. It fell on deaf ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Dollars are printed by a printing press that belongs to the federal reserve. No dollars were given away. The dollars are loaned to the government. The government loans the money to the banks. The banks loan it to people.

    All money belongs to the federal reserve. You don't have any money. Your lucky they don't ask for it back. This concludes my moral argument for the justification of the income tax system.

    Look on the back of your dollar. It says "Federal Reserve Note". It doesn't belong to you. You need to pay it back ASAP. Stop stealing something that never belonged to you. It is a medium of exchange to encourage commerce. Money can't be owned. Don't be so ridiculous.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    How wonderfully contradictory. Next you'll encourage genocide to ensure peace.
    Straw man.

    And it's hardly contradictory to say that we should have a system of managed capitalism.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Straw man.

    And it's hardly contradictory to say that we should have a system of managed capitalism.
    Your level of "management" isn't capitalism anymore.

    Honestly, I wasn't aware that you were this authoritarian.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    You can't own money. You only own the things that you obtain with money. It is called currency for a reason. It is supposed to flow around like a river. It isn't supposed to be hoarded up.

    In the Bible wealthy people were called wealthy because they owned cattle, land, sheep and things of that nature not shiny rocks or paper with pretty designs.

    Today billionaires are billionaires based upon the companies they own, the houses they own and things of that nature not shiny rocks or paper with pretty designs.

    The government owns all money. They lend it out to be used as currency. Otherwise bartering would minimize the capacity for commerce. Money is invisible. It isn't even real. The real things are labor, buildings, cars, television sets, furniture, roads, gasoline and stuff like that. The government owns all money. Go ahead. Look for the words, "Federal Reserve Note". A dollar bill is an IOU.

    I'm sure this obliterated your world view so I understand that you would prefer to dismiss it as a joke. This is the way money works. Do some research and I believe you will come to the same conclusion. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 had to be passed to change the nature of our money supply. Without the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 the income tax would be completely unconstitutional even with the 16th amendment. Your argument of unfair taxation was appropriate in 1912. You are 102 years in the past. Taxation is not stealing. Taxation used to be stealing back in the old days but I doubt you are 102 years or older. Even if you are, these arguments were only valid in your early childhood. It is impressive that you remember them.

    No my friend. All money belongs to the Federal Reserve. That's where the money originated and it was never redistributed. It was only loaned out.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    What on Earth kind of question is that? That has nothing to do with minimum wage analysis. We don't decide social and economic policies based on what's "precious."



    No, they did it by trading with others, which people are and should be free to do.
    First, I didn't say they shouldn't be free to trade with others.

    Second, what I was referring to was the need to have our priorities straight. Human beings are more important than the almighty dollar. We have a responsibility to take care of the poor.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is minimum wage a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Then, by all means, give of yourself. That's a better solution than your idea of legalized theft.
    Taxation isn't theft. The government has every right in the world to tax you.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •