View Poll Results: Do you agree with ban on smoking inside cars with children?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like this ban

    36 38.71%
  • Yes - I like it, but age should be older than 8

    21 22.58%
  • No - I should be able to smoke wherever I want

    21 22.58%
  • other - please explain

    15 16.13%
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 751

Thread: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

  1. #671
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    It is not only my opinion, but facts..Even the U.S. Justice Dept. is investigating various aspects of outrageous child custody results....
    Having represented children in CPS Court, who are wards of the state, what the hell are you talking about?

  2. #672
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Guess you didn't read that Doctor that made the initial report had his Medical license taken away by Great Britain and that report was since been proven wrong.


    I don't think that there is 100% evidence either way...

  3. #673
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Until I see some stats it is your opinion... and even then, I never witnessed nor heard of anything outrageous.


    Well it is not my fault if you are too lazy to do a little research...

  4. #674
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Having represented children in CPS Court, who are wards of the state, what the hell are you talking about?


    What the hell am I talking about? Texas is one of the worst states and there are multiple organizations fighting CPS everyday... I have been in family court too, and listened to the lies, the delaying tactics and the other outrageous behavior of these CPS workers, so I'm sure you are more aware of this than you are letting on...

  5. #675
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Well it is not my fault if you are too lazy to do a little research...
    You are making a claim. A claim that I disagree with... I know what I know. If you know more then you shove that **** down my throat with evidence... to not do so is to admit defeat. If you can't... have a nice day and remain you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #676
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    What the hell am I talking about? Texas is one of the worst states and there are multiple organizations fighting CPS everyday... I have been in family court too, and listened to the lies, the delaying tactics and the other outrageous behavior of these CPS workers, so I'm sure you are more aware of this than you are letting on...
    There is no panacea in any state agencies, which are charged with managing abandoned, abused, and neglected kids. It cost between 2000.00 to 5000.00 a month (per child) for the state to place kids who are not considered to be "special needs". Those children can cost a state 10.000 a month and up.

    Most CPS agencies are working on a shoestring budget. Caseworkers might carry 50 plus kids. They work endless hours. They are significantly underpaid. The burnout rate is like 3 years. The paperwork produced on each kid per month is beyond belief.

    My point is that there is no conspiracy at work here by agencies to abduct kids and make sure that their lives are miserable. What possible motive do you suspect is at play according to your claim?

    Being under CPS manage is the last place kids need to be...granted.

    But I assure you that I've seen many, many, many abusive, neglect, etc parents lie their asses off in court. We live in a world where not all things are equal by any stretch of the imagination. My role in representing children was to do just that...I worked for the kids, not the CPS, not the state's interest, not the parents. It might amaze you that some kids being a ward of the state are safer. And believe me when I tell you that I'm not a fan of children being away from their families. But when their families are the source of their being physically and mentally disassembled and exploited...just know that there are a hell of a lot of people who should never have the right to reproduce.
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 01-10-14 at 10:43 AM.

  7. #677
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    How does CPS decide when to remove a child from his parents? | news10.net

    The above source explains the procedures CPS is supposed to follow. And how often that is not the case.

    Father of foster child who died speaks to KVUE | kvue.com Austin

    ^CPS took this child from her parents because they smoked pot. She died in foster care.

    There's much more where that came from--
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #678
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Honestly..... thread completely derailed ....




    You guys need to GET A ROOM.

  9. #679
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Honestly..... thread completely derailed ....

    You guys need to GET A ROOM.
    Off topic.

    Back to the topic, I do not agree with the state banning smoking in a car.

  10. #680
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't believe that's the reason I gave. Higlighting the to me portion suggests you are not following the meaning of the sentence. The reason would risk, health risk, danger, and has nothing to do with my like or dislike.
    And you think the government has every business completely regulating any and all health risks using force if needed?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •