View Poll Results: Do you agree with ban on smoking inside cars with children?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like this ban

    36 38.71%
  • Yes - I like it, but age should be older than 8

    21 22.58%
  • No - I should be able to smoke wherever I want

    21 22.58%
  • other - please explain

    15 16.13%
Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 751

Thread: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't care about cancer. I just didn't like cigarettes.

    Farting doesn't cause cancer but I bet you would hate growing up having to tolerate flatulent parents. I have the same aversion to smelly feet, for the same reason. My father would come home, kick his boots off and smell up the whole house. I require my boys to take their shoes off near the door, socks in a very small laundry bin just for socks, and powder their feet. That's only when they eventually take their shoes off, I don't mind shoes in the house normally.

    My late grandfather smoked a pipe and I never minded. There's something about cigarettes. And chew....have your cancer if you want it, but I don't want to be around anyone spitting all the time. I would even avoid you if you had some weird medical condition that made you spit.

    I'm a dick like that.
    While I do care about cancer and such things, I agree that cigarettes just smell bad, and chew is absolutely disgusting IMO.

  2. #412
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Non sequitur.
    Yes, it is a non sequitur to have state involvement be your answer.

  3. #413
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Because everyone here over the age of 16 has cracked a window (or has been a passenger where someone has cracked a window) and it doesn't work.


    You are wrong..It does work, as anybody who smokes next to a cracked window knows...

  4. #414
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,864
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    You are wrong..It does work, as anybody who smokes next to a cracked window knows...
    Personal experience says it works. I hate the smell of stale smoke, and I always crack the window when I smoke in the car.

    The low pressure area caused by the air spilling over the side of the front windscreen pulls all the smoke out. Now granted, you have to hold your smoke in your left hand. But no big deal, really.

  5. #415
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    considering all the stupid **** my parents allowed us to do as kids, I'm surprised I lived to adulthood.

    smoked around us
    let us ride in the car without a seatbelt
    let us ride in the back of a pickup truck
    ride bikes without wearing shoes or helmets


    But, you "are" alive, aren't you?

  6. #416
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Irrelevant, because we know it's deadly anyway.


    It is not deadly to everyone, so perhaps there are other factors involved.

  7. #417
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'll be the first (if I can) to step in and say everyone should have the freedom to do any damn fool thing to their own bodies they want. That's not what this thread is about, though.


    You younguns probably won't acknowledge the fact that people smoked in their cars, with their children for DECADES...We even smoked on airplanes, in restaurants and bars, at the doctor's office, in the hospital and any other place that we dam well pleased.. We have lost these freedoms because of a slippery slope that someone decided to slide down and our other freedoms are flying out the window as we speak... This country has changed so much and is still changing and not for the better....When all is said and done, you will have lost all of your freedoms...

  8. #418
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    The human she wants to abort is not her body.


    It "is" part of her body, it "is" attached to her body....but that is for another thread...

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    It "is" part of her body, it "is" attached to her body....but that is for another thread...
    Not really. It's attached, but it's a being with it's own life with a developing and growing body.

  10. #420
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    I would agree with such a ban, although I wouldn't mind raising the age a year or two since older children can better decide for themselves. This has nothing to do with the legality of smoking, but the concept of rights - you absolutely have the right to do whatever you want to your own body because you are the only person who is adversely affected by such a behavior. However, you have no right to force others to experience the negative health effects of your behavior just because they happen to be your children.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •