View Poll Results: Do you agree with ban on smoking inside cars with children?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like this ban

    36 38.71%
  • Yes - I like it, but age should be older than 8

    21 22.58%
  • No - I should be able to smoke wherever I want

    21 22.58%
  • other - please explain

    15 16.13%
Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 751

Thread: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

  1. #271
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,957

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I'm saying by the time a problem comes about whatever evidence left behind by their parents activities will be long gone. It wouldn't even matter if it wasn't gone since you still couldn't show that it came about because of their parents smoking.
    I disagree. I believe in preponderance of evidence, which could easily be applied.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I disagree. I believe in preponderance of evidence could easily be applied.
    Oh really? Lets assume that damage was done and you desire to figure out exactly how it happened. How are you going to do that? Good luck with that.

  3. #273
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,900

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Good luck trying to get back.
    I'm going back (likely) by this summer.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #274
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,269

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh really? Lets assume that damage was done and you desire to figure out exactly how it happened. How are you going to do that? Good luck with that.
    Yeah we can see it when we ride by each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    How many laws do we have on people doing things inside of their cars? Does anyone know?

  6. #276
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,269

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    With cigarette smoke?
    Sure why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

  7. #277
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42,083

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So you know you can't prove cause and effect and you want to go ahead anyway.
    This isn't new territory. There have been countless class action lawsuits whereby factories have been found guilty of reckless endangerment through exposing its workers or citizens to pollutants when those people got cancer.

  8. #278
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42,083

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How many laws do we have on people doing things inside of their cars? Does anyone know?
    A hundred jillion. Relevance?

  9. #279
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Some people will obey the law just because its the law. Some will I supposed be ticketed if seen smoking with kids in the car. Beyond that, it adds to the conversation that exposing others to second hand smoke is selfish and unhealthy and is yet one more step in a positive direction.
    Just because something is unhealthy or selfish doesnt mean it should be illegal. To me this isn't a question of should people smoke around others, but rather the government over stepping. Just because something is good for you, or bad for you doesn't mean the government should be able to force it upon you.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Smoking Illegal With Children In Car[W:501]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    This isn't new territory. There have been countless class action lawsuits whereby factories have been found guilty of reckless endangerment through exposing its workers or citizens to pollutants.
    Why are you shifting attention away from the topic? People get sued, fined and arrested for all kinds of things. Big whoop. Can you show a connection or not? If not, what the **** are you doing?

Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •