Complete overhaul, replacing old system with European-style universal healthcare.
Partial overhaul, including expansion of Medicare, reworking of profit-based insurance system.
Sparse overhaul, based around getting rid of the profit-based private insurance companies.
Nothing needs to change, the US system is good the way it is.
36 countries have better health care than the U.S. I have to wonder about that. I am always reading about people from all over the world coming to the U.S. to get the best health care the world has. Now all of a sudden, we are number 37 over night. Something with the title here does not equate with me. I have been perfectly satisfied and happy with the healthcare I and my family have received over my long life. So the U.S. ranking 37th in the world in health care just doesn’t make sense.
A thought crossed my mind. I now wonder if the ranking was based on quantity instead of quality. That those of us in the U.S. receive the best health care good insurance and money can buy. But those at the bottom of the spectrum, with no insurance and little money get or receive very poor health care. So perhaps the title is dealing with quantity and health care availability to one and all and not the quality of health care this nation can provide.
In other words, the U.S. has the highest quality of healthcare available in the world, but not all can partake of that quality. So it seems the goal of the ACA, to me anyway, is to downgrade the quality of healthcare that is provided to most Americans who had insurance prior to the passage of the ACA in order to give healthcare to everyone. Sort of dumbing down our healthcare system like our public school system has been dumbed down. Our public school system now teaches or brings down the education to the lowest or poorest student. Is our healthcare system going the same way. Bringing down the quality of it so everyone can partake of it? It seems that way.
Perhaps if the quality of healthcare drops for the 80% while giving healthcare to the remaining 20% our standing will in the world soar from number 37 upwards while in reality the quality will have dropped immensely and we are no longer able to proved the highest quality of health care in the world.
Just some thoughts.
Early voting in Georgia. On the 20th of October this old Goldwater conservative voted against both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton by casting my vote for Gary Johnson. Neither Trump or Clinton belong within a million miles of the Oval Office.
For us it's freedom to be able to chose the course of one's life, for good or ill. For you folks it's not, you'd rather be taken care of no matter what bad choices you make. That's fine too and much to be said for the nanny form of governing. Doesn't mean it works for us.
Last edited by clownboy; 01-05-14 at 04:10 PM.