View Poll Results: Where do you get your news? And how old are you?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • A major cable network: 35+

    8 15.09%
  • A major cable network: 18-35

    1 1.89%
  • Newspaper: 35+

    3 5.66%
  • Newspaper: 18-35

    0 0%
  • Online: 35+

    14 26.42%
  • Online: 18-35

    15 28.30%
  • Radio: 35+

    2 3.77%
  • Radio: 18-35

    0 0%
  • Other: 35+

    8 15.09%
  • Other: 18-35

    2 3.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

  1. #31
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I've been curious about this for a while.
    I'm in my early twenties and I can honestly say I never watch cable news in large part because I don't really watch TV.
    Everything is on Hulu, Netflix, or I just stream/torrent. So I get my news pretty exclusively from the internet which is to say usually Google News aggregation of articles related to a term I search or just the BBC news app in the morning.

    I'd also say I'm not that atypical of people my age that I know. In fact I'd say its rare for me to run into someone my age who watches CNN, FOX, MSNBC except those who watch certain shows or commentators.

    With all of the passion about which network is more biased or best it got me wondering if even unscientifically I could find out if there was an age gap on this on DP.



    I'm 70-years old and I very seldom watch TV news. As a matter of fact I spend very little time watching anything on TV.

    First thing in the morning I check the local weather forecast online at wunderground.com and then I check the news at the BBC website.




    IOW my approach is almost a carbon copy of yours.

  2. #32
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's my theory that people could get outraged and have a flamewar about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
    some day i will start a thread and test this theory.



    That's not a theory, it's an ironclad fact.

    Some people will happily argue about anything, whether they know anything about it or not.

  3. #33
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Peter Pan Honeyroast, without the jelly, hands down.



    Personally, I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

    The next time that I make one I'll put some homemade jam (Not jelly.) on it.

  4. #34
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Personally, I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

    The next time that I make one I'll put some homemade jam (Not jelly.) on it.
    I love them too, but once I found the PP Honeyroast, nothing else was necessary. Love the stuff.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's my theory that people could get outraged and have a flamewar about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. some day i will start a thread and test this theory.
    Wouldn't that be a violation of Rule # 3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling ?

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That's not a theory, it's an ironclad fact.

    Some people will happily argue about anything, whether they know anything about it or not.
    I disagree.























  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Wouldn't that be a violation of Rule # 3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling ?
    Choosing the proper subforum would be key.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I'm 70-years old and I very seldom watch TV news. As a matter of fact I spend very little time watching anything on TV.

    First thing in the morning I check the local weather forecast online at wunderground.com and then I check the news at the BBC website.




    IOW my approach is almost a carbon copy of yours.
    Back during the 70's when I did most of my traveling around the world, mostly third world countries, there was no television.

  9. #39
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    I disagree.































    That's exactly what I'm talking about

  10. #40
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Where Do You Get Your News? (And how old are you?)

    35

    Just recently unsubscribed to cable tv because we never use it, even for regular tv.

    News via NPR, google news, and various specialty publications such as ars technica mainly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •