View Poll Results: Do you reject evolution?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 5.51%
  • No

    120 94.49%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 243

Thread: Do you reject evolution?

  1. #71
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet you still have not provided ANYTHING to prove your claims. Pathetic. You're dismissed.
    haha


    The mechanisms of evolution—like natural selection and genetic drift—work with the random variation generated by mutation.
    Evolution 101: Mutation Is Not "Directed"


    Without random mutation, one cannot classify something as evolution. One can claim "things change, I don't know why or how", but one cannot claim to accept evolution.


    This is the reason Intelligent DESIGN is not called Intelligent Evolution.

  2. #72
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Do I reject micro-evolution. No.

    Do I reject macro-evolution. Yes.
    Those who indulge in creationist claptrap love to use these terms, but he only real difference between the two lies in terms of the amount of time involved. They describe the same process.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #73
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet you still have not provided ANYTHING to prove your claims. Pathetic. You're dismissed.
    He doesn't need to provide proof. Directed mutation and random mutation are logically distinct. It is logically impossible for both to operate on the same process simultaneously
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  4. #74
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,477

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    We can see it, so the fundamentals can't be denied. Genetic changes have not been explained though, and the original postulation doesn't address them. Given that such knowledge was not available at the time the theory was formulated, it is understandable. We have not been able to make our current understanding of them conform to the theory, but perhaps we will in time.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,305

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    the sad thing is that there are people who truly believe that if one would be able to travel to 10,000 years or so ago, we human magically popped out of thin air in our current form.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #76
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Those who indulge in creationist claptrap love to use these terms, but he only real difference between the two lies in terms of the amount of time involved. They describe the same process.
    It's a YEC thing? Why else specify a time frame?

  7. #77
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    He doesn't need to provide proof. Directed mutation and random mutation are logically distinct. It is logically impossible for both to operate on the same process simultaneously
    Thanks. I'm here trying to describe "they would be different things!". I think you put it concisely.

  8. #78
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    I was kinda talking to myself. Without going through my life history I was raised in a very fundamentalist Christian environment. By the age of probalby 8 or 9 I seen many inconsistancies in what I was being taught at church and what I was learning from the rest of the world. One of the biggest things I had a problem with the chruch about was the 6000 year old earth. It really shook my faith and I drifeted away from chruch for many many years. Damn, that wasnt my life history but I did babble sorry, anyway, I beleive God did set it in motion, I dont beleive God just ****s with us, and I beleive evolution occured exactly how science describes it...just like eco says, except I have faith God did it somehow. I have learned not to confuse faith with science. Anytime there is a conflict there between science and the Bible there is just something we dont understand...yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    To what end would god create an illusion of random mutation and natural selection? To **** with us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    I didn't say god created a random system. Read my question in the context in which it appears.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #79
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,652

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    We have not been able to make our current understanding of them conform to the theory, but perhaps we will in time.
    False. Random mutation and thus adaptation with the environment has been proven and fits fine with Darwin's primary claims.

    You're inventing this conflict between theory and knowledge. Why? To deny evolution.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I was kinda talking to myself. Without going through my life history I was raised in a very fundamentalist Christian environment. By the age of probalby 8 or 9 I seen many inconsistancies in what I was being taught at church and what I was learning from the rest of the world. One of the biggest things I had a problem with the chruch about was the 6000 year old earth. It really shook my faith and I drifeted away from chruch for many many years. Damn, that wasnt my life history but I did babble sorry, anyway, I beleive God did set it in motion, I dont beleive God just ****s with us, and I beleive evolution occured exactly how science describes it...just like eco says, except I have faith God did it somehow. I have learned not to confuse faith with science. Anytime there is a conflict there between science and the Bible there is just something we dont understand...yet.
    Gotcha :-)
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •