View Poll Results: Do you reject evolution?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 5.51%
  • No

    120 94.49%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 243

Thread: Do you reject evolution?

  1. #231
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I do not reject evolution.

    Far too much evidence presented; accepted by the general scientific community; No counter evidence of significance presented, as far as I know.

  2. #232
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,819
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yeah, don't think much of her behavior, but still, she's just marketing what she believes to be her strong suit.

  3. #233
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm going into cryogenic suspension. Please wake me when everybody stops using that ****ing picture.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    what makes evolution believable? both are theoretical assumptions, but idea of god at least says what was before nothing. I believe god created the human and used evolution for it.
    It isn't just a theory... it is a scientific theory:

    A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

    Scientific theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    so, it does not necessarily mean that religion is irrelevant. if the bible says that the God created the animals is it a denial of the evolution? I will assume hypothetically that god created the first cell of existence of each and every living creature and only after they evaluated. who is able to prove the opposite?
    The problem is that once some of the Bible is factually proven to be false then the validity of the rest of the Bible can reasonably be questioned. Since it was written hundreds of years after Jesus by different people at different times with exact quotes I think that it is more than reasonable to think that the Bible fictitious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #235
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post

    Which scientific data are you asserting is being suppressed?
    Forbidden Archeology - Secret Discoveries of Early Man - Bullet Version - YouTube

  6. #236
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Oh my. Our educational system has failed us all. Let me paraphrase; I don't know if God exists, but I'm pretty sure we were intelligently designed and we have souls. Let me be the first to inform you . . . your words indicate you believe in a higher power who gave us souls and intelligently designed us. YOU are not an agnostic.
    Look up agnostic - It means you're smart enough to know that happenstance doesn't just invent something so finely tuned and intricately and ingeniously designed, but not dumb enough to try to figure out what it is.

  7. #237
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,819
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    As with the case with the Yucatan asteroid, it took more than single instances of evidence, and it took more than just single individuals, to sway the consensus of scientific opinion, unless it's already been invalidated.

    I'll be totally honest, I don't know enough of the details to render a meaningful opinion as to the validity or invalidity of the page of YouTube videos you've linked.

  8. #238
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    All I can say is . . . I am no longer surprised by the replies pertaining to evolution. Bodhi asks a very simple question; "What makes Creationism believable?"
    The answer; "The meticulousness and precision of design . . .."
    Now, for the average reader, this answer would imply that the person answering believes in Creationism. Yet the very last sentence used in the reply is, "I'm agnostic, which means: I DON'T KNOW."
    Perhaps I am the one confused here . . . but I do not think so, because sKiTzo also believes in evolution, but only to a certain extent.

    So; evolution exists, but not as grand as the science says. God may or may not exist . . . but for sure, he, she, or the aliens created life, as proven by a process of elimination (screw science). Which means we eliminate all the repetitive observations & tests that lead to the generally accepted Theory of Evolution . . . it may as well be gravity . . . we all know that hasn't been proven either.

    Fossil record? It means nothing. Dating methods and rates of decay? Means nothing. Geology? Nothing. Molecular genetics and biology? Meaningless. Mitochondrial DNA, bottleneck, observation and testing are nothing when compared to "The only evidence of evolution we've seen . . .." And this coming from someone who isn't sure God exists, but we have souls, and creationism is more believable than science. Once again, is it I who is confused or you? I'm sorry, but if your reply was a person, it would be a walking contradiction.
    The arrogance of man requires that a "conclusion" be arrived at, where, due to "not enough information given", it remains impossible to arrive at any such conclusion. My view is simple, and is derived from the information that we do have. You say I'm confused, yet your view postulates with nothing but an implied doctrine.

  9. #239
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    As with the case with the Yucatan asteroid, it took more than single instances of evidence, and it took more than just single individuals, to sway the consensus of scientific opinion, unless it's already been invalidated.

    I'll be totally honest, I don't know enough of the details to render a meaningful opinion as to the validity or invalidity of the page of YouTube videos you've linked.
    I linked to one video that is hosted by youtube. You don't really think I meant for you to watch the other videos on the page, do you? It's a 5 min. clip of a documentary that goes into plenty of details. "Youtube" has nothing to do with the production of the videos that are uploaded to them, as you implied. It's a platform that hosts the video. That's all. Nothing more.

    If you watched the 5 min. clip you shouldn't be short on details. This archaeologist who thought "wow, I've made this amazing discovery that changes what we've thought for so long", had no idea that this would get her "blackballed" from archaeology. That's not how it's supposed to be. I'm angered by it.

  10. #240
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,819
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Do you reject evolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    I linked to one video that is hosted by youtube. You don't really think I meant for you to watch the other videos on the page, do you? It's a 5 min. clip of a documentary that goes into plenty of details. "Youtube" has nothing to do with the production of the videos that are uploaded to them, as you implied. It's a platform that hosts the video. That's all. Nothing more.

    If you watched the 5 min. clip you shouldn't be short on details. This archaeologist who thought "wow, I've made this amazing discovery that changes what we've thought for so long", had no idea that this would get her "blackballed" from archaeology. That's not how it's supposed to be. I'm angered by it.
    Hard to really know what exactly is going on in this case. To balance this out fairly, would need to see rebuttals offered from others in the field. I've looked around and have not found any rebuttals for these findings.

    Even if her science process was so poor as to skew her results that massively, being blackballed for life is still very harsh.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •