View Poll Results: ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Your lack of respect for USA is justified, I also have no respect for USA

    3 12.50%
  • Your lack for USA is justified, but I love American system

    3 12.50%
  • You should leave America.

    18 75.00%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    The people have spoken. Prepare to embark.

  2. #22
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvsi View Post
    People who will comment on this question without reading my post, are obviously trolls.
    Here are my reasons why I have no respect for America as a nation:

    - US president Obama promised dialog with Iran and Syria, but instead invited Saudi Arabian kings to the white house who sent death row inmates to fight Syrian people
    - US president Bush promised no nation building but invaded Iraq, Afghanistan
    - US senate congress has fights about funding Obamas care, but has no problems funding Israel which has universal health care, and funding whole bunch of other nations.
    - I was wrongly arrested from my house in 2000 for robbery, spent 3 days in prison, and could not even sue the police district, another police district ended up handling my case. without money I am absolute nobody in this nation. same when my dogs got shot near my house this past December 4th.

    There are many other reasons, but this gives some idea. I respect decent American people with all my heart, and unlike politicians who have access to the establishment media to keep kissing millions of asses and saying god bless America and god bless our men in uniform, I do not have such privilege, but to love a nation I have to love the system, a nation IS a system. If America does not even have a government that represents its' people, what kind of a nation is it? it certainly does not represent me.
    Yet another baiting and trolling post from the OP.

    If you don't like the US, then move somewhere else.

    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    Here is a Youtube video for you:

    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #23
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    I'm pretty sure in response to your unfortunate run-ins with the law, conservatives will tell you to "just make more money and move," not giving a damn about those who are left behind. But you think 3 days is bad? Innocent people are convicted all the time. Be damn grateful your life wasn't in the hands of a jury too inept to get out of jury duty.

  4. #24
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    S
    Quote Originally Posted by pvsi View Post
    People who will comment on this question without reading my post, are obviously trolls.
    Here are my reasons why I have no respect for America as a nation:

    - US president Obama promised dialog with Iran and Syria, but instead invited Saudi Arabian kings to the white house who sent death row inmates to fight Syrian people
    - US president Bush promised no nation building but invaded Iraq, Afghanistan
    - US senate congress has fights about funding Obamas care, but has no problems funding Israel which has universal health care, and funding whole bunch of other nations.
    - I was wrongly arrested from my house in 2000 for robbery, spent 3 days in prison, and could not even sue the police district, another police district ended up handling my case. without money I am absolute nobody in this nation. same when my dogs got shot near my house this past December 4th.

    There are many other reasons, but this gives some idea. I respect decent American people with all my heart, and unlike politicians who have access to the establishment media to keep kissing millions of asses and saying god bless America and god bless our men in uniform, I do not have such privilege, but to love a nation I have to love the system, a nation IS a system. If America does not even have a government that represents its' people, what kind of a nation is it? it certainly does not represent me.
    Sounds to me like it's time to join the Libertarian party my friend. We are the last line of defense. Do not expect liberty or freedom from the GOP or the Progressives. They will give you neither. GOP will give you freedom if you have $$. Progressives will give you freedom if you go along with the agenda. Personally, I'm done picking between the lesser of two evils. Join us on the dark side, we have cookies and freedom. I promise you, we are infinitely more fun as well.


    The American system in it's true form is incredible. The GOP and Progressives have perverted and distorted it to the point that it's not recognizable anymore. This is not America. I assure you, stick around, we'll bring it back, but we need your help.
    Last edited by MichaelJR; 12-30-13 at 02:02 AM.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,795

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    The people have spoken. Prepare to embark.
    But with the Internet he can still post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #26
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    But with the Internet he can still post here.
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.



    The ministry of thought is still in full effect.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,795

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.



    The ministry of thought is still in full effect.
    As we can see with the government and the courts though... they are filled with imbeciles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #28
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    As we can see with the government and the courts though... they are filled with imbeciles.
    Spoken for truth.

  9. #29
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    You mean the American government, right? If you look over track records, you'd have justification to have no respect for a lot of countries. Long as you don't equate the government's actions with the American people as if they're one and the same, it's fair.
    I really want to agree with this, but I just can't.

    I mean, in a sense, yes, the government operates separately from the people. The government often thwarts what is in the people's best interests and sets itself up to perpetuate itself and the bureaucracy. But... and it's a big but... it's all done with the knowledge and complicit approval of the people. Too often apathetic complicit approval.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    01-13-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    511

    Re: Is my lack of respect for USA justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    S

    Sounds to me like it's time to join the Libertarian party my friend. We are the last line of defense. Do not expect liberty or freedom from the GOP or the Progressives. They will give you neither. GOP will give you freedom if you have $$. Progressives will give you freedom if you go along with the agenda. Personally, I'm done picking between the lesser of two evils. Join us on the dark side, we have cookies and freedom. I promise you, we are infinitely more fun as well.


    The American system in it's true form is incredible. The GOP and Progressives have perverted and distorted it to the point that it's not recognizable anymore. This is not America. I assure you, stick around, we'll bring it back, but we need your help.
    I have not been with democrats or republicans since 2000, although in 2004 I voted for a lesser criminal as I explain my reasons why. I have been leaning towards libertarians for the last at least 8 years, and I donated to Ron Paul campaign before he dropped out in 2008, but I want more for lp.org than lp itself offers. I want to see union of independent 3rd parties, and I want to see a complete victory in 2014. that is my vision at the moment, and I need smart people like you not to turn away from my plan and my vision, but help me get through to other activists.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •