View Poll Results: Should Corporate/Privatized prisons be outlawed?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    36 81.82%
  • No.

    6 13.64%
  • Other.

    1 2.27%
  • I did not know about Corporate prisons.

    1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

  1. #81
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    The investigations into this I've conducted has shown me that part of the contract these prison's negotiate is for 80% (or somewhere abouts) guaranteed capacity.

    How do you guarantee a prison's capacity?
    Easy, don't build more prisons, in fact most prisons are over crowed. And a state can always shut down a prison to keep others full. Anyone private or government does not want to run a prison as half speed. That is a losing proposition for the private company or government run facility and the tax payer.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #82
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    BF has to be acting obtuse on purpose. I don't want to believe that anyone is that blind naturally. Corporations spend money on lobbying expecting a return on their "investment". They continue to spend money on lobbying only if they do indeed get a return on their "investment". I mean... DUH!!!
    Try reading my post 79
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #83
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Try reading my post 79
    I did. I stand by my assessment.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #84
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Easy, don't build more prisons, in fact most prisons are over crowed. And a state can always shut down a prison to keep others full. Anyone private or government does not want to run a prison as half speed. That is a losing proposition for the private company or government run facility and the tax payer.
    This sounds allot like people I come across who believe gold isn't manipulated. That it just so happens that supply meets demand to the gram, every, single, year....

    Don't believe it...

    When you have to make quotas people go to jail when they shouldn't have to...

    but, here, look for yourself...

    www.inthepublicinterest.org/sites/default/files/Criminal-Lockup Quota-Report.pdf

  5. #85
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I did. I stand by my assessment.
    What assessment. That lobbyist are criminals? Or is it that lobbyist are legal in this country. Here is my assessment, with all you that are against private run corrections it's not that at all, but it's all about lobbyist. You want to pick and choose what lobbyist can be allowed in this country.

    How about not picking on private companies of any business model and be against lobbyist. Period. My assessment is you don't want to do that, because you want to pick and choose.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #86
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    This sounds allot like people I come across who believe gold isn't manipulated. That it just so happens that supply meets demand to the gram, every, single, year....

    Don't believe it...

    When you have to make quotas people go to jail when they shouldn't have to...

    but, here, look for yourself...

    www.inthepublicinterest.org/sites/default/files/Criminal-Lockup Quota-Report.pdf
    I already answered your question, read post 81. Sorry you're claim in bold is not a proven fact. To run a prison or any hotel etc. you as a operator need a guarantee by the owner of a certain ocupency rate to break even. This is standard in so many operators of hotels, prisons, cruise lines, theme parks, you name it.

    I repeat the state or the fed can shut down a prison to keep the capacity of the other prisons near full capacity making for a private or government run facility economical for the tax payer. This is a fact. You can find litature to support your cause at every turn. But because it is written somewhere does not make it SO.

    You make the word "quota" sound like a nasty word. Forget "quota" for a second and say "occupancy rate" to run a facility to be efficient it has to have a certain occupancy rate. And to do that the state can close other facilities to guarantee the occupancy rate.
    Last edited by Born Free; 12-29-13 at 10:20 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #87
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Is LOBBYING a crime? Is LOBBYING for you're vote a crime? Are all the thousands of Lobbyist criminals? Or are lobbyist committing a crime? Does anyone have to do what a lobbyist says?

    It sure tell me you want to pick and chose who can lobby, how about doing away with lobbyist and leave the private run corrections alone.
    Of course lobbying's not a crime. Good lord, could you be more obtuse?

    Do you feel the incarceration of our citizens should be a for-profit industry, even if that comes at the expense of people being given harsher sentences due to laws created by politicians who are on the dole of the very companies being paid to house these inmates? Yes or no question.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course lobbying's not a crime. Good lord, could you be more obtuse?
    So good, lobbying is not a crime and is done by many many companies.

    Do you feel the incarceration of our citizens should be a for-profit industry
    The incarceration of our citizens is because they committed a crime. Period. Who runs the facility makes no difference to me as long as it is run in accordance with the specifications. And that goes to government or private run.

    even if that comes at the expense of people being given harsher sentences due to laws created by politicians who are on the dole of the very companies being paid to house these inmates?
    That is a crime and those that are on the dole should be prosecuted. In our history there have been many politicians taking bribes and have been prosecuted because of it.

    Criminal cavity is just that, criminal, and whoever commits a crime should be prosecuted.
    Last edited by Born Free; 12-29-13 at 10:33 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  9. #89
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course lobbying's not a crime. Good lord, could you be more obtuse?
    Obtuse, the only reason that you don't like private run corrections is because of lobbyist. Period. So do away with the lobbyist for any and all companies, problem solved. Is it not?
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Obtuse, the only reason that you don't like private run corrections is because of lobbyist. Period. So do away with the lobbyist for any and all companies, problem solved. Is it not?
    Um, no it's not.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •