View Poll Results: Should Corporate/Privatized prisons be outlawed?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    36 81.82%
  • No.

    6 13.64%
  • Other.

    1 2.27%
  • I did not know about Corporate prisons.

    1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

  1. #71
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    If that's you "resting your case," you haven't made an argument, so I don't see anyone ruling in your favor. The report's there. The fact that you have chosen to utterly ignore all but the last three paragraphs is proof positive you have no interest in having a serious discussion.
    Now to the above, the report you quoted made no recommendations what so ever regarding private run corrections. If there had been recommendations regrading the private run companies then we would have something talk about. You can spend all your time going through the report and quote this and that, but in the end their own report came up with NO RECOMMENDATIONS to do anything regarding the private companies. Zip zero, nada, nothing, period.

    So yeah, I rest my case on the Recommendations. There was none regarding private companies.
    Last edited by Born Free; 12-29-13 at 09:31 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #72
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Throughout this thread you have come off as a good compliant little drone who blindly accepts whatever the government tells him. This post confirms it.
    What!!!!! Try and explain exactly what you just said.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #73
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    A thousand times yes. End the war on drugs as well, a total failure.
    War on Drugs, interesting, the world is full of drugs, most all drugs are illegal, even prescription drugs without a Dr. subscription. Illegal drugs can range from blood pressure pills, pain pills, to raw heroin, to pot. However this is not the thread to debate this issue. Start a thread, I'll look for it.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #74
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Abso-freakin-lutely.

    This is one of the biggest disagreement's I had with Gary Johnson.

    You don't make the dollar an incentive for imprisoning people. This really should be a no-brainer...

  5. #75
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    "It's not correctable" then all this private run correction facility BS is all about nothing.
    The LOBBYING isn't correctable. They could just end all of this by BANNING PRIVATE PRISONS, but that wasn't the intent of the report.

    I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to admit that private prisons lobby lawmakers for conditions favorable to private prisons. Which is what that report that you ignored clearly states.
    Last edited by Kobie; 12-29-13 at 09:40 PM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Abso-freakin-lutely.

    This is one of the biggest disagreement's I had with Gary Johnson.

    You don't make the dollar an incentive for imprisoning people. This really should be a no-brainer...
    Last I remember the legislators make the laws, people break the law, juries and judges send them to jail for a specific amount of time. And most get out before their time is up.

    Now if what you are saying in "bold" I take you are suggesting their are bribes to legislators, judges, lawyers and juries to get more people in jail. That is a crime.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #77
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Now to the above, the report you quoted made no recommendations what so ever regarding private run corrections. If there had been recommendations regrading the private run companies then we would have something talk about. You can spend all your time going through the report and quote this and that, but in the end their own report came up with NO RECOMMENDATIONS to do anything regarding the private companies. Zip zero, nada, nothing, period.

    So yeah, I rest my case on the Recommendations. There was none regarding private companies.
    It doesn't matter if they recommended anything or not. That does not change the facts outlined in the report, whether you like it or not.

    Private prisons lobby lawmakers for conditions favorable to private prisons, including harsher penalties. Fact. Print it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #78
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Last I remember the legislators make the laws, people break the law, juries and judges send them to jail for a specific amount of time. And most get out before their time is up.

    Now if what you are saying in "bold" I take you are suggesting their are bribes to legislators, judges, lawyers and juries to get more people in jail. That is a crime.
    The investigations into this I've conducted has shown me that part of the contract these prison's negotiate is for 80% (or somewhere abouts) guaranteed capacity.

    How do you guarantee a prison's capacity?

  9. #79
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The LOBBYING isn't correctable. They could just end all of this by BANNING PRIVATE PRISONS, but that wasn't the intent of the report.
    Is LOBBYING a crime? Is LOBBYING for you're vote a crime? Are all the thousands of Lobbyist criminals? Or are lobbyist committing a crime? Does anyone have to do what a lobbyist says?

    It sure tell me you want to pick and chose who can lobby, how about doing away with lobbyist and leave the private run corrections alone.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #80
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: For-Profit Prisons: Eight Statistics That Show the Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It doesn't matter if they recommended anything or not. That does not change the facts outlined in the report, whether you like it or not.

    Private prisons lobby lawmakers for conditions favorable to private prisons, including harsher penalties. Fact. Print it.
    BF has to be acting obtuse on purpose. I don't want to believe that anyone is that blind naturally. Corporations spend money on lobbying expecting a return on their "investment". They continue to spend money on lobbying only if they do indeed get a return on their "investment". I mean... DUH!!!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •