View Poll Results: What will today's end of benefits for 1.3m Americans mean for this forum?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Won't. Even. Put. A. Dent. In. Participation. Here. At. All.

    10 35.71%
  • It means most of us here will be posting from our iPads while flipping burgers at Mickey Dee's.

    6 21.43%
  • It'll hurt, but glass half-full: At least the number of "American Idol" viewers'll drop, too!

    10 35.71%
  • S'pose I really don't give enough of a spit to give it much thought, really.

    2 7.14%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Look, if we are rotting out the people's brains, desensitizing their souls to the suffering of others, and turning destructive criminal behavior into amusing sport rather than something to be shunned..... but can also make oodles of money off of it?!?

    Cmon Chris - it's the American Way!
    The ancient Greeks were very fond of their sitcoms. Maybe I should start watching them, American sitcoms, instead of learning more about the ancient Greeks. I am still in awe of the Athenian victory of the Persians at Marathon.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 12-29-13 at 10:30 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The ancient Greeks were very fond of their sitcoms. Maybe I should start watching them, American sitcoms, instead of learning more about the ancient Greeks. I am still in awe of the Athenian victory of the Persians at Marathon.
    At least sitcoms are entertaining unlike reality shows.

  3. #63
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by shart attack View Post
    Easy. As they are no longer eligible for benefits they will no longer count, and the unemployment numbers should drop again demonstrating 'progress'.

  4. #64
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which is stigmatizing.....or perhaps your argument is clueless to the definition.
    Hey, lookit that - the New York Times is Stigmatizing the Unemployed!


    Economists expect that the end of the emergency jobless benefits will, surprisingly, lead to a sharp drop in the unemployment rate, by as much as 0.5 percentage points.

    That is in part because the loss of benefits might spur some workers to intensify their job search, or accept an offer they might have turned down...
    "surprisingly"

  5. #65
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hey, lookit that - the New York Times is Stigmatizing the Unemployed!




    "surprisingly"
    Wow....not only is your argument incapable of recognizing its own stigmatizing.......it cannot differentiate a newspaper reporting it....in statements made by "economists".

    FFS!

    Good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I heard today on the news this guybeing interviewed who's been collecting unemployment benefits for almost two years and he was pissed off.

    I think his exact words were "I now have to go out and get a job !!!"

    The recession ended in July of 2009. It's been Obama's economy as soon as he got his stimulus to pay off the unions and his corporate donors who helped put him in office, cash for clunkers and the Feds have been propping up Obama's economy for almost five years now.
    A stunning lack of citations...Need to get over the hyper-partisanship too
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  7. #67
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wow....not only is your argument incapable of recognizing its own stigmatizing.......it cannot differentiate a newspaper reporting it....in statements made by "economists".

    FFS!

    Good grief.
    hey, if your big retort is to accuse us of having an opinion so basic that even the NYTimes is forced to admit it, but that they have to cit "economists" to do so...

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    hey, if your big retort is to accuse us of having an opinion so basic that even the NYTimes is forced to admit it, but that they have to cit "economists" to do so...
    If in your arguments' view that reporting stigmatizing legitimizes the action.....well there it is.

    At the least, your argument has recognized and admitted that it is stigmatizing.
    That only took, what, 2 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If in your arguments' view that reporting stigmatizing legitimizes the action.....well there it is.
    no one is out there stigmatizing. It's just the charge being thrown because no one wants to defend people using unemployment as a paid vacation.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: unemployment benefits running out for 1.3m americans saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no one is out there stigmatizing. It's just the charge being thrown because no one wants to defend people using unemployment as a paid vacation.
    And there your argument is back again not recognizing its irony.

    Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •