View Poll Results: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    18 39.13%
  • 5-10 years

    13 28.26%
  • 10-15 years

    7 15.22%
  • 15-20 years

    1 2.17%
  • 20-25 years

    1 2.17%
  • 25+ years

    2 4.35%
  • NEVER

    4 8.70%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 207

Thread: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?[W:178]

  1. #181
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Then how does this differ with saying that all citizens are able to enter into marriage with the same race?
    Race is a protected constitutional class. In fact we have a couple amendments because of it. Sexual orientation, not so much.

  2. #182
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and yet they are still persons and it still factually an equality issue
    We have people who still believe the world is less than 6,000 years old. They believe their opinions to be factual as well.

  3. #183
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    I think the religious folks should be all for gay marriage actually, as it would cut down on the amount of gay sex.

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We have people who still believe the world is less than 6,000 years old. They believe their opinions to be factual as well.
    this is true, they BELIEVE it

    BUT

    facts prove them wrong

    just like now, the handful of people that believe they are right are proven wrong by facts, facts proof SSM is an equal rights issue
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Then how does this differ with saying that all citizens are able to enter into marriage with the same race?
    it doesnt, just like equal rights for women and minorities and your example of interracial marriage.

    THey are all equal rights issues
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #186
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Happy to:

    "This case presents a constitutional question never addressed by this Court: whether a statutory scheme adopted by the State of Virginia to prevent marriages between persons solely on the basis of racial classificationsviolates the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."

    Loving v. Virginia | LII / Legal Information Institute
    My apologies for not being more clear, but this claim: "Gay behavior is a choice."

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Strictly speaking his exact words are correct - in fact all voluntary human sexual behavior is chosen. Attraction, perhaps so, perhaps not, but behavior, certainly.
    Really? Releasing hormones is chosen? You, too, should cite your sources. Like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  7. #187
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Race is a protected constitutional class. In fact we have a couple amendments because of it. Sexual orientation, not so much.
    The only amendment that refers to race is the 15th. What makes race different from sexual orientation that it gets to be a protected class? There is no amendment to mark pregnancy as a protected class, but it is one. Is your argument really that the only difference is that the Supreme Court has recognized one and not the other? And how does that support any argument that sexual orientation shouldn't be protected?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #188
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Same reason the SCOTUS gave the first time when they upheld DOMA. All citizens (with certain legal exceptions) ARE able to enter onto marriage with the opposite sex. Sexual orientation is not a protected class.
    Except that the majority opinion did mention the words "protected class." These bans were made to target and discriminate against this class, don't kid yourself.

  9. #189
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Indeed it is, and as the court had previoously ruled upholding DOMA, gay marriage doesn't fall under that umbrella. Of course they appear to have changed their minds. Interesting and illuminating since the Constitution hasn't changed in the meantime. Could be why Jefferson and Madison were so insistent that the SCOTUS was never granted the power it took for themselves.

    What SCOTUS case was this?


    >>>>

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    82

    Re: Equal rights/Same Sex Marriage how long until its a national reality?

    Even though I am 100% against this degeneracy I voted 0-5 years I am guessing closer to 3 years or so. The south as usual will be the last to be forced to recognize more moral degeneracy and the rotting of this nations core even more.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •