View Poll Results: Did you sign up for Obamacare?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    0 0%
  • No way

    4 26.67%
  • I have private insurance

    10 66.67%
  • I will buy it when I need it

    1 6.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Have you purchased your plan yet?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I think the bolded is what he is asking.
    That would be correct.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,662

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    I did get cancelled and had to get a new plan but I didn't go through the exchange (I'm not getting a subsidy so it doesn't matter). My premium actually went down by more than $100/mo. Copays, max out of pocket, etc. are all in the same ballpark as where I was before.

    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you healthy people for bailing out a guy who took the liberty of putting his body through hell for half of his life.

  3. #23
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,590

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I did get cancelled and had to get a new plan but I didn't go through the exchange (I'm not getting a subsidy so it doesn't matter). My premium actually went down by more than $100/mo. Copays, max out of pocket, etc. are all in the same ballpark as where I was before.

    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you healthy people for bailing out a guy who took the liberty of putting his body through hell for half of his life.

    That damn ACA. Always letting people get heath insurance more cheaply than before. Curse you Obama!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,662

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    That damn ACA. Always letting people get heath insurance more cheaply than before. Curse you Obama!
    Did you miss the fact that so far everyone else has had an increase in their cost? The only reason mine went down is because I've got one of those "preexisting conditions" that really doesn't mess up my life at all but cost me a few bucks more than everyone else and prior to the ACA I figured it was only appropriate that I pay more because I did this stuff to myself.

    Am I complaining that my rate went down? No, but I do recognize that people who took better care of themselves are paying the price for my own stupidity.

  5. #25
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,590

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Did you miss the fact that so far everyone else has had an increase in their cost? The only reason mine went down is because I've got one of those "preexisting conditions" that really doesn't mess up my life at all but cost me a few bucks more than everyone else and prior to the ACA I figured it was only appropriate that I pay more because I did this stuff to myself.

    Am I complaining that my rate went down? No, but I do recognize that people who took better care of themselves are paying the price for my own stupidity.
    I assume by saying 'everyone else' you're discussing the self selected people who posted on this thread.

    I was referring to the general population, who are mostly getting good coverage at reasonable prices.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,662

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I assume by saying 'everyone else' you're discussing the self selected people who posted on this thread.

    I was referring to the general population, who are mostly getting good coverage at reasonable prices.
    Really?

    Damned near everyone I know is paying more and if you read the news you'll see that most of the people I don't know are having the same problem.

    If this was as good a deal as you say it is I GUARANTEE you that the democrats would be parading all these happy people out in front of us all day long but, as you may have noticed, they're pretty damned quiet about things right now.

  7. #27
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    No. It could possibly be the mark of the beast. They want to put an RFID chip in people.

  8. #28
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,590

    Re: Have you purchased your plan yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Really?

    Damned near everyone I know is paying more and if you read the news you'll see that most of the people I don't know are having the same problem.

    If this was as good a deal as you say it is I GUARANTEE you that the democrats would be parading all these happy people out in front of us all day long but, as you may have noticed, they're pretty damned quiet about things right now.
    You must read different news than I. And you must know a lot of people who liked cheap, bad insurance I guess.

    Between subsidies, caps on administrative/marketing costs, and competition, insurance in general is cheaper on the exchanges than in the past.

    Some pay more, it's true. But when everything is done, I'm betting we will see most pay less.

    http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/04/news...amacare-costs/

    Maybe you're watching Hannity or Fox? Because half that stuff is made up.

    http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •