View Poll Results: What do you think of plus-size barbie?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good...i would buy one for my daugher/friend/self

    4 6.25%
  • Bad...this is just a horrible idea

    19 29.69%
  • Why can't they make a normal-size barbie?

    31 48.44%
  • I can count to potato.

    19 29.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 455

Thread: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

  1. #61
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    There is currently a debate raging over at the Huffington Post whether Mattel should make a plus-size Barbie doll for children.

    On the one hand, people are arguing that the original (skinny) Barbie promotes an unhealthy body image, and that little girls should have more realistic dolls to play with.

    On the other hand, people are arguing that the plus-size Barbie promotes unhealthy eating habits, and they are saying it's political correctness gone wild.

    Then, of course, you have the middle-of-the-roaders, who think they should make a Barbie somewhat in between the two dolls shown below.

    What do you think?

    Attachment 67158892
    I prefer some meat on the bones, but they overdid it on the face.

    Posting because it's late, I can't sleep, and I'm bored. I don't really give a rat's arse about this issue, so I guess the current version is fine with me.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #62
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    The historical basis for the Scandinavian countries make a great foundation for gender equality. The harshness of their lives made it necessary to have the great responsibilities and tasks for both genders. In a contrasting manner the much more bearable lives of the Mediterranean cultures gave the people there a lot more room to have certain social restrictions and expectations without causing detrimental harm to their society.

    This can be seen again as these countries began to industrialize. Sweden with a population today of only 10 million while countries such as Italy and Spain have around 40 to 60 million. Imagine the differences when these countries' populations were based more on their agrarian capabilities. Italy and Spain can afford to hold their genders in different lights, while the Scandinavian countries have much less to work with population wise. This along with their historical foundations have made these countries develop very different perceptions of what is appropriate.

    America although diverse is far to similar to the Mediterranean cultures. This is largely upon the nations once great traditional values stemming from religion and the arable landscape. Of course you can take into consideration the frontier women and the surges of the feminist movement during the early 20th century and during the 60's, but for the most part we still have a fairly "traditional" view of society.
    Good post.

    Question: Sweden used to be much more war-like, a few hundred years ago. How does that fit in?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #63
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    lol, no way that is real?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I prefer some meat on the bones, but they overdid it on the face.

    Posting because it's late, I can't sleep, and I'm bored. I don't really give a rat's arse about this issue, so I guess the current version is fine with me.
    Eww! I guess fat girls need lovin' too!

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    How about a healthy looking Barbie? And no, the normal Barbie would not be a healthy person.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I think that kind of depends upon how strong someone's jaw happens to be, honestly.

    I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but I am prone to being a bit more "jowly" in general simply because I have kind of a small jaw. I basically have to be skin and bones to get it to go away entirely.
    Yes, but her's is HUGE! It was funny because I hadn't seen her in years, and then I just happened to run into her. She used to be really thin, and when I saw her again all could think was "did you eat my friend Tina?"

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How about a healthy looking Barbie? And no, the normal Barbie would not be a healthy person.
    I don't know. When I was little, I liked the fact that Barbie was hot. Who wants to play with an ugly, fat or average-looking Barbie?

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know. When I was little, I liked the fact that Barbie was hot. Who wants to play with an ugly, fat or average-looking Barbie?
    Skinny to the bone ain't hot, just saying.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Skinny to the bone ain't hot, just saying.
    Well, apparently a lot of people would disagree with you, seeing as what a hot seller Barbie has been for generations.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Let's face it, if you have giant knockers you can be either fat or thin. Doesn't really matter to a lot of people.

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •