View Poll Results: What do you think of plus-size barbie?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good...i would buy one for my daugher/friend/self

    4 6.25%
  • Bad...this is just a horrible idea

    19 29.69%
  • Why can't they make a normal-size barbie?

    31 48.44%
  • I can count to potato.

    19 29.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 455

Thread: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think chunky Barbie will be a harder sell because it'll be a bitch to find clothes that fit her!
    It also sounds like..... a really mean present to give a child.

    Imagine having a fat daughter and you give her a toy like that, even worse - when her "friends" see her with it, she`ll end up traumatised for the rest of her life.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    It also sounds like..... a really mean present to give a child.

    Imagine having a fat daughter and you give her a toy like that, even worse - when her "friends" see her with it, she`ll end up traumatised for the rest of her life.
    Yes, I can imagine the other girls not being very nice.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    To be honest, I don't have a problem with Plus Size Barbie (Crack Whore Barbie, big problem, lol!) with the exception of those triple chins. That chick would have to weigh 600 pounds to have that many chins, seriously. Just give her a pretty-but-plump face and move on, Mattel!!

    All little girls like to have dolls that either look like them or look like someone they'd like to be, so I like seeing Barbies in all colors and sizes.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Though in America the military is very celebrated, and I would assume people don't have a necessarily bad impression of G.I. Joe.

    Would you say the Barbie issue is one of international or of just American significance?
    Yes, I think the view on the military is the single biggest difference between Europe and America. Swedish parents would freak out if their kids had toy guns or little dolls that look like soldiers. War isn't something little kids should dream about doing. War is a bad thing, and certainly not for kids.

    I think the Barbie issue is global for sure. In Sweden, I don't think Barbie is very popular for that reason, even though many Swedish women do look like Barbie dolls.

    They just give the little girls cell phones when they're like 5 years old, that's what I can't stand over there.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    To be honest, I don't have a problem with Plus Size Barbie (Crack Whore Barbie, big problem, lol!) with the exception of those triple chins. That chick would have to weigh 600 pounds to have that many chins, seriously. Just give her a pretty-but-plump face and move on, Mattel!!

    All little girls like to have dolls that either look like them or look like someone they'd like to be, so I like seeing Barbies in all colors and sizes.
    That's not always the case. I have a friend who isn't really that large, but she has a HUGE double chin, like a stork or something, seriously.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yes, I think the view on the military is the single biggest difference between Europe and America. Swedish parents would freak out if their kids had toy guns or little dolls that look like soldiers. War isn't something little kids should dream about doing. War is a bad thing, and certainly not for kids.

    I think the Barbie issue is global for sure. In Sweden, I don't think Barbie is very popular for that reason, even though many Swedish women do look like Barbie dolls.

    They just give the little girls cell phones when they're like 5 years old, that's what I can't stand over there.
    Actualy toy guns are just as common here in Europe as they are in the US.

    The only debates considering toys which I have noticed going on here recently were a potential ban on all toys made in China due to the potential content of harmfull chemicals

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's not always the case. I have a friend who isn't really that large, but she has a HUGE double chin, like a stork or something, seriously.
    I think that kind of depends upon how strong someone's jaw happens to be, honestly.

    I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but I am prone to being a bit more "jowly" in general simply because I have kind of a small jaw. I basically have to be skin and bones to get it to go away entirely.

  8. #38
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yes, I think the view on the military is the single biggest difference between Europe and America. Swedish parents would freak out if their kids had toy guns or little dolls that look like soldiers. War isn't something little kids should dream about doing. War is a bad thing, and certainly not for kids.

    I think the Barbie issue is global for sure. In Sweden, I don't think Barbie is very popular for that reason, even though many Swedish women do look like Barbie dolls.

    They just give the little girls cell phones when they're like 5 years old, that's what I can't stand over there.
    I know what you mean. Kids aren't given things that promote the growth of their imagination any more. It mostly just mindless electronic games that leaves them in a stupor. My personal favorite will always be my Lincoln Logs.

    There is a considerably larger market for both the G.I. Joe and the Barbie in the United States. Would you say that a lot of the dissatisfaction with the figure of Barbie could come from households that might not have a young male element in them?
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Actualy toy guns are just as common here in Europe as they are in the US.

    The only debates considering toys which I have noticed going on here recently were a potential ban on all toys made in China due to the potential content of harmfull chemicals
    In Germany maybe, but not in Sweden from what I remember.

    Yes the Chinese toy debate is also in the United States. Every couple years, they come out with a new story about a recall or some toys with lead in them or something.

    The Chinese are trying to make us all stupider in their scheme to take over the world.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Your Opinion on Plus Size Barbie

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    I know what you mean. Kids aren't given things that promote the growth of their imagination any more. It mostly just mindless electronic games that leaves them in a stupor. My personal favorite will always be my Lincoln Logs.
    Legos.

    My younger brother and I had more fun playing with those as children than I can easily account for. We'd build whole cities and role play complex stories with our lego men and action figures in them.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 12-26-13 at 01:46 AM.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •