A fighter who will fight for you
A compromiser who will work with their opposition
Unsure/Other (Please explain)
I'd prefer someone who's pragmatic. You should never compromise just for the sake of compromise, but when you can compromise a little bit to get a lot of what you want you do that. If you have somebody standing up for 10% of what you want in a way that assures you won't get the other 90% that is not a good thing, and I think that's what some politicians get stuck on.
There should be Instant Runoff Voting
I go for 1 and 2.
"God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."
I want one who can do both and knows when to fight and when to compromise. Just doing one or the other all the time completely fails to represent one's constituents or the American people as a whole.
Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.
So if you're saying that American liberals, as in progressives, don't actually care about freedom -- that's sort of true. Now, that's an incendiary statement, and it's also false, but you're correct in saying that an inherent part of progressive doctrine isn't necessarily increasing negative freedoms (though I think most would argue quite rightly that progressive do favour positive freedoms, which are in general better for a society anyway).
But you're also just dead wrong if you're using that term in the political terminology sense, where being a 'liberal' is literally all about freedom.
You can have leftist libertarians which favor gay marriage and the freedom to murder unborn babies. Then you have conservatives who tend to favor traditional values. the Tea Party is the more conservative libertarians who favor gun rights and are pro-life (favoring freedom of unborn babies to live), and then conservative authoritarians who believe in being strict about their conservative values. The bottom left would be more socialist.
Liberal values you see equality BUT usually in the sense of what sounds nice in theory, but not always in practice. For example, liberals will try to make sure that they have at least 1 black, 1 woman, and 1 hispanic person - one type of every type of people, so that no type of person feels misrepresented. For example, there's even some Republicans in the Obama Cabinet.
Republicans would just rather choose the qualified individuals, regardless of what color or gender they are. But if it's all white men, then some people might think that they're being too exclusive. This isn't always the case anymore like it used to be, due to the ambitiousness of women and minorities.
But, I understand that that's how the 'general idea' of the mindset works.
Women (Nasty or otherwise) are going to be the reason that Donald Trump is NEVER President!