View Poll Results: Are you going to get health insurance because Obamacare mandates it?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    6 12.77%
  • No.

    41 87.23%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Are you going to get health insurance?

  1. #41
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    I'm getting health care because I need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I think health insurance is a huge scam. I already signed up for health insurance for the first time in my life. My policy takes effect January 1, 2014. I do think it is important to obey the law. Our leaders make decisions with the best interest of the country at heart. Even a bad plan works better when we all do the thing we are supposed to do.

    Yes. I will get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it. You bet. Working together as Americans is a patriotic thing to do. Just because I disagree with it, don't understand it or have a better idea doesn't mean I should sabotage my country. That's a very destructive mentality to have. Great empires always collapse from within. It doesn't bother me too much when we have dissenting opinions. It does break my heart when people refuse to do the patriotic thing just because it's inconvenient or too costly. Be an American. Obey the law. The more no's that I see in this poll, the sadder I get.

    Did I mention that I believe all insurance salesman should be tortured 18 hours a day for 20 years and then be released on the condition that they stop being disgusting scam artist? I hate health insurance with a burning passion in my belly but I bought a policy to comply with the law.

    Make sense? I don't have to get my way all the time. There is such thing as being a grown up.
    Impressive sentiment.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I'm getting health care because I need it.
    Why didn't you need it before January 1, 2014?

    I have heard it said, "Usually we have a choice between bad and worse. In that case we should choose bad."

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    That's why I asked since the OP question was not clear to me and I'm trying to participate in a useful manner. Once the question was clarified, I answered it correctly and honestly.
    Why do you need health insurance all of a sudden? Why didn't you need it last year, the year before that or the year before that? so on and so forth?

  4. #44
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    As long as emergency rooms are forced to treat everyone, everyone needs to have health coverage or the rest of us end up paying their bill....at the most expensive place possible and often after health conditions are so far advanced treatment is through the roof expensive and the patients' quality of life might be permanently degraded.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #45
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Why didn't you need it before January 1, 2014?

    I have heard it said, "Usually we have a choice between bad and worse. In that case we should choose bad."
    Because I already had it through my university (through a post-graduation extension). That agreement expires this month, so now its the exchanges.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #46
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Why do you need health insurance all of a sudden? Why didn't you need it last year, the year before that or the year before that? so on and so forth?
    The clarification I asked for had to do with the "Obamacare" motivation. Once clarified, I was able to answer the question honestly.

    I have no idea why you think I didn't need or want insurance in the past. In multiple discussions, I've been honest enough to reveal that I'm on Medicare. Thus, I would have insurance even if I didn't want it.

    Once you turn 65, unless you're incredibly stupid and self-destructive, you sign up for Medicare with one phone call. Medicare is a straight 80/20 "plan". Most Medicare recipients tend to upgrade to Medicare Advantage or Medicare supplement. This gets rid of the open-ended liability of 80/20 and may include Part D, prescription drugs, which comes with the Advantage Plans and must be bought separately in the Supplement plans.

    I've also mentioned in many of these discussions that I got insurance when I was 55. So, for the first part of my life, I took my chances, paid cash as I went.

    Maybe you're confusing me with another poster?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Can you define the question please?

    I'm getting health insurance but not because the King insisted. So, am I a YES or a NO?
    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I'm getting health insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Maybe you're confusing me with another poster?
    Yes. I'm confused but I did not confuse you with another poster.

  8. #48
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Yes. I'm confused but I did not confuse you with another poster.
    OK. Maybe you just confused this poster (me).

    What should I have said instead? Was my request for clarification unreasonable? It wasn't intended that way but you know, I'm old, I'm ditzy. If you'you'll explain my error, please know that I'll appreciate it. It wasn't my intention to be difficult so help me out. Thanks.

  9. #49
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Why do you need health insurance all of a sudden? Why didn't you need it last year, the year before that or the year before that? so on and so forth?
    Here is the OP:

    Are you going to get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it? A simple yes or no question.

    So, YES I got health insurance and NO I didn't get it because of Obamacare. So, the answer - to be accurate - needed clarification. Then, I was able to say NO (because Obamacare wasn't my motivation) and YES, I got health insurance just as I have for the last 15 years or so.

    Are we all cleared up now?

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Here is the OP:

    Are you going to get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it? A simple yes or no question.

    So, YES I got health insurance and NO I didn't get it because of Obamacare. So, the answer - to be accurate - needed clarification. Then, I was able to say NO (because Obamacare wasn't my motivation) and YES, I got health insurance just as I have for the last 15 years or so.

    Are we all cleared up now?
    Yes. I know what you mean. It just seems to me the results to this poll are going to be very skewed. I think his target audience was people without insurance.

    The yes answers would indicate people who bought insurance in order to comply with the law. The no answers would indicate people who still won't buy insurance even though the Affordable Care Act requires it. If all of those no answers are from people who have had insurance for years then the poll makes absolutely no sense to me.

    Perhaps this poll needs to be redone. Maybe it's not as simple as yes or no. Perhaps this was his intent but I don't see what insight he gathered if the no answers are so widely diverse in character.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •