View Poll Results: Are you going to get health insurance because Obamacare mandates it?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    6 12.77%
  • No.

    41 87.23%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Are you going to get health insurance?

  1. #31
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    The law doesn't require using the website. Don't be so dramatic.
    no drama - the website is known to be insecure. And you have to go through the website if you don't want to have to pay the inflated prices.

  2. #32
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Are you going to get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it? A simple yes or no question.



    My answer is no because I live in Europe and I already have health insurance.

  3. #33
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    You are a no. The question implies you are submitting to the law against your will. Your purchase of health insurance seems to be a coincidence. You have to read the OP carefully it doesn't say because Obama says so. It says because Obamacare says so. This was a law passed by the majority of congress, the majority of the senate, signed by the president, upheld by the constitution and it was tested in the state of Massachusetts under the leadership of Mitt Romney. The OP is a little misleading.

    It should read, "Are you going to get health insurance because the Affordable Care Act requires it?" or "Are you going to be buying health insurance simply because it is required by law?" or "Are you buying health insurance because of an idea introduced by Mitt Romney?"
    That's why I asked since the OP question was not clear to me and I'm trying to participate in a useful manner. Once the question was clarified, I answered it correctly and honestly.

  4. #34
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I think health insurance is a huge scam. I already signed up for health insurance for the first time in my life. My policy takes effect January 1, 2014. I do think it is important to obey the law. Our leaders make decisions with the best interest of the country at heart. Even a bad plan works better when we all do the thing we are supposed to do.

    Yes. I will get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it. You bet. Working together as Americans is a patriotic thing to do. Just because I disagree with it, don't understand it or have a better idea doesn't mean I should sabotage my country. That's a very destructive mentality to have. Great empires always collapse from within. It doesn't bother me too much when we have dissenting opinions. It does break my heart when people refuse to do the patriotic thing just because it's inconvenient or too costly. Be an American. Obey the law. The more no's that I see in this poll, the sadder I get.

    Did I mention that I believe all insurance salesman should be tortured 18 hours a day for 20 years and then be released on the condition that they stop being disgusting scam artist? I hate health insurance with a burning passion in my belly but I bought a policy to comply with the law.

    Make sense? I don't have to get my way all the time. There is such thing as being a grown up.




    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    If you don't need or want it, why do you have it?
    I meant that if I didn't have it, clearly I didn't want it or I'd have it, therefore... you get the idea. There are lots of people out there who neither have it nor need it and therefore aren't going to buy it from Obamacare.

    Me, I get it from work and don't need Obamacare either.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I don't know which one you are advocating. I know which one is happening. Surely you see a difference between fighting against something that is oppressive and something that is designed to improve our country. People aren't fighting against the health care law to stand up for liberty and the American ideal. They are rebelling against the law to save $300 in mandatory government purchases or a tax(according to the supreme court). These people aren't going to organize, risk their fortunes, risk their liberty and risk their life to fight against health insurance. People will organize, risk their fortunes, risk their liberty and risk their life to fight things like the right for gay marriage. Mandatory health insurance is an economic issue not an act to oppress a certain class of citizens or to restrict someone's right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness.

    Stop being so dramatic about this. Nobody will organize over this. It just isn't going to happen.
    Dramatic? lol that is funny. But seriously, who says people need to actually organize for this? The biggest reason that prohibition got repealed was due to two things. Wide spread ignoring of the law by individuals...including cops and mayors and such, and jury nullification. Very few people actually organized to get it repealed.

    In otherwords people do not have to organize to have their voices heard.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #37
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,396

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    No I am not getting it because it's mandated.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #38
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    I have health insurance. I like my policy (there's a difference between like and love). I was allowed to keep what I have.

    If I were uninsured I would take advantage of new options.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #39
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    On the plus side, it is reported that an aide to the president may or may not have signed him (not his family) up for the 400 a month bronze plan that he will never pay for nor use.

    There are a whooooooooooooole lot of people that are in the 'not' category-especially in the younger category. They would rather pay the fine to NOT HAVE TO have the insurance they clamored for and blindly supported. There are another ton that signed up and have had all their data dumped and will have to start over. Then there is the vast majority that logged in and created an account but havent actually signed up for (and paid for) the ACA.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Are you going to get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it? A simple yes or no question.
    I voted yes but probably should have voted no as I have never been without

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •