View Poll Results: Are you going to get health insurance because Obamacare mandates it?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    6 12.77%
  • No.

    41 87.23%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Are you going to get health insurance?

  1. #11
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Are you going to get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it? A simple yes or no question.
    Can you define the question please?

    I'm getting health insurance but not because the King insisted. So, am I a YES or a NO?

  2. #12
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    I think the government should stop spending so much money on things we don't need.

    Then, we could possibly have free healthcare all around. Like Canada.

  3. #13
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,122

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    No.

    It's pointless.
    Elaborate,

  4. #14
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Because of the Mandate? No. Because it is part of my compensation? Yes.

    If I for some reason don't get it through my job?

    ....I would be very hesitant to put my personal information on that website. It's like buying from a site that you know won't protect your credit card number / pin / etc.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Can you define the question please?

    I'm getting health insurance but not because the King insisted. So, am I a YES or a NO?
    The question is pretty straight forward. If you're not getting insurance because of the mandate but because you actually want to for <insert reason other than obamacare here> then you would be a no.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I think health insurance is a huge scam. I already signed up for health insurance for the first time in my life. My policy takes effect January 1, 2014. I do think it is important to obey the law. Our leaders make decisions with the best interest of the country at heart. Even a bad plan works better when we all do the thing we are supposed to do.

    Yes. I will get health insurance just because Obamacare mandates it. You bet. Working together as Americans is a patriotic thing to do. Just because I disagree with it, don't understand it or have a better idea doesn't mean I should sabotage my country. That's a very destructive mentality to have. Great empires always collapse from within. It doesn't bother me too much when we have dissenting opinions. It does break my heart when people refuse to do the patriotic thing just because it's inconvenient or too costly. Be an American. Obey the law. The more no's that I see in this poll, the sadder I get.

    Did I mention that I believe all insurance salesman should be tortured 18 hours a day for 20 years and then be released on the condition that they stop being disgusting scam artist? I hate health insurance with a burning passion in my belly but I bought a policy to comply with the law.

    Make sense? I don't have to get my way all the time. There is such thing as being a grown up.
    Following The Law just for the sake of it being the law is a good way to get ones rights taken away. It can also be just as patriotic to scoff at the law. Indeed it if wasn't for people scoffing at the law prohibition would still be around, segregation would still be around, and the underground railroad would never have happened.....just to name a few instances where scoffing the law created huge change.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #17
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,122

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    A bit of a flawed poll..... I am getting health insurance because I need it for my family; not be because of the mandate.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    A bit of a flawed poll..... I am getting health insurance because I need it for my family; not be because of the mandate.
    Then your answer would be "no". How is that flawed?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #19
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Elaborate,
    I do not like the idea of insurance to begin with. Keep paying money to these people, so that if/when you should need it, they'll pay part of the costs. Why not be your own insurance agent and then you'll have more saved up.

    Healthcare should be free. People spend so much money to the government and they spend it on pointless stuff and also for foreign aid to countries that hate us. Why not spend it on things that ACTUALLY matter.

  10. #20
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Are you going to get health insurance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The question is pretty straight forward. If you're not getting insurance because of the mandate but because you actually want to for <insert reason other than obamacare here> then you would be a no.
    Just making sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

    I avoided insurance until I was 55 but of course, medical care, while never cheap, wasn't the ridiculous price of today. I'd probably feel the same now - I'd rather keep the money and take my chances. Medicare is very reasonable and I'm thrilled to have it available to me.

    Since I'm emotionally incapable of placing myself in a new young body with updated abilities, I depend in these discussions to have a sense of it. It's the big news of the year, I might as well try to grok what's going on.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •