View Poll Results: Which radical fringe organization is worse? Why?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Weather Underground

    41 75.93%
  • The Tea Party

    13 24.07%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 164

Thread: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Why?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    that is what I have been doing with you LOL
    I didn't think you'd have a reply to my argument. Tell us, is the Reagan Administration still here? Or has it been dissolved? Are the Beatles still around? What other organizations/groups do you know about that exist long after their members have disbanded? None. It was nice to destroy your argument.

    Here are the bare facts:

    1. The weather underground is no longer around. It hasn't been around for 40 years.
    2. The Tea Party is.

    The Tea Party today is far more dangerous the WU ever was politically speaking. It's a rebranded subsidiary of the GOP. It uses threats of violence to get its way. It votes for radical evangelicals and savages who selectively enforce the constitution. First amendment? Bad. Second amendment? Good. It's full of pork loving congressmen. It's also a group where there are high rates of people with weak bladders. That's extremely radical.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-23-13 at 03:28 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #82
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    The voting makes the point, socialist progressive favor domestic terrorism



    That's your opinion which I and a lot of other Americans don't agree with.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I didn't think you'd have a reply to my argument. Tell us, is the Reagan Administration still here? Or has it been dissolved? Are the Beatles still around? What other organizations/groups do you know about that exist long after their members have disbanded? None. It was nice to destroy your argument.
    You didn't, all you did was give a false opinion of a group that was violent and part of the progressive network. Come back if you want to be spanked some more.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That's your opinion which I and a lot of other Americans don't agree with.
    that is what makes this country great

  5. #85
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You didn't, all you did was give a false opinion of a group that was violent and part of the progressive network. Come back if you want to be spanked some more.
    A false opinion? Lol, please tell tell me what is false about saying the WU is not around anymore? Show me it is. Tell us of its latest activities and bombings. Tell us its current policy. Who is its current leader? I bet you can't. Hey, here are the facts:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

    The Weathermen disintegrated after the United States reached a peace accord in Vietnam in 1973, after which the New Left declined.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Weatherman_actions

    1976-1981 the Weather Underground slowly disbands, many members turning themselves in after taking advantage of the Federal Government dropping most charges in 1973 (illegal wiretaps and intelligence sources & methods issues) and of President Jimmy Carter’s amnesty for draft dodgers.
    http://www.search.freedomarchives.or..._collection=13

    The organization disbanded in 1976. In addition to the book, the collection includes monographs from the WUO, communiques, and all issues of the periodical Osawatomie.
    http://rushlimbaughreport.blogspot.m...anization.html

    Jeremy Varon argues that by 1977 the WUO had disbanded. The federal government estimated that only 38 Weathermen had gone underground in 1970. An FBI estimate in 1976, or slightly later, of then current membership was of down to 30 or less.
    Hey, I guess you're lying. Go figure.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-23-13 at 03:33 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #86
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    anything left or right of center will always be considered radical.
    I am surprised you voted the for the group that has NEVER blown up any government buildings or killed anyone. How can you justify that thinking?



    Wrong.

    Politically, radical means having extreme views that are not shared by most people.

    Do you think that the Tea Party has extreme views?

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    A false opinion? Lol, please tell tell me what is false about saying the WU is not around anymore? Show me it is. Tell us of its latest activities and bombings. Tell us its current policy. Who is its current leader? I bet you can't. Hey, here are the facts:

    Weather Underground - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    List of Weatherman actions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    Freedom Archives Search Engine



    Rush Limbaugh Report: The Weather Underground - organization



    Hey, I guess you're lying. Go figure.
    You did not address the OP as most liberals would not since they support domestic terrorism. Nothing was stated about present day, you injected that into the argument when it was not part of the argument. Your vote alone shows you support orgnizations that target civilians. Merry Jihad to you.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Wrong.

    Politically, radical means having extreme views that are not shared by most people.

    Do you think that the Tea Party has extreme views?
    radical is anything left or right of center, I think some things the Tea Party says and does is ridiculous, just like things the WU did as well as OWS.

  9. #89
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    So much like slavery, it is old news?



    Correct.

    If you have any information about current activity by the Weather Under ground you should post a link to it.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Which is radical fringe is worse? The Weather Underground or the Tea Party? Wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You did not address the OP
    Of course I did. You stated that the Weather Underground was around. It isn't. As they aren't around, comparing them in terms of "who is" is flawed.

    as most liberals would not since they support domestic terrorism. Nothing was stated about present day, you injected that into the argument when it was not part of the argument. Your vote alone shows you support orgnizations that target civilians. Merry Jihad to you.
    Lol, your statement after being shown for making a flawed poll is to call me a Muslim? Oh yeah! You've really convincing everyone that the Tea Party isn't a radical xenophobic group now - What else? Lol, you're going to go on a rant about banning immigration like some of your fellow Tea Party members? Look, face it. The WU is harmless. It was even harmless in the 70s. It had no political power. It had no traction with the anti-war movement. It was a one time thing that ended up killing more WUO members than anything else.

    The Tea Party? They've gotten people elected to stand behind radical right wing ideas. What's even more radical about them is that they have morons like Brewer & Cruz bandwagonning to out right wing each other. It's a good thing they're now a relatively weak force even within the Republican Party.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •