View Poll Results: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I hope he runs! I will vote for him!

    19 27.94%
  • I don't think he is a bad choice, but it depends who is running. If nobody good, I'll consider it.

    8 11.76%
  • I'm unsure, or I don't really have an opinion on him or him running for President.

    0 0%
  • I don't think I'm very likely to vote for him, but the option is open.

    3 4.41%
  • I will definitely not vote for him.

    27 39.71%
  • I don't even think he will run. He's suggested this idea a few times before.

    6 8.82%
  • Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

    5 7.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

  1. #11
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    "I dont care about 49% of the country"

    .
    Actually, Mitt referred to "..47% of the country...."
    Ironically, Mitt got 47% of the vote.
    Last edited by radioman; 12-18-13 at 09:23 PM. Reason: clarity
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Actually, Mitt said "..47% of the country...."
    Ironically, Mitt got 47% of the vote.
    Doesnt change the fact that is a pritty irresponsible thing to say.

    It sounds more like something Berlusconi would have said.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    I firmly believe the Republic will somehow manage just fine without Jesse setting his lunch bag down in the Oval Office.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    And why is that? What if there's a chance they're right?

    Also - I do not know the answers - so I won't pretend that I do know - I'm just curious as to your thoughts.
    There isn't a chance that they're right. Bush didn't send in people to paint the place with explosive paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    "I dont care about 49% of the country"

    Indeed a very responible way of dealing with the responsibilities that come with being presidential.
    Romney never said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Romney never said that.
    When did facts become relevant in politics?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Romney never said that.
    Yeah, he said 47%.and not 49%.

    One may think that is not a big difference. but agreed, by a population of 300 000 000 it does make a difference of 2% which is 6 000 000. Which is the population of a small European country or American state.

  8. #18
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Yeah, he said 47%.and not 49%.

    One may think that is not a big difference. but agreed, by a population of 300 000 000 it does make a difference of 2% which is 6 000 000. Which is the population of a small European country or American state.
    Post the quote you're referencing and place it in context with any point you're attempting to make...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #19
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,956
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that is a pritty irresponsible thing to say.

    It sounds more like something Berlusconi would have said.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Jesse Ventura for President 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    I wouldnt mind shagging my way through the most beautifull women of Italy. (they probably would)

    But sex with a minor.......
    Abusing your power to shape laws to benefit you and your buisness interstes....
    Party conections to the most brutal organised crime syndicate on the continent (the Ndrangetah)

    that goes several steps to far.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •