View Poll Results: Is this Sexual harrassment?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 44.83%
  • No

    16 55.17%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 86 of 86

Thread: Is this Sexual harrassment?

  1. #81
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    students who believe it is OK to approach a female teacher from behind and embrace her - against her previously expressed wishes

    students who insist on expressing their fondness for an authority figure physically, despite having been told not to do so

    there is legitimate reason to fear those students, because if they are willing to defy the expressed rules with such an authority figure, what is going to prevent them from similarly being fresh with female peers who do not want that embrace or young girls who should not be subjected to such harassment. this fellow does not accept that when a female says "NO" that it is not acceptable to be forward. he, and others like him, need to learn that lesson; otherwise he remains a menace to female society
    dude is date rape, rape or sexual assault waiting to happen.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,853

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    I know that as a male teacher I have a zero contact policy. One time this 14 year old girl was excited in class and gave me a hug. My hands shot straight up like I was under the scope of cops just wanting me to pull a gun and I said "I am not hugging back" so other students could hear and they laughed. The girl felt bad at first and asked if I did that to protect myself and I said yes. It was not sexual harassment to me from her and she is a really sweet kid. Great student. We talked about it so that she would feel good about it but it is tough for teachers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #83
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I know that as a male teacher I have a zero contact policy. One time this 14 year old girl was excited in class and gave me a hug. My hands shot straight up like I was under the scope of cops just wanting me to pull a gun and I said "I am not hugging back" so other students could hear and they laughed. The girl felt bad at first and asked if I did that to protect myself and I said yes. It was not sexual harassment to me from her and she is a really sweet kid. Great student. We talked about it so that she would feel good about it but it is tough for teachers...
    the sad part is that many of these kids today are starved for positive attention from a "father figure". Even sadder is that you cannot provide it without being viewed as or accused of being a pervert. Lots of these kids don't have fathers or the father is an absentee or just a piece of crap and they really need that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    the sad part is that many of these kids today are starved for positive attention from a "father figure". Even sadder is that you cannot provide it without being viewed as or accused of being a pervert. Lots of these kids don't have fathers or the father is an absentee or just a piece of crap and they really need that.
    That is what we have allowed progressive policies take us to:

    "Don't paddle my kid"

    "don't discipline my kid"

    no touching even among youngsters

    no dodge ball in PE because the weaker under developed kids have no chance

    Never hold the parents accountable for their childs behavior


    When I was in high school I came to school with a deer rifle in my truck during deer season and a shotgun during dove season. It never left the vehicle and there always ammo in there as well. At any given time there were probaly 20-30 guns in the parking lot but no one was shot or hurt.

    Society has taken a dark turn where it is all about money, liability, and fear. It is not getting better, only getting worse.

  5. #85
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I once had a student (one of my football players) embrace me from behind. without even thinking about it, I had flipped him over my shoulder and had him on the floor with my knee in his throat. scared the living **** out of the kid and I immediately apologized and helped him up. worked out good for me in the long run. word got around, better not mess with Coach B or he will **** you up.
    I'm not touching you I'm not touching you


  6. #86
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,853

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    the sad part is that many of these kids today are starved for positive attention from a "father figure". Even sadder is that you cannot provide it without being viewed as or accused of being a pervert. Lots of these kids don't have fathers or the father is an absentee or just a piece of crap and they really need that.
    And kids toss around the term "pedo" (pedophile) pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •