View Poll Results: Is this Sexual harrassment?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 44.83%
  • No

    16 55.17%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Is this Sexual harrassment?

  1. #61
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And hugging from behind, such as in this particular case, and nuzzling the neck, as is alleged, wouldn't be?
    I saw the tape. I don't think it was clear



  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I saw the tape. I don't think it was clear
    I would think that would some type of harassment, if someone is hugging you at your workplace against your will? Whether that be a student or whomever. That's just my opinion of course. I'm not a lawyer. That's why I'm asking.

  3. #63
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I would think that would some type of harassment, if someone is hugging you at your workplace against your will? Whether that be a student or whomever. That's just my opinion of course. I'm not a lawyer. That's why I'm asking.
    there are many unanswered questions that have to be resolved

    was this something that happened before

    had the teacher made it clear this attention was unwanted

    for example, if you and I are coworkers and I ask you out for a date and you say NO because you are busy a second request later on will normally not be seen as harassment

    if I ask you out and you make it clear that you aren't interested then subsequent requests could be seen as creating a hostile work environment



  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there are many unanswered questions that have to be resolved

    was this something that happened before

    had the teacher made it clear this attention was unwanted

    for example, if you and I are coworkers and I ask you out for a date and you say NO because you are busy a second request later on will normally not be seen as harassment

    if I ask you out and you make it clear that you aren't interested then subsequent requests could be seen as creating a hostile work environment
    God, you lawyers can never give a straight answer.

  5. #65
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    God, you lawyers can never give a straight answer.
    I should have said the following

    I am without knowledge sufficient to address the factual assertions in your question and therefore deny the same!



  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I should have said the following

    I am without knowledge sufficient to address the factual assertions in your question and therefore deny the same!
    Okay, that's better. Thanks a lot.

  7. #67
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    If she warned him about it before, then I don't see how someone inappropriately touching them from behind - after being warned about it in the past - is going to brighten their day.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    teacher said she had admonished the student about his hugging behavior before
    kid did the crime. now to pay the fine
    mom can always send him to school in another district so that he can graduate on time
    When hugging becomes a crime
    and when we have zero tolerance
    I am from a much happier time
    The 50s, we had problems, real problems..
    But not this sick extremism....hatred and fear...of what ??

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    It doesn't matter what we consider sexual harassment. It's what the school district considers sexual harassment, and obviously, and grown student, coming up behind a teacher and hugging her, even after she's warned him about it before, constitutes sexual harassment.
    This is proof that few, very few of us make good judges..
    Of course, he should not do this - as stated....maybe a slapped face is in order..
    We must STOP living in fear !
    What I see here is minor harrassment....
    Last edited by earthworm; 12-19-13 at 01:09 AM.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is this Sexual harrassment?

    The kid should have been charged with assault.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •