View Poll Results: REPUBLICANS ONLY PLEASE- YOUR TOP CHOICE FOR 2016 REPUBLICAN NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ted Cruz

    51 30.36%
  • Rand Paul

    50 29.76%
  • Marco Rubio

    2 1.19%
  • Mike Huckabee

    2 1.19%
  • Chris Christie

    18 10.71%
  • Rick Perry

    2 1.19%
  • Rick Santorum

    12 7.14%
  • Jon Huntsman

    12 7.14%
  • Paul Ryan

    4 2.38%
  • Other (Please specify)

    15 8.93%
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 419

Thread: 2016 Republican Primary

  1. #31
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    GO TED CRUZ GO!

    Remember, Republicans, Ted Cruz did a 21 hour (sort of) filibuster against Obamacare. Although technically not a filibuster, he stood on the Senate floor for 21 hours and spoke non stop and didn't even seem to get tired at all. He did that for our freedom.
    That's kinda like masturbating for our freedom or taking a dump for our freedom. Both of those are things Cruz has also done for 21 hours.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #32
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    That's kinda like masturbating for our freedom or taking a dump for our freedom. Both of those are things Cruz has also done for 21 hours.
    LOL! That's a pretty funny analogy, even though I disagree with your message.

    I feel like Ted Cruz is one of the few Senators who is doing what is right. Because McCain, Graham, Feinstein.... no... just, no.

  3. #33
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I will go with the prediction of the late great David Broder. (yeah he was a lib but his son was a suite mate of mine in College-great guy)

    ROBERT PORTMAN-R-Ohio
    Listening to Portman is liking watching paint dry, unless he clumsily tries to tack right..I'm surprised you guys aren't looking at Gov. Pence .
    Physics is Phun

  4. #34
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Listening to Portman is liking watching paint dry, unless he clumsily tries to tack right..I'm surprised you guys aren't looking at Gov. Pence .
    Portman is one of the 2-3 smartest people in the senate and one of the top budget experts. He also is well liked on both sides of the aisle and a solid conservative who is not a bomb thrower



  5. #35
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Portman is one of the 2-3 smartest people in the senate and one of the top budget experts. He also is well liked on both sides of the aisle and a solid conservative who is not a bomb thrower
    Not solid enough for me.

    Robert J. Portman | Congressional Scorecard - FreedomWorks
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post

    I go for electability first. Purists I call Dem voters.

    Like all the assholes who stayed home because they didn't Like Romney's faith or they didn't think he was conservative enough so they gave us four more years of Obamatardation. And the bible thumping bigots will probably get their panties in a wad over Rob's son Will being Gay.



  7. #37
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Rand Paul did accept Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Would you prefer Paul and his family have no insurance?
    Both Paul but especially McConnell face huge dilemmas in KY where a state and federal exchange are working quite well due to KY's Dem. governor..
    Imagine what might be happening with ACA if the 25 GOP states weren't obstructing ?
    Tothian, NIMY is right. I'm but Rand following the law does not mean he supports ObamaCare. I follow him closely (and many of his advisors) and I know his strong opposition to it. I would suggest you have a very lame argument.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #38
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I go for electability first. Purists I call Dem voters.

    Like all the assholes who stayed home because they didn't Like Romney's faith or they didn't think he was conservative enough so they gave us four more years of Obamatardation. And the bible thumping bigots will probably get their panties in a wad over Rob's son Will being Gay.
    Electability won't matter if the candidate doesn't have what it takes to reverse our path in a short amount of time. Following the Constitution is a big pre-requisite with me as well. Besides, the so-called electable candidates have a record of losing. Even if it is because the conservatives and libertarians stay home, that puts a dent in their "electability".

    If you want to make any Republican look more electable, help nominate Elizabeth Warren as the Democratic candidate.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  9. #39
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Read his biography - he's actually a lot more interesting than he looks.

    Governor Pence would more likely have a better chance if he was re-elected Governor in 2016 and then ran for President or Vice President in 2020 or 2024.

  10. #40
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 2016 Republican Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Electability won't matter if the candidate doesn't have what it takes to reverse our path in a short amount of time. Following the Constitution is a big pre-requisite with me as well. Besides, the so-called electable candidates have a record of losing. Even if it is because the conservatives and libertarians stay home, that puts a dent in their "electability".

    If you want to make any Republican look more electable, help nominate Elizabeth Warren as the Democratic candidate.


    the most important thing a president does is appoint judges. If al gore or poodle boy Kerry was president in 2005, we would have lost the Heller and McDonald Decision because we would have had another radical lesbian or two on the court rather than Alito and Roberts. and no matter which GOP candidate is president, you will get almost the same judges because the same people will be vetting the judges be it Portman, Cruz, Rubio or Christie. same with the Dems.



Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •