View Poll Results: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 37.78%
  • No

    21 46.67%
  • Other

    7 15.56%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140

Thread: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

  1. #71
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's no longer in vogue to respect our servicemen.
    well...at least they aren't back to openly calling us baby killers yet.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #72
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    ...does that mean they would be legitimately justified in staging a coup and overthrowing the government?
    Might be a good question to ask of the justices of the Supreme Court. From experience they seem to think the answer is "yes".

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well...at least they aren't back to openly calling us baby killers yet.....
    I'm sure it's only a matter of time...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado, U.S.A
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    464

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    ...does that mean they would be legitimately justified in staging a coup and overthrowing the government?
    theoretically but the government pays them so they probably wont do it.
    War is not a tool to satisfy your emotional outbursts.

  5. #75
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado, U.S.A
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    464

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's no longer in vogue to respect our servicemen.
    maybe that is the main problem with the military today. The people and the govt don't respect the sacrifice those men and women make when they go over there. Sure many do it because they need work or need money, but in the long run the reason doesn't matter. They live 24/7 for years protecting us against any who would do us harm. And not just us either. There is a reason other then international military dominance that we sent them to the places we are protecting. Now granted lot of those reasons are political but many people need that protection. How long would japan or the Philippines last with china claiming the whole darn ocean if we just pulled out. Or how long would Israel last if we cut our treaty's with them.
    The point is that those men and women are an important part of the world now and we often treat them like crap. For getting shot at for us we pay them minimum wage. hell we called the Vietnam vets baby killers, because the govt said move and they had to move.
    War is not a tool to satisfy your emotional outbursts.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, but soldiers would be true to their oath if they refused to execute an operation that violated the people's constitutional rights.
    and who in the hell makes that determination? Each individual soldier? Welcome to anarchy.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #77
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's no longer in vogue to respect our servicemen.
    Huh? This isn't 1971.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #78
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well...at least they aren't back to openly calling us baby killers yet.....
    Yet.......

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    and who in the hell makes that determination? Each individual soldier? Welcome to anarchy.
    Soldiers have the right to decide what is a lawful order and what isn't. Welcome to the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: If the military swears an oath to uphold the Constitution...

    Quote Originally Posted by JJB3333 View Post
    maybe that is the main problem with the military today. The people and the govt don't respect the sacrifice those men and women make when they go over there. Sure many do it because they need work or need money, but in the long run the reason doesn't matter. They live 24/7 for years protecting us against any who would do us harm. And not just us either. There is a reason other then international military dominance that we sent them to the places we are protecting. Now granted lot of those reasons are political but many people need that protection. How long would japan or the Philippines last with china claiming the whole darn ocean if we just pulled out. Or how long would Israel last if we cut our treaty's with them.
    The point is that those men and women are an important part of the world now and we often treat them like crap. For getting shot at for us we pay them minimum wage. hell we called the Vietnam vets baby killers, because the govt said move and they had to move.
    The Libbos believed the lies about our troops. That's why they called them baby-killers.

    That's why when a Libbo posts historical information--short of water being wet and the sky is blue--you better check it, because there's a damn good chance the left out some very important parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •