View Poll Results: Is Political Correctness a form of suppressing Free Speech?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 71.62%
  • No

    20 27.03%
  • I don't know

    1 1.35%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132

Thread: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

  1. #61
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Fight political correctness, use the words on the left in public as much as possible to show that you can't be controlled by leftists.

    midget, dwarf = anyone who is short
    fat, pig = anyone fatter than the person speaking
    pervert, queer, faggot, dyke = anyone who likes forms of sex besides hetero missionary position intercourse
    Nigger, spade, spook, boy = African American
    Injun, savage = Native American
    Spic-Anyone from Central America, South America, or the hispanic Caribbean
    hebe, jew-[noun]dishonest, christ killing, money grabber non-Christian
    jew-[verb]-to cheat someone
    lucky ducky, welfare queen, lazy niggers, bums = poor or unemployed people
    wop-Italian person
    pollock-Polish person
    mick-Irish person
    chink=Chinese person
    gook-Vietnamese or other southeast asian person
    wog, paki-Indian, Pakistani or other south asian person
    haji, sand nigger-any middle eastern, north african, Afghani or Pakistani person
    frog-French person
    bitch-girl or woman, esp an assertive or non-compliant woman
    slut, whore-woman who admits to enjoying sex or dresses to look sexually attractive
    Crimalien-anyone who immigrated without being able to afford to do it legally
    Don't forget:

    trailer trash, white trash, hillbilly, redneck- any white person that lives in the South or votes Republican.

    (Hey, if we're not going to be PC, it goes both ways.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #62
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Calling a person white trash is very discourteous and impolite, but it doesn't slow some people down one bit.
    For some reason that bothers you more than the n-word....

    Because really, the point of the thread is, "I should be able to use any word to refer to any person."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    We're a nation of (insert all of the non pc terms used in the two posts above), and proud of it!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Fight political correctness, use the words on the left in public as much as possible to show that you can't be controlled by leftists.

    midget, dwarf = anyone who is short
    fat, pig = anyone fatter than the person speaking
    pervert, queer, faggot, dyke = anyone who likes forms of sex besides hetero missionary position intercourse
    Nigger, spade, spook, boy = African American
    Injun, savage = Native American
    Spic-Anyone from Central America, South America, or the hispanic Caribbean
    hebe, jew-[noun]dishonest, christ killing, money grabber non-Christian
    jew-[verb]-to cheat someone
    lucky ducky, welfare queen, lazy niggers, bums = poor or unemployed people
    wop-Italian person
    pollock-Polish person
    mick-Irish person
    chink=Chinese person
    gook-Vietnamese or other southeast asian person
    wog, paki-Indian, Pakistani or other south asian person
    haji, sand nigger-any middle eastern, north african, Afghani or Pakistani person
    frog-French person
    bitch-girl or woman, esp an assertive or non-compliant woman
    slut, whore-woman who admits to enjoying sex or dresses to look sexually attractive
    Crimalien-anyone who immigrated without being able to afford to do it legally
    Gook is a Marine Corps phrase in use before the Mexican American War. Any thing (person, place or thing) that is strange or anyone who's not an American could be referred to as being a gook.

    U.S. Army soldiers during the Philippine Insurrection picked up on the word from U.S. Marines. During WW ll American soldiers in southern Europe referred to the white Europeans as gooks.

    A white beard scratching PC liberal during the early 70's would decide that the word wasn't politically correct.

  5. #65
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    I think it's high time the GOP stop nominating Liberals and let their next candidate use every non-PC term in the book.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think it's high time the GOP stop nominating Liberals and let their next candidate use every non-PC term in the book.
    That'll get them elected!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Shouting someone down when one is in a position of authority, while it may not be officially "repressing freedom of speech," informally I was not in a position to give any further opposing argument. So technically you are right, but the debate from that point on was squelched.
    if he's shouting down students, it sounds like he's probably just an asshole. i'm still ok with somebody being afraid to tell me racist jokes in public, though. people who do that are even bigger assholes than your teacher.

  8. #68
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That'll get them elected!
    ...in the GOP primary.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #69
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Fight political correctness, use the words on the left in public as much as possible to show that you can't be controlled by leftists.

    midget, dwarf = anyone who is short
    fat, pig = anyone fatter than the person speaking
    pervert, queer, faggot, dyke = anyone who likes forms of sex besides hetero missionary position intercourse
    Nigger, spade, spook, boy = African American
    Injun, savage = Native American
    Spic-Anyone from Central America, South America, or the hispanic Caribbean
    hebe, jew-[noun]dishonest, christ killing, money grabber non-Christian
    jew-[verb]-to cheat someone
    lucky ducky, welfare queen, lazy niggers, bums = poor or unemployed people
    wop-Italian person
    pollock-Polish person
    mick-Irish person
    chink=Chinese person
    gook-Vietnamese or other southeast asian person
    wog, paki-Indian, Pakistani or other south asian person
    haji, sand nigger-any middle eastern, north african, Afghani or Pakistani person
    frog-French person
    bitch-girl or woman, esp an assertive or non-compliant woman
    slut, whore-woman who admits to enjoying sex or dresses to look sexually attractive

    Crimalien-anyone who immigrated without being able to afford to do it legally

    Slut = a person that will have sex with anyone
    Bitch = a person that will have sex with anyone except you
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #70
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is Political Correctnes a form of supressing Free Speach?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Don't forget:

    trailer trash, white trash, hillbilly, redneck- any white person that lives in the South or votes Republican.

    (Hey, if we're not going to be PC, it goes both ways.)
    With the possible exception of "trailer trash"... because minorities live in trailers, too... those are still ok and used with impunity.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •