View Poll Results: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 61.54%
  • No

    9 23.08%
  • I love Mashed Potatoes!

    12 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 166

Thread: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the USSC only recognizes rights, congress does not create rights......there are those listed in BOR, however those are not rights, the bill of rights are restrictions on the federal government that it shall created any law which infringes on rights....one being property.



    The Preamble to The Bill of Rights

    Congress of the United States
    begun and held at the City of New-York, on
    Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

    THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

    you have NO right to have PROPERTY, only to pursue it.

    america is not a collective society, we do not have collect rights, they are individual rights.

    equity means ......equity under the laws government has created, meaning all law must apply to everyone equally,.

    citizens and businesses, do NOT MAKE LAWS, why are you applying constitutional law to a citizen or business
    And the govt has seen it necessary to step in an protect the individual rights of some group so they would be treated equally.

    To protect the minority from the majority (Reader's Digest version)....which supersedes state's rights.

    again, I see the benefits accrued from the civil rights movement and anti-discrimination laws. So IMO, they are acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #72
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the DOI... the bill of rights, all state you have right to life liberty and property..in fact its mentioned twice in the constitution...property is the corner stone of ALL RIGHTS........without property...... you have no rights at all.
    Your messages are becoming so bizarre and detached from any actual political issue I see no point to your rant, other than just that - to rant. Clearly, you totally distain the Declaration of Independence about equality.

  3. #73
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And the govt has seen it necessary to step in an protect the individual rights of some group so they would be treated equally.

    To protect the minority from the majority (Reader's Digest version)....which supersedes state's rights.

    again, I see the benefits accrued from the civil rights movement and anti-discrimination laws. So IMO, they are acceptable.
    You will always find angry white men on forums furiously raging the Confederacy was right and they want it back. It comes down to that. They cannot accept their side lost the war.

  4. #74
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf

    24-34-601(1), C.R.S........state code. or statutory law.

    not criminal law.

    Summary
    The undisputed facts show that Respondents discriminated against Complainants because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage, in violation of 24-34-601(2), C.R.S



    13th--Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Statutory law or statute law is written law (as opposed to oral or customary law) set down by a legislature (as opposed to regulatory law promulgated by the executive or common law of the judiciary) or by a legislator (in the case of an absolute monarchy).[1] Statutes may originate with national, state legislatures or local municipalities. Statutory laws are subordinate to the higher constitutional laws of the land.

  5. #75
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Your messages are becoming so bizarre and detached from any actual political issue I see no point to your rant, other than just that - to rant. Clearly, you totally distain the Declaration of Independence about equality.
    LIFE LIBERTY AND PROPERTY ARE UNALIENABLE RIGHTS.........how can the government make laws which infringe on them, if no crime has been committed, or their is no health or safety issue?

    you need to understand what equity is.

    it is equality under the law.....NOT EQUALITY BY LAW.

  6. #76
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    NO..i am asking you a question here, and your not answering it........name for me an exercisable right you have on another persons property.
    You have and can exercise the right of equal treatment and the right to not be discriminated against when renting a property that belongs to another, for one thing; or when requesting a public service, such as service in a restaurant... or a bakery... for another.

    "Whites Only" establishments have long been ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS for decades, and since SCOTUS has extended those rights to homosexuals, they too can exercise the right of equal treatment and the right to not be discriminated against when renting a property that belongs to another, or when requesting a public service, such as service in a restaurant... or a bakery.

    Clear enough for you?

  7. #77
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    you will always find angry white men on forums furiously raging the confederacy was right and they want it back. It comes down to that. They cannot accept their side lost the war.
    this is an emotional response, and ridiculous....showing me you have no argument.

  8. #78
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by dianna View Post
    you have and can exercise the right of equal treatment and the right to not be discriminated against when renting a property that belongs to another, for one thing; or when requesting a public service, such as service in a restaurant... Or a bakery... For another.

    "whites only" establishments have long been ruled unconstitutional by scotus for decades, and since scotus has extended those rights to homosexuals, they too can exercise the right of equal treatment and the right to not be discriminated against when renting a property that belongs to another, or when requesting a public service, such as service in a restaurant... Or a bakery.

    Clear enough for you?

    read constitutional law, discrimination laws are for only for governments...not the people.

    You have no exercisable rights on another person's property.

  9. #79
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    read constitutional law, discrimination is only for governments...not the people.

    You have no exercisable rights on another person's property.
    SCOTUS disagrees. You cannot discriminate when renting or selling your own property. You cannot discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc., when offering a public service from your own property, such as a restaurant or a bakery. Therefore, you are wrong.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You will always find angry white men on forums furiously raging the Confederacy was right and they want it back. It comes down to that. They cannot accept their side lost the war.
    Well I dont claim to be an expert on the Constitution and I try to evaluate anything new/different interpretations when I see them. Alot of times I see things I'd 'like' to be true, but arent. Or that I havent seen applied to the current topic.

    And things have to be kept in context. I did see his point about the distinction in how that law about yelling fire in a public place is applied, altho I havent looked into it further to verify.

    But yeah, he seemed pretty angry. He never even acknowledged the position I claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •