View Poll Results: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 61.54%
  • No

    9 23.08%
  • I love Mashed Potatoes!

    12 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 166

Thread: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

  1. #61
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    anyone find any more facts to add or more quotes from the ruling, i tried again for a little while but still cant find the complete ruling.

    Id really like to read more about the illegal discrimination part and all the references and factual support it has.

    PA has a site where most rulings are posted eventually but i couldnt find one that interactive for Colorado.


    Here is the Judges ruling -->> https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf


    >>>>

  2. #62
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Those are mostly your interpretations and you are welcome to them. Also, you made a point I hadnt really realized before but supports my case.

    however you are ignoring the HARM to individuals and society that discrimination does and that is what the laws are based on. This is the priority that the govt is placing on PEOPLE'S EQUAL rights over PROPERTY rights.

    So then you disagree with the fight for civil rights that blacks and women fought that the govt supported with laws that advanced their acceptance and equality in our society?

    You can. I dont. I believe that American that DESERVE equal rights shouldnt have to wait until all individuals in a society are willing to recognize it. The feds responsibility OVER the states is to protect the minorty from the majority.

    you have your individual rights.

    however your individual rights do not include forcing other people to serve you, wait on you , using their time or labor...it is unconstitutional.

    the civil rights act for government is constitutional...however for citizens it is unconstitutional.

    the constitution itself states specifically, that the federal government has only authority over 4 classes of people..pirates counterfeiter traitors and tax cheats.....it has NO authority over any other person.

    again.... government cannot create laws which violate life, liberty and property....these are the founding principles.

  3. #63
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    whether these actions you speak are right or wrong, it does not matter.....of coarse i think they are wrong, however my feelings do not play a part in law.

    every person has his rights to life liberty and property, and government has no moral authority to force people to do things against their will.

    it violates the founding principles, the u.s. constitution, and state constitutions.

    when we create laws, based on our feelings we are doomed, becuase who decides who feelings are going to be used.

    everyone's feelings are not the same.

    government is made up of people, .are those elected.. morality superior to the population, becuase they hold a term of office.
    Every time you stop at a stop sign, the government has "forced you to do something." That argument is nothing unless you advocate total lawlessness.

  4. #64
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Every time you stop at a stop sign, the government has "forced you to do something." That argument is nothing unless you advocate total lawlessness.
    driving is not a right, its privilege...

    there are rights and privileges in our constitution, and your state constitution.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the DOI... the bill of rights, all state you have right to life liberty and property..in fact its mentioned twice in the constitution...property is the corner stone of ALL RIGHTS........without property...... you have no rights at all.


    ??? That has been changed and updated many times...to make things more equal for Americans.

    That's why you no longer have to have property to vote, for instance.

    ALL Americans are deserving of equality whether they own property....any property...a car, an iPod, a farm, a condo....or not. When you rely on property as a basis, then you end up using the property as a benchmark, a ruler, a way to dole out things that should be the SAME for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #66
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    1.)Sexual orientation is inherently discriminatory, except for bisexuals. Law cannot change that no matter how it is written.

    2.) I see a problem with having "obscenity" criminal laws as a necessity to protect anti-discrimination laws. While a business cannot sell sex, it can sell settings for it. In my opinion should be able to too. I would not agree to outlawing group sex. Would you? What about then at vacation spots? Can there be a gay swingers hotel of gay swinger activities that they do not allow hetero, men etc to participate since they don't fit into the sexuality?

    3.) For example, is a prostitute - whether it legal or not - also committing a violation of anti-discrimination laws upon orientation by refusing to have gay sex or refusing to have heterosexual sex? It is "business" and such refusal would be "discriminatory" upon sexual orientation.

    4.) What about a personal's website that allowed people to select the race of the person they were looking to met?
    Nearly all allow a person to select the sexual orientation of the gender they are looking for. Is that a business that is engaging in illegal discrimination - have segregation of people by orientation?

    5.) I just don't think when it comes to sexuality itself it can be as neatly regulated as you think without it in some regards becoming a new oppression, in the sense of "no, you can't have a setting for lesbian orgies because that discriminates against men and heterosexuals." Thus, it becomes sexual morality policing against gays claiming it is to protect them.

    6.) The Supreme Court has recognized the unique natures of sexuality, specifically in the Hooter's lawsuit, in which the court ruled that men don't have "hooters" so Hooters can refuse to hire men as servers due to the nature of sexuality and orientation. If so, then why can't a business cater to the sexuality of gays too? And that is what that hotel I referred to does, but in a different sense. The business is about gay sexuality.

    7.)I think the hotel met the legally or ethical "rule" by renting us a room, although that isn't why she did. She did so because of my wife. And I don't think the proviso of "but he (me) can't go in the lesbian sexuality and romance area." Do you really disagree with that?

    8.)Legal absolutism "for the principle of it," can go too far.

    9.) Finally, just like there was (still is somewhat) affirmative action for African-Americans to allow "catching up," should there be a fashion of affirmative action for gays? There are virtually NO settings where heterosexuals are harassed or belittled by gays for being hetero. There are 100,000 places where gays are harassed and belittled by heteros because they are gay. In some settings and regions, if gays can't have their own place, they may have no place at all.

    10.)How many bars have "ladies night?" Do you think men then have the basis for a class action suit?
    1.) i have no clue what you are referring to, im talking about legal stuff
    2.) laws are laws reasoning doesnt matter
    3.) no law broken
    4.) no law broken
    5.) well since its no different than heterosexuality in that regard i dont see why not, homosexuality doesn't create something new, we already deal with it
    6.) good lord those examples arent even close but again it all depends on the law. You have to read rulings like htat and understand them there are loops holes and if you can find one for your hotel youll be in luck but i dont see one nor am i aware of any that would fit, search it maybe there's on out there and your in luck. You could corner the market!
    7.) dont know the laws in flordia but you have to remember her reasoning is what important. if it was about you being hetero then thats an issue if it was about not having you mad as hell beating on her desk when one of your kids say an naked adult that is very different. again i dont know what the motivation was im just saying

    for instance this guy could simply not do ANY wedding cakes and that would be fine under the law. Now of course he would actually have to do that

    8.) i agree but anti-discrimination laws certainly arent that way by any definition what so ever
    9.) well see like many you have the wrong definition for AA.

    government AA/EO doesnt not allow special treatment all though many falsely believe it does. AA/EO protects us all.
    Now have some bisuness, colleges etc. given minorities boasts etc and claimed it was their AA program? yes absolutely but it factually had nothing to do with reall AA/EO and some of those places also got caught doing the ILLEGAL things they were doing and had to pay the price.

    Orientation is already protected in many areas under laws "related too" AA/EO and theres a bill to include it nationally that will eventually pass.

    10.) no they do not because thats not illegal

    anyway anythign directly on topic you'd like to discuss
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #67
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) i dont understand at all? theres no bending of the rules
    2.) yes the same as straights if they, the couples have laws they cant cross and the on lookers have laws they can cross.

    in most cases it would be obscenity laws for the couple and harassment/assult for the on lookers

    3.) society is educating itself and standing up against bigots and or people in favor of denying rights

    4.) interesting

    5.) no if it breaks the law, its really that simply and soon these will be national laws

    6.) yes it can as long as its based on the nudity issue and not gender discrimination. again its all what the law allows

    7.) not sure how you come to this conclusion why is it any different than a straight romantic opportunity and socializing, i dont understand what you are saying

    8.) yes it would but again i have no clue how you arrive at the conclusion they cant co exist

    9.) again depending on the law state doesnt need gay marriage to have anti-discrimination laws, colorado doesnt

    10.) not true i dont know about flordia but yes may places and companies and states etc have martial status as a anti-discrimination group

    11.) this is true of everything but the proper thing to do is always protect rights and equality. The rest you deal with later
    Sexual orientation is inherently discriminatory, except for bisexuals. Law cannot change that no matter how it is written.

    I see a problem with having "obscenity" criminal laws as a necessity to protect anti-discrimination laws. While a business cannot sell sex, it can sell settings for it. In my opinion should be able to too. I would not agree to outlawing group sex. Would you? What about then at vacation spots? Can there be a female gay swingers hotel of female gay swinger activities that they do not allow hetero, men etc to participate since they don't fit into the sexuality?

    For example, is a prostitute - whether it legal or not - also committing a violation of anti-discrimination laws upon orientation by refusing to have gay sex or refusing to have heterosexual sex? It is "business" and such refusal would be "discriminatory" upon sexual orientation.

    What about a personal's website that allowed people to select the race of the person they were looking to met?
    Nearly all allow a person to select the sexual orientation of the gender they are looking for. Is that a business that is engaging in illegal discrimination - have segregation of people by orientation?

    I just don't think when it comes to sexuality itself it can be as neatly regulated as you think without it in some regards becoming a new oppression, in the sense of "no, you can't have a setting for lesbian orgies because that discriminates against men and heterosexuals." Thus, it becomes sexual morality policing against gays claiming it is to protect them.

    Can Hooters hire more women servers than men because only women have "hooter?" Can a strip club not have equal amount of time on the stage for men and women? Could a strip club refuse to allow gay strip-act routines? Does it have to have an equal number of hetero male stripper acts, hetero female-stripper acts, gay male stripper acts, gay female stripper acts, bisexual stripper acts and transsexual stripper acts? Or to not discriminate, not have any such acts at all, nor have any music or songs that taylor to an orientation? Do radio stations have to play romance songs in equal number that are about straight romance and gay romance?

    Why can't a business cater to the sexuality of gays too? And that is what that hotel I referred to does, but in a different sense. The business is about female gay sexuality. So how does a man fit into that business without disrupting it on a sexuality level?

    I think the hotel met the legally or ethical "rule" by renting us a room, although that isn't why she did. She did so because of my wife. And I don't think the proviso of "but he (me) can't go in the lesbian sexuality and romance area." Do you really disagree with that?

    Legal absolutism "for the principle of it," can go too far.

    Finally, just like there was (still is somewhat) affirmative action for African-Americans to allow "catching up," should there be a fashion of affirmative action for gays? There are virtually NO settings where heterosexuals are harassed or belittled by gays for being hetero. There are 100,000 places where gays are harassed and belittled by heteros because they are gay. In some settings and regions, if gays can't have their own place, they may have no place at all.

    How many bars have "ladies night?" Do you think men then have the basis for a class action suit?
    The

    I think the hotel met the legally or ethical "rule" by renting us a room, although that isn't why she did. She did so because of my wife. And I don't think the proviso of "but he (me) can't go in the lesbian sexuality and romance area." Do you really disagree with that?

    Legal absolutism "for the principle of it," can go too far.

    Finally, just like there was (still is somewhat) affirmative action for African-Americans to allow "catching up," should there be a fashion of affirmative action for gays? There are virtually NO settings where heterosexuals are harassed or belittled by gays for being hetero. There are 100,000 places where gays are harassed and belittled by heteros because they are gay. In some settings and regions, if gays can't have their own place, they may have no place at all.

    How many bars have "ladies night?" Do you think men then have the basis for a class action suit?

  8. #68
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Here is the Judges ruling -->> https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf


    >>>>
    awesome thank you!!!

    i was on the ACLU site to but kept going in circles

    thanks again!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #69
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ??? That has been changed and updated many times...to make things more equal for Americans.

    That's why you no longer have to have property to vote, for instance.

    ALL Americans are deserving of equality whether they own property....any property...a car, an iPod, a farm, a condo....or not. When you rely on property as a basis, then you end up using the property as a benchmark, a ruler, a way to dole out things that should be the SAME for all.
    the USSC only recognizes rights, congress does not create rights......there are those listed in BOR, however those are not rights, the bill of rights are restrictions on the federal government that it shall created any law which infringes on rights....one being property.



    The Preamble to The Bill of Rights

    Congress of the United States
    begun and held at the City of New-York, on
    Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

    THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

    you have NO right to have PROPERTY, only to pursue it.

    america is not a collective society, we do not have collect rights, they are individual rights.

    equity means ......equity under the laws government has created, meaning all law must apply to everyone equally,.

    citizens and businesses, do NOT MAKE LAWS, why are you applying constitutional law to a citizen or business

  10. #70
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    A curiousity is that some bisexuals see the expression LGTB as entirely wrong. It should be SLGT. Straight, lesbian, gay and transsexual. All those "discriminate entirely on orientation (possible exception for transsexuals). Bisexuals do not. So why are they put into the category of gays? Gays and heteros exactly and equally discriminate based upon gender. Nor do all gays and lesbians accept bisexuals. Moreso heteros don't, but also some homosexuals don't either.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •