View Poll Results: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 61.54%
  • No

    9 23.08%
  • I love Mashed Potatoes!

    12 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 166

Thread: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

  1. #31
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so your answer is NO, you do not have any FACTS that make your statement anything more than opinion

    so what you just did is post some general info that is known, then you access from it based off your SUBJECTIVE OPINION that your statement is fact.
    But theres nothign in your post that makes your statement fact, its your subjective opinion.

    Thats not what i asked you, i didnt ask you to give me your opinions to support your statement, i want facts.

    people on this same topic in other threads quote things in law and then they say in their OPINION this is a violation of freedom of religion BUT they have no FACTS to prove that. This is all you just did.

    When you can id like FACTS please. Please provide the facts that make your statement 100% true.

    Until you can answer this question theres nothing to discuss. Law, rights, facts, court cases and court precedence, even this ruling all disagree with your opinion but if you can actually come up with some thats when ill reply. good luck!
    sorry, its not my answer, it would be your answer, and your saying ...no.

    can you tell me, how then a person makes a claim on a business for not serving them,..... since there is no rights violation?

  2. #32
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    1.)As a question of law and fact, obviously it was a correct ruling if such a law applies to commerce to the public. A judge, of course, can decide a law is unconstitutional, but trial judges rarely do.

    2.) Where it gets sticky is when you get to area of private clubs and organizations that are not entirely public.

    3.) And as an ethical question, not legal question. I'm looking it as a question of ethics/morality, and why I gave that example. COULD hotels all put up signs saying "NO HOMOSEXUALS ALLOWED!"
    No, that would be unethical/wrong.

    4.) Could a hotel say, " WE HAVE A POOL BAR AREA EXCLUSIVELY FOR GAY WOMEN"?
    I think so, because that actually is about the sexuality itself in real terms.

    5.)It is unfortunate that hard laws and rules have to be passed, rather than people just acting decent towards each other.
    1.) correct

    2.) a private club and non public doesnt have to abide by this of course. So theres no tricky thats just the way it is, now of course it could get tricky if this provate club plays in the grey area or becomes very inconsistent than cases may spring up but they arent going to have much meat with them.

    3.) legality aside i agree

    4.) i dont agree with this even without law, now of course if theres nudity etc they would have to explain that, no minors, no males (can get away with this like a locker room or bathroom) but to deny people on sexual orientation wouldn't float with me IMO

    5.) exactly
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #33
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The judge ruled according to the law as written. But the law in general doesn't mesh with the ideals of rights, liberties, and a restricted government. No one is entitled to the property or labor of others.
    excellent!

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The judge ruled according to the law as written.
    correct thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct thank you
    Meh, slightly dishonest as it twists the context of my post, but whatever.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The judge ruled according to the law as written. But the law in general doesn't mesh with the ideals of rights, liberties, and a restricted government. No one is entitled to the property or labor of others.
    Well no one has to accept a business license from the state either. But if they do, they have to abide by its terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #37
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Meh, slightly dishonest as it twists the context of my post, but whatever.
    nope not at all, i thanked you and said correct for the correct parts and parts i was thank you for. Basic honesty at its finest.

    The contents and context i was referring and replied to remained 100% in tact.

    The rest i haev no interest in as pointed out in the op nor did i address.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #38
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post

    4.) i dont agree with this even without law, now of course if theres nudity etc they would have to explain that, no minors, no males (can get away with this like a locker room or bathroom) but to deny people on sexual orientation wouldn't float with me IMO
    That's where, in reality, there are problems that gays face that others do not, so I suppose it's bending rules.
    Can gays have a place where they can gather a romantic setting without having people sneering, gawking and pointing at them calling the freaks and have some Bible beater who rented a room quoting Bible at them (ie exercising free speech?)
    Many cities and areas now, of course, have many places for gays and many communities are now gay tolerant or just so familiar with it that it isn't shocking. But some are not.
    Key West is known to be VERY sexually liberated beyond most of the USA. They have a nude parade once a year, for example. And they are in the heart of Bible beaters and rightwingers too. All cultures meet there - and could clash.
    So it gets to be a sticky topic. Can a business be a business for gay activities, where it known this means intimacy, and exclude heterosexuals?
    Well, the law also prohibits gender discrimination, but most restrooms do. Could a business have a nudist pool ONLY for women or ONLY for men? I think the law says no. Should it really? Maybe it just has to. But, in real terms, that means that hotel's pool area and overall the hotel for gays basically couldn't exist, and thus such a vacation romantic opportunity and socializing couldn't exist either.

    But, then, doesn't THAT just make another discrimination? If the state doesn't have gay marriage, and Florida doesn't, it actually makes a discrimination as it is NOT illegal to have "married only" activities as marital status isn't an item of discrimination. SO... in effect, a hotel COULD have a heterosexuals only rule by having a "married only" rule, right? But no gay couples only rule.

    Legislating non-discrimination isn't always as easy as it sounds, and can have unintended consequences that discriminate.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well no one has to accept a business license from the state either. But if they do, they have to abide by its terms.
    And sometimes government imposes terms beyond their rightful ability.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Judge Enforces Law: Did this judge rule right according to law and facts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope not at all, i thanked you and said correct for the correct parts and parts i was thank you for. Basic honesty at its finest.

    The contents and context i was referring and replied to remained 100% in tact.

    The rest i haev no interest in as pointed out in the op nor did i address.
    Indeed, and in so doing you try to change the context of the statement, which is slightly dishonest as I said. It's just that in this instance, you are ok with being slightly dishonest in your representation of my point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •