View Poll Results: We have a "rogue" government who are the REAL terrorists

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

    18 33.33%
  • False

    36 66.67%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 194

Thread: Is this funny to you?

  1. #131
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, that's not how it works. You say something stupid, no one has to prove you wrong. The burden is yours to convince. No counter is required.
    No, that is really not how it goes at all. You cannot just say [ I mean you can, its a free country, but its just your unsupported opinion ] that she is wrong and that it is all stupid... but if that is the entire weight of your argument,well, that is just a failed fluff argument.

    She has very pointedly called for anyone, ANYONE, to take any, ANY, of the statements in the various documents and prove ANY part of them wrong or to be a lie... with logic, evidence or whatever you bring to bear in defense of what you believe to be the truth in the matter. I am still reading the documents and so am still analyzing, but to just come out and make a statement calling someone else's statement stupid without any accompanying reasoning... well, guess what... that is just not very smart, far less smart even, I would hazard...

    And for all of you who have not read, have not done your due diligence, as is proper prior to spouting off some wasted worthless opinion... I would say, if you have already put your hands over your eyes and ears, why not do us all a favor and put one over your mouths as well, eh?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #132
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    snopes.com: Executive Order 13603 -- National Defense Resources Preparedness

    Read the above link.

    Not surprising.

    But I'm sure it's a "conspiracy" isn't it?

    Snopes is in on the "New Order" coming to the USofA.
    I compliment you in being one of the only ones here that has attempted to muster even a half-hearted real argument, and not just simply worthless and lazy opinions... but also notice that you never replied to skitzo's response to your snopes gambit... seems a valid point about emergency vs non emergency situations... so, by not answering are you signalling that you do now agree that she has a valid point, that in times of emergency while we may very well need such authority, in times of non-emergency that the government should probably not be able to have such unlimited authority?

    Inquiring minds deserve to know...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I compliment you in being one of the only ones here that has attempted to muster even a half-hearted real argument, and not just simply worthless and lazy opinions... but also notice that you never replied to skitzo's response to your snopes gambit... seems a valid point about emergency vs non emergency situations... so, by not answering are you signalling that you do now agree that she has a valid point, that in times of emergency while we may very well need such authority, in times of non-emergency that the government should probably not be able to have such unlimited authority?

    Inquiring minds deserve to know...
    So here's a couple of things. I've had more than enough experience with Skitzo to know she's a tinfoilhat wearing loon. I've participated in enough of her bizarro-world threads to have a good read on her.

    I don't disagree that our government is slowly eroding our freedoms away from us.

    But that's where things stop for me.

    This erosion of rights has been going on a long time. Not just since Obama took office. It's not a democrat owned thing either. The republicans are doing the same thing too.
    The snopes article states exactly that. Obama is doing nothing different than at least the last 5 or 6 of his predecessors have done.

    And guess what - the next president will continue with the erosion and policies of Obama and his predecessors. It's like layers of sedimentary rock. Slowly, ever so slowly building up over time.

    This is why I have never voted for a D or an R in my life. I fully support third parties and truly believe the "two party" behemoth we've allowed to be created in the USofA now has us in a stranglehold.

    All that being said - Skitzo takes things to levels of nuttery that prevent me from being anywhere near committed to responding to every one of her redonculous posts.
    I occasionally think it's fun to pop into a few of her threads, but I don't subscribe to them and I refuse to follow with any attempt to care.

    It's kinda the "feeding the troll" scenario. I don't desire to starve her to death, but I also won't waste good food on her either.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    No, that is really not how it goes at all. You cannot just say [ I mean you can, its a free country, but its just your unsupported opinion ] that she is wrong and that it is all stupid... but if that is the entire weight of your argument,well, that is just a failed fluff argument.

    She has very pointedly called for anyone, ANYONE, to take any, ANY, of the statements in the various documents and prove ANY part of them wrong or to be a lie... with logic, evidence or whatever you bring to bear in defense of what you believe to be the truth in the matter. I am still reading the documents and so am still analyzing, but to just come out and make a statement calling someone else's statement stupid without any accompanying reasoning... well, guess what... that is just not very smart, far less smart even, I would hazard...

    And for all of you who have not read, have not done your due diligence, as is proper prior to spouting off some wasted worthless opinion... I would say, if you have already put your hands over your eyes and ears, why not do us all a favor and put one over your mouths as well, eh?
    I'm not sure why some object to stupid being called what it is, stupid. But when anyone merely makes a claims, which is really what those statements amounted to too, that is not anything worth of a rebuttal. Instead, actual evidence must be presented. Largely, many misread the evidence they think they have and exaggerate the meanings of small bits, often taken out of context. But to merely say x is y is not enough for a rebuttal. You must present actual evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not sure why some object to stupid being called what it is, stupid. But when anyone merely makes a claims, which is really what those statements amounted to too, that is not anything worth of a rebuttal. Instead, actual evidence must be presented. Largely, many misread the evidence they think they have and exaggerate the meanings of small bits, often taken out of context. But to merely say x is y is not enough for a rebuttal. You must present actual evidence.
    I dunno, might well be because just calling something stupid and waving a hand in its general direction is more approaching the whole stupid thing itself. If one cannot pick out a single thing and attempt to disprove it, cannot take the time to investigate it, take even the time to point out a specific thing one finds questionable, even if one does absolutely nothing further about disproving it... well, one should consider that to be a very lazy way to "debate"... plus it is a waste of everybody's time that stops to read such fluff ...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I dunno, might well be because just calling something stupid and waving a hand in its general direction is more approaching the whole stupid thing itself. If one cannot pick out a single thing and attempt to disprove it, cannot take the time to investigate it, take even the time to point out a specific thing one finds questionable, even if one does absolutely nothing further about disproving it... well, one should consider that to be a very lazy way to "debate"... plus it is a waste of everybody's time that stops to read such fluff ...
    It is what it is. We've all investigated it. I've given a link elsewhere showing this kind of claim has been repeated often in history, even in 80's under Reagan, It's not intelligent, but more a mindless reaction to not liking a president or a specific direction. So the person cherry picks a few things, misrepresents it, and then goes all chicken little. It's not new.

    So, he agreed to support one, and I told him to pick one. I'm still waiting. You're free to pick up his burden if you dare.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    I did my best to try to turn what you said into something that made sense, but your inability to say something more than just you "disagree with me" has foiled my attempt. I never called you a conspiracy theorist, and, I really have to wonder what is your purpose posting here? There ought to be a minimum brain cell requirement to be able to post.
    Fortunately posting anywhere I want on this board isnt your decision.

    It is interesting that you believe that I have low intelligence for disagreeing with you. I feel even less compelled to believe any of your claims when you engage in ad hominem tactics. I mean really even if I were a 7 year old that really doesnt provide any argument for your claims.


    Of course I see many problems with certain acts, laws and rules in this country. But I simply do not fall for the entire 9/11 conspiracy theorists line. And it is quite obvious that truthers have taken the NDAA into the folds of their fantasy world.

    IF a president declared marshal law without or took away peoples property without just cause all hell would break lose (so to speak). That is reality. No administration would survive more than a few days if they actually tried to do such things. It would not only be political suicide but would also get them put in a Federal prison if not dead. Has the president declared marshal law in either of his terms? Is there any real evidence of false flag operations that cannot be disputed that involve the last few presidents? I know what your answers will be but you will still lack any evidence. SO logically there are rational reasons to reject your opinions. No offence dude but you havent made a good argument. Perhaps you should go back to the Conspiracy echo chamber forum where you wont have to face reality.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,288

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Hannity: Obama Can ‘Declare Martial Law’ in Peacetime!

    Due to the fact that so many here appear completely unaware that they have laughed themselves out of freedom, due process, and a government with checks and balances, I challenge anybody to refute any of the information from the above link. While you people laughed at "conspiracy theorists" who paid close attention to executive orders and bills such as the NDAA that were quietly signed with little to no media attention, the legal framework for totalitarian dictatorship was passed into law.

    I suspect people don't believe it because they haven't read all the documents, and they haven't seen the implementation of it. Of course, they also completely ignore things like the DHS and every other agency arming itself to the teeth, and Obama firing 11 military generals in one day (apparently weeding out the patriots), false flag operations in Boston, Colorado, and Connecticut (all attempts to try to get Americans to demand gun confiscation and abolishment of the 2nd amendment).

    Obama, and all members of congress have broken their oaths and committed treason, yet NOTHING is done about it. You're either unaware or you just don't care about you, your family, and future generations. If you don't believe it, you can read it all and see that it's there in black and white (you can link to the actual documents from the above link).

    I urge you to accept my challenge and disprove any statement from the above link. Please don't dismiss it just because you can walk outside right now and see a bunch of "freedom" going on. They're no doubt making final preparations and deciding on an "event" to use as a hammer-dropper. If Americans were smart, there would be indictments and recalls, and impeachment. More likely, they're going to sit idle until the NWO has everything in place. It's very near that point, and then it's too late.
    What sounds right is that government and those entrusted with power to do the job are the probably largest danger to the populous. That makes it extremely important to keep a close watch, implement continously better controls and punish misbehior ruthlessly. That will not guarantee safty, but will make it a little better,while the terrorists are hunted down.

  9. #139
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So here's a couple of things. I've had more than enough experience with Skitzo to know she's a tinfoilhat wearing loon. I've participated in enough of her bizarro-world threads to have a good read on her.

    I don't disagree that our government is slowly eroding our freedoms away from us.

    But that's where things stop for me.

    This erosion of rights has been going on a long time. Not just since Obama took office. It's not a democrat owned thing either. The republicans are doing the same thing too.
    The snopes article states exactly that. Obama is doing nothing different than at least the last 5 or 6 of his predecessors have done.

    And guess what - the next president will continue with the erosion and policies of Obama and his predecessors. It's like layers of sedimentary rock. Slowly, ever so slowly building up over time.

    This is why I have never voted for a D or an R in my life. I fully support third parties and truly believe the "two party" behemoth we've allowed to be created in the USofA now has us in a stranglehold.

    All that being said - Skitzo takes things to levels of nuttery that prevent me from being anywhere near committed to responding to every one of her redonculous posts.
    I occasionally think it's fun to pop into a few of her threads, but I don't subscribe to them and I refuse to follow with any attempt to care.

    It's kinda the "feeding the troll" scenario. I don't desire to starve her to death, but I also won't waste good food on her either.
    Here's your problem with me: I'm not a fool and you know if you engage in a true debate with me, I'll shred you like burnt hash browns. This is because there's no true substance to your argument. You are incapable of focusing on the subject matter of the debate. If I make a valid point, you countering it with a comment regarding your fascination with tin foil hats is not going to score you points. You calling me wack-o and running away, is no match for my brilliant forensic analysis such as when I showed you exactly how snopes tried to deceptively twist a few words in an attempt to downplay the seriousness of it all. You responded the way you always do - by pretending my exposure of snopes as biased insiders never happened.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Is this funny to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Here's your problem with me: I'm not a fool and you know if you engage in a true debate with me, I'll shred you like burnt hash browns. This is because there's no true substance to your argument. You are incapable of focusing on the subject matter of the debate. If I make a valid point, you countering it with a comment regarding your fascination with tin foil hats is not going to score you points. You calling me wack-o and running away, is no match for my brilliant forensic analysis such as when I showed you exactly how snopes tried to deceptively twist a few words in an attempt to downplay the seriousness of it all. You responded the way you always do - by pretending my exposure of snopes as biased insiders never happened.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •