View Poll Results: Is Obama a good president?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 9.64%
  • No

    167 67.07%
  • He's average

    54 21.69%
  • Wait, Obama is president? Oh my god, what year is this?!

    1 0.40%
  • Obama? He's that TV guy, right?

    3 1.20%
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 781

Thread: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

  1. #761
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No **** you didn't pay attention to context. You responded with your usual knee-jerk defense against a "conservative". Which is why you're the liberal version of the various conservative ****heads that populate this site, and who you spend the majority of your day having laughable arguments with.

    So I was just letting you know that I wasn't one of them and had no interest in indulging you in such. So we could both spend our time here more productively (at least as we see it)
    A little too much consternation, IMHO, for a sentence that is verifiably true.

    Don't like how I post? Then ignore me. Other than that, save your judgements for someone who cares.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    01-13-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    511

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    I'm sure this will end in a proper and dignified manner.
    I voted "that guy on tv" but you can count my vote as no.
    Obama is NOTHING MORE than that guy on TV.

  3. #763
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    In Perspective:

    During the 3-1/2 years of World War 2 that started with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941 and ended with the Surrender of Germany and Japan in 1945, the U.S. Produced 22 aircraft carriers, 8 battleships, 48 cruisers, 349 destroyers, 420 destroyer escorts, 203 submarines, 34 million tons of merchant ships, 100,000 fighter aircraft, 98,000 bombers, 24,000 transport aircraft, 58,000 training aircraft, 93,000 tanks, 257,000 artillery pieces, 105,000 mortars, 3,000,000 machine guns, and 2,500,000 military trucks. We put 16.1 million men in uniform in the various armed services, invaded Africa, invaded Sicily and Italy, won the battle for the Atlantic, planned and executed D-Day, marched across the Pacific and Europe, developed the atomic bomb and ultimately conquered Japan and Germany.

    It's worth noting, that during the almost exact amount of time, the Obama administration couldn't build a functioning web site.

  4. #764
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems people are judging him on his merits and finding them wanting. He is simply in well over his head and this has been easily seen. While he was a candidate everyone looked at him and saw what they wanted to see and not the actual candidate. He was the equivalent of Harriet Mirers to the Supreme Court.
    Every President is in "way over their head". None knows exactly what they're getting into until they receive that first Presidential Security Briefing and then that's when they go, "Oh, ****!" Not even the late, great Ronald Reagan know what was in store for him once he raised his right hand and affirmed the oath of office despite all the high praise he receives in hindsight. They all come in with their own agenda and assuming everything goes as planned and the planets and stars all perfectly align, they achieve their goals. I don't think anyone can deny that President Obama came into office with the most controversies to deal with, more than any other President-elect in modern history. Not even FDR nor Truman had as much to deal with from Day-1. I'm not giving the man a pass, just stating fact.

    So, what are the merits as you and others see them?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  5. #765
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In Perspective:

    During the 3-1/2 years of World War 2 that started with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941 and ended with the Surrender of Germany and Japan in 1945, the U.S. Produced 22 aircraft carriers, 8 battleships, 48 cruisers, 349 destroyers, 420 destroyer escorts, 203 submarines, 34 million tons of merchant ships, 100,000 fighter aircraft, 98,000 bombers, 24,000 transport aircraft, 58,000 training aircraft, 93,000 tanks, 257,000 artillery pieces, 105,000 mortars, 3,000,000 machine guns, and 2,500,000 military trucks. We put 16.1 million men in uniform in the various armed services, invaded Africa, invaded Sicily and Italy, won the battle for the Atlantic, planned and executed D-Day, marched across the Pacific and Europe, developed the atomic bomb and ultimately conquered Japan and Germany.
    Ah, but in order for FDR accomplish all these things, he had to place many of America's factories under federal control, did what GWB did not do during war time which was raise capital by selling war bonds, and used a massive PR machine to talk up America's achievements in the war effort and ensure that every U.S. citizen never forgot who the enemy was - Japs and Germans. Oh, and let's not forget FDR had the draft to rely on whereas GWB and Pres. Obama have an all volunteer force to contend with fighting our battles abroad. It's not quite the same comparison.

    It's worth noting, that during the almost exact amount of time, the Obama administration couldn't build a functioning web site.
    And if this is "the merit" yourself and others are judging him on... I agree it wasn't a good roll-out on his signature legislation by any measure, but really? Is this why the man rates so low on your presidential success meter? Please tell me you have something much more significant than the administration and/or access to low-cost health care or the transfer of wealth via same?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Every President is in "way over their head". None knows exactly what they're getting into until they receive that first Presidential Security Briefing and then that's when they go, "Oh, ****!" Not even the late, great Ronald Reagan know what was in store for him once he raised his right hand and affirmed the oath of office despite all the high praise he receives in hindsight. They all come in with their own agenda and assuming everything goes as planned and the planets and stars all perfectly align, they achieve their goals. I don't think anyone can deny that President Obama came into office with the most controversies to deal with, more than any other President-elect in modern history. Not even FDR nor Truman had as much to deal with from Day-1. I'm not giving the man a pass, just stating fact.

    So, what are the merits as you and others see them?
    I agree that the job can hold many surprises and requires much negotiation but that s why we tend to elect former leaders who have a track record with some success attached to it who can deal with these situations. There may have been less qualified Presidents in US history than BHO but none come readily to mind.

    Not even FDR or Truman had as much to deal with as Barrack Obama??? That\s doesn't make any sense at all.
    Last edited by Grant; 12-28-13 at 08:52 PM.

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Ah, but in order for FDR accomplish all these things, he had to place many of America's factories under federal control, did what GWB did not do during war time which was raise capital by selling war bonds, and used a massive PR machine to talk up America's achievements in the war effort and ensure that every U.S. citizen never forgot who the enemy was - Japs and Germans. Oh, and let's not forget FDR had the draft to rely on whereas GWB and Pres. Obama have an all volunteer force to contend with fighting our battles abroad. It's not quite the same comparison.
    FDR and Truman, along with the spirit of the American people, got the job done
    And if this is "the merit" yourself and others are judging him on... I agree it wasn't a good roll-out on his signature legislation by any measure, but really? Is this why the man rates so low on your presidential success meter? Please tell me you have something much more significant than the administration and/or access to low-cost health care or the transfer of wealth via same?
    This Obamacare issue is just one of many but as this tends to be looked at as his single success in the last five years we can also look at it with some perspective. What other successes do you believe Barrack Obama has enjoyed?

  8. #768
    Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,971

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    it was also a different time and place. it's like saying 20-4 years from now when we finally have a gay president "if obama was gay he would have never won the presidency". yeah, no ****, Sherlock. Social attitudes change over time
    So getting elected because of your skin color was excusable then, but horrible now? Interesting.

    I don't know if Obama was elected because of his skin color or not. However, if he was, then he joins the majority of presidents in that regard.

  9. #769
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,011

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    he is so good that he sends me christmas card every year
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #770
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    So getting elected because of your skin color was excusable then, but horrible now? Interesting.
    lol, wtf are you even talking about?

    I don't know if Obama was elected because of his skin color or not. However, if he was, then he joins the majority of presidents in that regard.
    No, the idea was that social attitudes against electing a black man changed over time, like they will based on sexuality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •