View Poll Results: Is Obama a good president?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 9.64%
  • No

    167 67.07%
  • He's average

    54 21.69%
  • Wait, Obama is president? Oh my god, what year is this?!

    1 0.40%
  • Obama? He's that TV guy, right?

    3 1.20%
Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 781

Thread: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    So Republicans are willing to let a perceived criminal go without justice? Even the mark of an impeachment can bring an out of control president to heel. Why are Republicans refusing to even try to do their jobs?
    Impeach him for what? The fact you do not like his policies?
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #702
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Thank you.
    Be careful...you don't want to come to the attention of the NSA or IRS.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Impeach him? Not that I consider that a viable option, but even if they decided to go forth with those proceedings, he would be out of office long before any kind of action was taken.
    The Republicans were left looking like fools over their impeachment of Bill Clinton back in 1998 I think. It had all the marks of a partisan witch hunt and that is exactly how it came across to the majority of the American people. Of course the Republicans will say the impeachment was due to the fact he lied under oath. For every other American it occurred because of a BJ in the oval office.

    Political differences should not be used for impeachment.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The Republicans were left looking like fools over their impeachment of Bill Clinton back in 1998 I think. It had all the marks of a partisan witch hunt and that is exactly how it came across to the majority of the American people. Of course the Republicans will say the impeachment was due to the fact he lied under oath. For every other American it occurred because of a BJ in the oval office.

    Political differences should not be used for impeachment.
    Okay, but what an idiot he was. Lol! To risk destroying your career over THAT? So just because he was so stupid, he kind of deserves it IMO.

  5. #705
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,775

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    the lack of legislation is overshadowed by the enormous growth of the regulatory agencies.
    I saw Fox Report (the only Fox show I watch), and it said 117 laws passed by Congress, but 3700 new regulations.

    People do not understand the "4th branch of gov't". They wield expansive power, and are passing reg, that have the force of law.
    Another indicaton of the Unitary POTUS.

    ^
    from your link.
    Which is the real story of DC, practiced by both sides.
    Congress got along fine after 911. But then Bush railroaded that bi-partisan bag of goodwill into Iraq and set it afire. In 2003, the GOP took control of congress and the presidency, and then they suddenly began ruling as if they owned the place.

    Once Obama won the presidency, the GOP publicly said their goal was to make him fail, be a one-term president. Since then they've bro ahut repealing ACA up for vote 30-plus times.

    Sorry. I pin most of this on the band of intolerance called the Righ Wing.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Congress got along fine after 911. But then Bush railroaded that bi-partisan bag of goodwill into Iraq and set it afire. Once Obama won the presidency, the GOP publicly said their goal was to make him fail, be a one-term president. Since then they've bro ahut repealing ACA up for vote 30-plus times.

    Sorry. I pin most of this on the band of intolerance called the Righ Wing.
    I would definitely agree that the right wing has not contributed anything of value. Both parties suck is the bottom line here.

  7. #707
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, but what an idiot he was. Lol! To risk destroying your career over THAT? So just because he was so stupid, he kind of deserves it IMO.
    Perhaps, but that process turned the political landscape around for a bit. If anything Clinton came out of the whole thing cleaner and the Republicans with egg on their face. Yes, Billy Boy was real stupid. So the question was is doing something stupid in their personal life an impeachable offense? Most Americans at that time were saying no. Most Americans thought this was something between him and Hillary to work out.

    After all, America knew he was a draft dodger, a pot smoker who didn't inhale, a protester in England, they knew about his Jennifer Flower affair or affairs prior to electing him back in 1992. Apparently during this time period, the electorate were not looking for moral type president.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Perhaps, but that process turned the political landscape around for a bit. If anything Clinton came out of the whole thing cleaner and the Republicans with egg on their face. Yes, Billy Boy was real stupid. So the question was is doing something stupid in their personal life an impeachable offense? Most Americans at that time were saying no. Most Americans thought this was something between him and Hillary to work out.

    After all, America knew he was a draft dodger, a pot smoker who didn't inhale, a protester in England, they knew about his Jennifer Flower affair or affairs prior to electing him back in 1992. Apparently during this time period, the electorate were not looking for moral type president.
    I agree to a point, but the president is supposed to maintain a certain decorum and dignity, don't you think? I certainly don't approve of any of those other things either, but I didn't vote for him.

  9. #709
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I agree to a point, but the president is supposed to maintain a certain decorum and dignity, don't you think? I certainly don't approve of any of those other things either, but I didn't vote for him.
    I didn't either, I voted for Perot twice. Being military I could never understand how a draft dodger could be elected, but he was. JFK had his flings, Marilyn Monroe and others, but JFK knew quality when it came to his flings. Billy Boy and Lewinski, now I don't know. Apparently quantity was more important to Clinton than Quality.

    I think Bill was a good president for the times and that most people looked at him as a good president. They weren't really worried about his foibles or extra curricular activities. Bill could get away with a BJ in the white house while probably no other president could have or can. It was like the old saying, "Only Nixon could have gone to China."
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I didn't either, I voted for Perot twice. Being military I could never understand how a draft dodger could be elected, but he was. JFK had his flings, Marilyn Monroe and others, but JFK knew quality when it came to his flings. Billy Boy and Lewinski, now I don't know. Apparently quantity was more important to Clinton than Quality.

    I think Bill was a good president for the times and that most people looked at him as a good president. They weren't really worried about his foibles or extra curricular activities. Bill could get away with a BJ in the white house while probably no other president could have or can. It was like the old saying, "Only Nixon could have gone to China."
    I was a little young at the time, but I've heard that he did a lot of good things, like lowering the deficit and that we actually had a surplus for a time under his presidency.

Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •