View Poll Results: Is Obama a good president?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 9.64%
  • No

    167 67.07%
  • He's average

    54 21.69%
  • Wait, Obama is president? Oh my god, what year is this?!

    1 0.40%
  • Obama? He's that TV guy, right?

    3 1.20%
Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 781

Thread: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

  1. #571
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'm sorry--what do either Bush or Clinton or Gore or Kerry or anybody else have to do with whether Obama's been a good President?
    Gore and Kerry were never presidents. You may want to read up on that. As for the others, it is prudent to compare one president to the others in order to determine where he stands. Are you judging Obama in a vacuum?

  2. #572
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    GHWB probably had the strongest resume of ANYONE who was elected President.
    Agreed, But, he sucked at the job.

    W, not as much but he was rated very highly as a GOVERNOR of one of the most populous states in the Nation-which is far more impressive than what Obama had
    Agreed, but he also sucked as president. Obama, OTOH, is average.

  3. #573
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Sour Grapes is why you Conservatives think he is a bad president. He beat your candidates twice, by quite a bit, IIRC.

    Not bad for an average president.

    BTW: THe second term is your fault. It took real effort to lose to Obama the second time.
    No, I think Obama's a bad President because I have observed his service to our country for five years. I like sticking to facts. I didn't vote for him the first time because his major views are oppositional to mine and because he didn't have much of a track record.

    Now he does, and it's a lousy one. He zigs when he should zag, and he doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes. Oh, and then there's that little campaign promise about transparency. Remember that?

  4. #574
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Never claimed Bush was stupid; just intellectually lazy.

    Admissions to a school such as Harvard is complex; its isn't about raw scores.

    The Ivy's have affirmative action for Ivy and elite undergrads... You need a higher GPA from a state school or 2nd/3rd tier school to compete with those that have the Ivy or blue chip background...

    In the end, though, its silly to suggest that Obama was unqualified to go to Harvard as in school and post graduate record rebuts any real argument to the contrary.
    uh wrong-what he did in Law school has no relevance to his admission

    My college roommate freshman year had perfect board scores. He had the highest GPA in the history of one of the elite prep schools. He won two national mathematics competitions that were open to HS students through PhD students. His application-according to an associate director of admissions I used to play squash with-the strongest of the several thousand Yale Received for the Class of 1981.

    he never made it through Freshman year. Boredom and cocaine were too much to overcome. he never ever graduated.

    Using your logic, Yale shouldn't have admitted him because he ended up dropping out and never earning a degere-anyplace



  5. #575
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    No, I think Obama's a bad President because I have observed his service to our country for five years. I like sticking to facts. I didn't vote for him the first time because his major views are oppositional to mine and because he didn't have much of a track record.

    Now he does, and it's a lousy one. He zigs when he should zag, and he doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes. Oh, and then there's that little campaign promise about transparency. Remember that?
    Well...Reagan was napping while his minions were trading arms for hostages, and then he awoke to say his minions did not trade arms for hostages. **** happens. Sometimes **** happening is good: Obama saw our SEALS get Osama; Reagan saw the USSR begin to sink.

    Obama is average, like Reagan.

  6. #576
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well...Reagan was napping while his minions were trading arms for hostages, and then he awoke to say his minions did not trade arms for hostages. **** happens. Sometimes **** happening is good: Obama saw our SEALS get Osama; Reagan saw the USSR begin to sink.

    Obama is average, like Reagan.
    do you think the OBL termination would have been different if McCain had been president



  7. #577
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,112

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is Obama a good president?[W:577]Address the OP and the OP only.

  8. #578
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you think the OBL termination would have been different if McCain had been president
    Of course. Unlike Obama, McCain would not have gone into Pakistan.
    In July 2008, CNN's Larry King interviewed then-presidential candidate John McCain. The host asked the Republican senator, "If you were president and knew that bin Laden was in Pakistan, you know where, would you have U.S. forces go in after him?"
    McCain said he would not.

    "Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."
    Daily Kos: John McCain said he wouldn't go after Bin Laden in Pakistan

    Probably because he would still be focused on the quagmire in Iraq. After all, McCain whined the loudest when Obama agreed to follow through with the troop withdrawal schedule negotiated by Bush.
    McCain clashes with Panetta over U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq - CNN.com


    Are you sure you want to go down this path? Obama accomplished two things which we see above McCain would have failed to achieve. At the very least, this shows Obama is not a bad president, but your candidate would have been.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    . . . . Obama is average, like Reagan.
    I disagree. I think he is below average. He lacks diplomacy. His foreign policy is ineffectual and weak. The Arab leaders are laughing at him. He hasn't earned their respect, that's for sure. Same with Iran. He involves himself in petty issues. His timing for this healthcare fiasco was an abomination. I could go on.

  10. #580
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,745

    Re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree. I think he is below average. 1. He lacks diplomacy. 2. His foreign policy is ineffectual and weak. 3. The Arab leaders are laughing at him. He hasn't earned their respect, that's for sure. Same with Iran. 4. He involves himself in petty issues. 5. His timing for this healthcare fiasco was an abomination. I could go on.
    1. Bush had diplomacy? Funny how suddenly diplomacy matters. Must be like deficits.
    2, Well, except for that Bin Laden thing and the fact that we're out of Iraq and drawing down in Afghanistan.
    3. Really? Have any Arabs flown planes into any of our buildings on his watch?
    4. I think his problem is he is too detached, not detail oriented in the least bit.
    5. Not at all. The timing was perfect. He's not up for reelection.

    Better than Bush, worse than Clinton, on par with Reagan.

Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •