View Poll Results: Is Obama a good president?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 9.64%
  • No

    167 67.07%
  • He's average

    54 21.69%
  • Wait, Obama is president? Oh my god, what year is this?!

    1 0.40%
  • Obama? He's that TV guy, right?

    3 1.20%
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 781

Thread: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To be fair the divisiveness isn't all him. The Reps are playing a significant part in this as well.

    I completely agree with your first sentence in the first quote.
    I completely acknowledge that, but I think that part of the president's job is to try to find common ground and bring both sides to compromise and agreement. I know a lot of people disagree with that, but that's how I feel.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I totally agree, and the only real difference is regarding taxation, which is a pretty big thing I guess. However, people seem to think that raising taxes on a few is going to solve all the problems that our country is facing right now, without realizing that a big part of the problem is that so many are out of the workforce and are contributing very little if at all as far as taxes go, and with all of our entitlement programs and all of the people collecting off them, something's gotta give.
    Exactly. You ever wonder if beginning on January 20, 2009 if Obama had concentrated on the economy, jobs etc. instead of health care this country might be in better shape financial and employment wise. I could say health care wasted a good 18 months when the Democrats were in total charge of congress. Then after its passage so much time has been taken to defend it and keep it in place that may have been better used on lets say, the economy and jobs. Just a thought.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly. You ever wonder if beginning on January 20, 2009 if Obama had concentrated on the economy, jobs etc. instead of health care this country might be in better shape financial and employment wise. I could say health care wasted a good 18 months when the Democrats were in total charge of congress. Then after its passage so much time has been taken to defend it and keep it in place that may have been better used on lets say, the economy and jobs. Just a thought.
    Yes! That was another moment (similar to the Iraq war announcement) where I was like "huh?" Is this really the right time to be taking on such a huge expensive issue with all the problems we're facing right now?

  4. #204
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I completely acknowledge that, but I think that part of the president's job is to try to find common ground and bring both sides to compromise and agreement. I know a lot of people disagree with that, but that's how I feel.
    I agree too. Let me show my age, Back in the 50's it was Eisenhower who first went to LBJ, then senate majority leader and asked LBJ to work with him to get IKE's agenda through congress. LBJ did just that. JFK and LBJ when they were presidents, both first went to Everitt Dirksen, then Senate minority leader and ask for his help on their political agenda. How about Reagan and Tip O'Neal working together, Reagan had Tip over to the White House for talks and compromises, Reagan made the first move like the other presidents I mentioned. All 4 then had working relationships with the other party and friends they could go to when the going got tough. This president has not done that and in fact has done little outside demonizing the other party.

    Bottom line, No hand extended, no hand grabbed.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes! That was another moment (similar to the Iraq war announcement) where I was like "huh?" Is this really the right time to be taking on such a huge expensive issue with all the problems we're facing right now?
    Exactly, Makes you wonder where their head was.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I agree too. Let me show my age, Back in the 50's it was Eisenhower who first went to LBJ, then senate majority leader and asked LBJ to work with him to get IKE's agenda through congress. LBJ did just that. JFK and LBJ when they were presidents, both first went to Everitt Dirksen, then Senate minority leader and ask for his help on their political agenda. How about Reagan and Tip O'Neal working together, Reagan had Tip over to the White House for talks and compromises, Reagan made the first move like the other presidents I mentioned. All 4 then had working relationships with the other party and friends they could go to when the going got tough. This president has not done that and in fact has done little outside demonizing the other party.

    Bottom line, No hand extended, no hand grabbed.
    I can't really comment on any of those presidents. I barely remember Reagan. But from what you describe, that is exactly how a president should be. It's like we have children in control.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly, Makes you wonder where their head was.
    It's very discouraging, but I'm keeping my chin up!

  8. #208
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly, Makes you wonder where their head was.
    Actually, I have a pretty good guess where their heads were.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #209
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    How can you credit Obama with supporting gays? The dude pandered to both sides with his "evolving" statements. He played the middle of the road when it was convenient for him then shifted when it stopped being a risk to him politically. The guy obviously could care less about gay people.

    Then, he pandered more by allowing us (servicemembers) to take polls about whether we wanted DADT repealed. When it became clear the polls wouldn't come back as favorable as he'd liked, he went ahead and repealed it before the results were official! That shows an absolute lack of testicular fortitude to me. We just want a guy who's going to tell us what to do. Yes or no, are we still following this order? That's it. None of this asking of our opinion then disregarding it when you don't like it. And our civilian leadership wonders why they can't get us to participate in these polls anymore.

    Finally, regarding DOMA, he went about that in a totally unconstitutional manner. A POTUS can't pick and choose what laws to enforce and what not to. If he really cared about gays, he would have made a big public push for it's repeal like he does for all of his other pet projects.

    Pres Obama is no champion of gays. He just pandered to them so he could get votes. Just like he has virtually every other voting demographic.
    No matter. The progress was made under his administration. We constantly knock the guy for everything bad that happens on his watch, so why can't we credit him with something positive that happens on his watch?

    I don't like Obama but I believe in being fair. That's not my politics, it's my sense of right and wrong. Getting rid of second class citizenship feels right to me.

    President Lincoln was no champion of Negros. He was a man who did the right thing.

  10. #210
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I completely acknowledge that, but I think that part of the president's job is to try to find common ground and bring both sides to compromise and agreement. I know a lot of people disagree with that, but that's how I feel.
    I am one who agrees with this assessment. That's part of why I have long used "weak and ineffective" when describing Obama.


    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I agree too. Let me show my age, Back in the 50's it was Eisenhower who first went to LBJ, then senate majority leader and asked LBJ to work with him to get IKE's agenda through congress. LBJ did just that. JFK and LBJ when they were presidents, both first went to Everitt Dirksen, then Senate minority leader and ask for his help on their political agenda. How about Reagan and Tip O'Neal working together, Reagan had Tip over to the White House for talks and compromises, Reagan made the first move like the other presidents I mentioned. All 4 then had working relationships with the other party and friends they could go to when the going got tough. This president has not done that and in fact has done little outside demonizing the other party.

    Bottom line, No hand extended, no hand grabbed.
    Your points are good, but I sense that this Rep Congress group would be less likely to grabbed an extended hand. For reasons that go deeper than just the parties I think we've devolved into a more partisan and unforgiving atmosphere. Part of me thinks the media and the proliferation of knee-jerk political talk shows fuels the fire.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •