View Poll Results: Is Obama a good president?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 9.64%
  • No

    167 67.07%
  • He's average

    54 21.69%
  • Wait, Obama is president? Oh my god, what year is this?!

    1 0.40%
  • Obama? He's that TV guy, right?

    3 1.20%
Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 781

Thread: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    And I'm not saying they would work either. But it's more respectful to acknowledge a differing opinion, then give a thoughtful counter point to why yours is better. But that isn't what Obama is doing.
    I agree with that. He and his cronies tried to make it sound as if there were no other alternatives. That's another reason why I don't like him very much as a president. His tactics are shady.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    The title of the thread is, "Is Obama a Good President.?"

    I answered he is neither the best nor the worst. He has done a fair job...clarification coming here....cleaning up the mess his predecessor left him. Not sure why that strikes ire in anyone...impartiality. Just because I am a lifelong GOPier, with libertarian tilt, does not make me blind.
    You know, that mess has really been over-stated. We had just a large a hit to the economy back in the 80's and we were out of it in a couple years time and roaring back. Five years and the recovery is this anemic? That defies every other recession in the 20th Century. Except of course the The Great Depression, where government prolonged a recession out over ten years.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    How can you credit Obama with supporting gays? The dude pandered to both sides with his "evolving" statements. He played the middle of the road when it was convenient for him then shifted when it stopped being a risk to him politically. The guy obviously could care less about gay people.

    Then, he pandered more by allowing us (servicemembers) to take polls about whether we wanted DADT repealed. When it became clear the polls wouldn't come back as favorable as he'd liked, he went ahead and repealed it before the results were official! That shows an absolute lack of testicular fortitude to me.

    Finally, regarding DOMA, he went about that in a totally unconstitutional manner. A POTUS can't pick and choose what laws to enforce and what not to. If he really cared about gays, he would have made a big public push for it's repeal like he does for all of his other pet projects.

    Pres Obama is no champion of gays. He just pandered to them so he could get votes. Just like he has virtually every other voting demographic.
    Yes, that's the one thing he is REALLY good at, pandering for votes and saying whatever people want to hear, even if those promises are just lies.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Another thing that REALLY bothers me is that this healthcare plan could NOT have at a worse time with the economy the way it is, and how companies are ALREADY hurting. It just boggles the mind how he could possibly think this would HELP matters, except for a very SMALL minority of people who are without healthcare for whatever reasons.

  5. #175
    Live, Love, Laugh.
    SayMyName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taizhou, China
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,034

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, I'm just saying it he has gray hair, that's all part of the job. Another thing about Obama is that he is wet behind the ears. I strongly believe he had NO IDEA what he was getting himself into when he campaigned for job of president. He doesn't understand the nuances and the diplomacy involved in being a United States President. He just wants to push his own agenda through and doesn't really consider the unintended consequences.
    I understand.

    Please share with me a president in history that didn't have his own agenda, or that of the party he was a member of?

  6. #176
    Live, Love, Laugh.
    SayMyName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taizhou, China
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,034

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    You know, that mess has really been over-stated. We had just a large a hit to the economy back in the 80's and we were out of it in a couple years time and roaring back. Five years and the recovery is this anemic? That defies every other recession in the 20th Century. Except of course the The Great Depression, where government prolonged a recession out over ten years.
    Bush inherited a booming economy from the Clinton administration, and left us with one of the most serious economic crises in the last one hundred years. I am not sure I follow your reasoning.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    I understand.

    Please share with me a president in history that didn't have his own agenda, or that of the party he was a member of?
    Other presidents have compromised and had diplomacy when dealing with the opposition party. THAT is how they got things accomplished. Obama does not want to HEAR about it. He brushes the opposition's ideas under the rug and plugs his own, and makes it sound as if the opposition has no ideas. That is shady as hell.

    These are just some of the reasons why I think Obama is a divisive and not a very good president. The question is NOT how I feel about other presidents, is it?

  8. #178
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    I understand.

    Please share with me a president in history that didn't have his own agenda, or that of the party he was a member of?
    It isn't so much about simply "pushing an agenda". It's also about reaching a consensus for all parties involved. Look at the creation of Medicare, Medicaid, Social security... they could of been rammed through but they weren't. The presidents at the time had super majorities, but respected the office enough to do enough to bring over a sizable portion of the opposing party. Clinton certainly had an agenda, but he worked with a Republican congress and the government benefited. Even with Regan, who had to deal with a democratic congress in 82.. they got stuff done. And you know why, because they had respect for the other side.

    Obama neither likes or cares for a single republican. Honestly, he could care less for any ideas they have.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,940
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    The title of the thread is, "Is Obama a Good President.?"

    I answered he is neither the best nor the worst. He has done a fair job...clarification coming here....cleaning up the mess his predecessor left him. Not sure why that strikes ire in anyone...impartiality. Just because I am a lifelong GOPier, with libertarian tilt, does not make me blind.
    I think fair is accurate. In my jargon it would be below average. So too with Bush the second who proceeded him. So much of what Bush started, Obama continued on with. IMO this president should have concentrated more on the debt, on jobs and the economy. But the first thing he did was health care and ever since that day it was passed, he has been way too busy defending it and trying to keep it. I think of the presidents I have know personally which goes back to Eisenhower, this president and the one before him only rank above Nixon, Carter and Ford. Then if I really gave it a lot of thought, Nixon might even climb above these last two.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Is Obama a good president?[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    It isn't so much about simply "pushing an agenda". It's also about reaching a consensus for all parties involved. Look at the creation of Medicare, Medicaid, Social security... they could of been rammed through but they weren't. The presidents at the time had super majorities, but respected the office enough to do enough to bring over a sizable portion of the opposing party. Clinton certainly had an agenda, but he worked with a Republican congress and the government benefited. Even with Regan, who had to deal with a democratic congress in 82.. they got stuff done. And you know why, because they had respect for the other side.

    Obama neither likes or cares for a single republican. Honestly, he could care less for any ideas they have.
    I remember watching something on one of the 24-hour news channels where Obama and McCain were having a heated discussion about healthcare, and Obama said something on the idea that McCain wasn't the president, HE was, and I found that to be so disrespectful and foul. I couldn't believe it.

Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •