Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 131

Thread: Religions of HATE!

  1. #81
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    I don't see your point. My point is that this Christian group should be allowed regardless of how radical its beliefs are as long as they are following laws. My point also being that so what? Who cares if a group is extremist, what is the big deal?
    Why should we be tolerant of intolerance?

  2. #82
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarshTruth View Post
    There are schools and there are schools. Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Oxford are 2nd tier schools meant for kids of rich parents. They turn out the leaders of the market place. Then there are the 2nd tier schools for the smart kids. The UC system and a few others like it. The first rate schools are MIT, Stanford, and the Cal Techs of the world. Everybody who's honest with themselves know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarshTruth View Post
    I don't have much respect for oxford or most of the ivy leagues. Stanford is the only decent school in the bunch and I do respect it. Greatly. It's by far the best university in the world. Not oxford. Oxford can and should stay in that little inbred country full of people who can't speak english right.

    Stanford troll.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #83
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    02-22-07 @ 02:16 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    147

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU View Post
    Stanford troll.
    Oh don't even get me started. I've taken a few classes from NYU. Reminded me of JH, not even HS. And Columbia? Well lets just say they are both in NYC, nothing more needs to be said.

  4. #84
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarshTruth View Post
    Oh don't even get me started. I've taken a few classes from NYU. Reminded me of JH, not even HS. And Columbia? Well lets just say they are both in NYC, nothing more needs to be said.
    Don't recall where I said anything about NYU. Just noting your rather interesting love for Stanford and contempt for Yale, Harvard, Columbia, etc etc.

    Out of curiosity, what classes did you take at NYU?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #85
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    02-22-07 @ 02:16 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    147

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU View Post
    Don't recall where I said anything about NYU. Just noting your rather interesting love for Stanford and contempt for Yale, Harvard, Columbia, etc etc.

    Out of curiosity, what classes did you take at NYU?
    Some classes on oracle. Figured I'd get some structured learning in.

  6. #86
    The Bodhisattva

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bodega Bay, CA
    Last Seen
    06-11-07 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    jfuh
    Why should we be tolerant of intolerance?
    That is a really good question. I don't think that we should. That is the issue that we are confronting as a society right now. Though it is being handled horribly and the public does not understand the true extent of the problem...we should not be tolerant of intolerance.
    My teachings are easy to understand
    and easy to put into practice.
    Yet your intellect will never grasp them,
    and if you try to practice them, you'll fail.

  7. #87
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by BodiSatva View Post
    That is a really good question. I don't think that we should. That is the issue that we are confronting as a society right now. Though it is being handled horribly and the public does not understand the true extent of the problem...we should not be tolerant of intolerance.
    Exactly. I don't know what it is, a refusal to address the issues or banking on the support of intolerance.

  8. #88
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Originally Posted by jfuh
    Exactly. I don't know what it is, a refusal to address the issues or banking on the support of intolerance.
    Gandhi was not Tolerant of Intolerance. He shoved the oppression and hypocrisy right back in the face of the British. Of course, he was banking on the British falling back on their morals when confronted with this issue, and it worked. What we are facing now is different. We are seeing beheadings and suicide bombings of innocent and there is no respect for life. We are in big trouble IMO.

  9. #89
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,888

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Gandhi was not Tolerant of Intolerance. He shoved the oppression and hypocrisy right back in the face of the British. Of course, he was banking on the British falling back on their morals when confronted with this issue, and it worked. What we are facing now is different. We are seeing beheadings and suicide bombings of innocent and there is no respect for life. We are in big trouble IMO.
    Ghandi was a racist pedophile! Actually the word pedophile is too strong, he only slept naked with naked little girls.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #90
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Gandhi was not Tolerant of Intolerance. He shoved the oppression and hypocrisy right back in the face of the British. Of course, he was banking on the British falling back on their morals when confronted with this issue, and it worked. What we are facing now is different. We are seeing beheadings and suicide bombings of innocent and there is no respect for life. We are in big trouble IMO.
    Suicide bombings, no respect for life, beheadings - indifferent from wars of a bygone era and with identical goals - rise to power.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •