Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Religions of HATE!

  1. #91
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Originally Posted by jfuh
    Suicide bombings, no respect for life, beheadings - indifferent from wars of a bygone era and with identical goals - rise to power.
    Well, it sounds as if we agree. The whole thing stinks and we are in a quagmireof a quagmire!

  2. #92
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Originally Posted by Lachean
    Ghandi was a racist pedophile! Actually the word pedophile is too strong, he only slept naked with naked little girls.
    Is that just a fact that you find interesting or does it actually relate to the fact that his tactics were brilliant and he helped his Movement kick out one of the worlds greatest Empires. That, AND the fact that I made a parallel to what we are facing now...so, go ahead.

  3. #93
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    04-05-07 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Why does it seem that any religion other than Christianity is able to publicly state Hate Speech and that their right to discuss their feelings is acceptable, since we don't want to suppress any people's "Religious Beliefs". But with Christians it is not acceptable. Are other religions more mysterious? What is the psychological thing that allows people to accept this double standard. If we saw thousands of christians in London marching and screaming Death to Islam...Death to Persians! There would be an outcry like you have never heard from our media, but we are shown media of them doing so all of the time, over cartoons, over just about anything.

    Is an open discussion even possible?

    Your thoughts?
    I guess all those Catholics who tortured people were okay.

  4. #94
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    Is that just a fact that you find interesting
    I find it discrediting to the "Holier than Thou" pedestal that people put him on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    or does it actually relate to the fact that his tactics were brilliant and he helped his Movement kick out one of the worlds greatest Empires.
    It doesn't have anything to do with that fact, only the "brilliance."

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    That, AND the fact that I made a parallel to what we are facing now...so, go ahead.
    Ghandi took on a sovereign nation, an empire, an enemy bold enough to stand against you on a battlefield.

    What we are facing is far more devious, guerrilla, and cowardly. Forgive me if if I found myself unimpressed with your parallel. Pacifism isn't the answer.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #95
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by billybobama View Post
    I guess all those Catholics who tortured people were okay.
    You kidding, they made Augustine a Saint, and he said heretics should be tortured outright. His arguments for torture paved the way for the inquisition.

    They did the same for ol Thomas Aquinas ("Kill the heretics.")
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #96
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Originally Posted by billybobama
    I guess all those Catholics who tortured people were okay.
    1. Why do you think that this makes their actions OK?
    2. How does then relate to now?

  7. #97
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    I don't think that Pacifism is the answer. Stop assuming.

    Lachean...Dude. You jumped into a point that jfuh and I were making and I honestly don't think that you understand what my "parallel" is even about. Not that you can't understand it, just that you aren't understanding it. We are apparently debating off of a mis-understanding now.

    I am talking about NOT being tolerant of Intolerance. I gave ONE parallel and that happened to be from a pacifist. So? Who cares about Gandhi? If you have an issue with him, please don't let that cloud your thinking about the issue that I am talking about. In WWII we kicked ***. That is fine too. There are Intolerant people out there (terrorists and such that are be-heading people) and we need to convince them that we are not an enemy, but a trading partner and that we can co-habitate with them instead...OR WE NEED TO KILL THEM.

  8. #98
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    I don't think that Pacifism is the answer. Stop assuming.

    Lachean...Dude. You jumped into a point that jfuh and I were making and I honestly don't think that you understand what my "parallel" is even about. Not that you can't understand it, just that you aren't understanding it. We are apparently debating off of a mis-understanding now.

    I am talking about NOT being tolerant of Intolerance. I gave ONE parallel and that happened to be from a pacifist. So? Who cares about Gandhi? If you have an issue with him, please don't let that cloud your thinking about the issue that I am talking about. In WWII we kicked ***. That is fine too. There are Intolerant people out there (terrorists and such that are be-heading people) and we need to convince them that we are not an enemy, but a trading partner and that we can co-habitate with them instead...OR WE NEED TO KILL THEM.
    It seems I misjudged you, I retract my previous statements, and apologize for my presumption.

    I thought your position in that post represented the entirety of your point, which is what happens when you go on assuming that you know what was going on in the previous page. Carry on...
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #99
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    Dude Lachean, that is why I like you. You take responsibility for what you say like only a few at this site do. No sweat. No need to apologize, you were not insulting and it was only a misunderstanding.

    Carry on we shall...

  10. #100
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Religions of HATE!

    I think between the three of us we've pretty much settled the matter.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •