View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support them putting it on the front page.

    32 38.55%
  • They shouldn't have put the picture on the front page.

    3 3.61%
  • They shouldn't have had a picture at all.

    4 4.82%
  • Come on its just boobs

    44 53.01%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 151

Thread: Is this offensive to you?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Spoken like a true biker. The whole world isn't Sturgis you know.
    Yes, I've ridden in every state in the continual US on a bike and most states many times over. And for your information I never been to Sturgis during bike week. But we're talking nipples here and I didn't see one.
    Last edited by Born Free; 12-03-13 at 11:59 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #82
    Student reidster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    184

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Some taking offense to nudity (no matter how limited) is just a standard and expected cultural reaction. It's nice to see most folks here understand what the picture was trying to display.

    That being said, as some have already stated, the reasoning for the low shirt is obvious: Attention.

    Nonetheless, I take no offense to this and probably never will.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

    -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #83
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I was offended because they didn't show the entire nipple....and a little bit of bush
    Here ya go:


  4. #84
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Agreed! This is outrageous!

    And where are the mods????? Mods, we've got a link to areola slivers here!!!! I demand you remove it and ban the poster! My God, take the link down before an innocent child accidentally clicks on it! Why, the poor child might get the impression adult women have nipples!!!
    I was referring to the newspaper not the thread . The newspaper did not need to show the areola . I'm not even talking about children reading the newspaper since Most children don't even other to read the newspaper in the first place . It distracts peoples attention from the issue. Where did your eyes wander towards the scar or the areola ?
    Guinea pigs are amazing furry creatures !!

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Un biased View Post
    I was referring to the newspaper not the thread . The newspaper did not need to show the areola . I'm not even talking about children reading the newspaper since Most children don't even other to read the newspaper in the first place . It distracts peoples attention from the issue. Where did your eyes wander towards the scar or the areola ?
    I disagree. If anything, if people buy it because of the areola (which would be pretty sad - LOL!), then who cares as long as they read the article and get educated? That is the point.

  6. #86
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree. If anything, if people buy it because of the areola (which would be pretty sad - LOL!), then who cares as long as they read the article and get educated? That is the point.
    the point is, those sad people who would buy it because of the areola could care ****all about the article and probably wouldn't read it. sure, it might help sell more papers, but it ain't gonna do jack **** about getting out the message.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    the point is, those sad people who would buy it because of the areola could care ****all about the article and probably wouldn't read it. sure, it might help sell more papers, but it ain't gonna do jack **** about getting out the message.
    Well, that's not necessarily true. Some men might be like "ooo, an areola" and then buy and read and then maybe learn something.

  8. #88
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, that's not necessarily true. Some men might be like "ooo, an areola" and then buy and read and then maybe learn something.
    you don't know men very well do you?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you don't know men very well do you?
    Hey, it could happen. I'm an optimist.

  10. #90
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Is this offensive to you?

    I just do not get it. This whole "OMG there is a hint of darker skin showing" hysteria just seems asinine to me, wow surprise surprise boys and girls, nipples on both sexes have darker skin around them. So sorry to bust your barbie doll image of female anatomy.

    Seriously.. it is just a tiny flash of darker skin, were it not for taboos and a few people who may get a a tiny bit of a tingle when the line is pushed regarding these silly taboos it would be meaningless. It is purely cultural, and frankly in my mind inexplicable why a glimpse of areola is considered offensive.

    sheesh. It is high time the Victorian age mentality and sensibilities are laid to rest IMO.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •