View Poll Results: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 11.76%
  • No

    30 88.24%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

  1. #41
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I'm so far out of it that I can't get DSL where I'm at. I have to go outside to make a call, and walk around until my voice stops sounding like crackling.
    Yeah... we're a few thousand feet beyond "optimum"... for awhile they had us on a broadband radio tower, but they wanted to decommission that, so they got us DSL even though we were a bit too far. Then they put a broadband accelerator on our line and we're now getting a blazing 4.5 mg download... (after 1.5 for years, it feels fast, sad to say!)

  2. #42
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    I grew up in the country. We didn't have even DSL back in the '50s, or cable TV, or any TV for a long time, or cell phones, or any phones for a long time. Video games were unheard of. We didn't have ATVs to ride, other than bikes with no gears, those were our ATVs.

    Still there was hunting and fishing, shooting cans in the back yard, roaming the hills, riding sleds down the hills, staging snowball fights, exploring old mines, experimenting with blasting caps and other explosive devices. We had plenty to do, and more than enough ways to get into trouble.

    I think you make your own fun, or not, according to the decisions you make.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #43
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Of course they are. The men are too, which is why the women must be just to get along. How else can one explain some of the vehicles that are on the roads around here? They make Ralph Nader look like such a pussy. You haven't lived until you get into a truck with a half-drunken red neck version of Evil Knievel - the truck has back brakes only, no hood or exhaust, and the floor section over the transmission has been removed to expose the brake master cylinder in case it runs dry. It always helps to be drunk in those situations. I don't blame the women at all.

  4. #44
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I've dated many a pretty country girl. All of them were chronic alcoholics but would look at you like you were crazy if you even remotely suggested this glaring fact to them (130 pound women that would sit there and outdrink a 250 pound man then claim to not be an alcoholic after having her stomach pumped at the local hospital).


    I'd just never seen it. I'm from suburbia and I had a rosy view of the 'Ideal, Conservative Country Girl'. No more. I've come to find it's actually suburban girls that tend to be conservative and that most country girls and city girls are chronic alcoholics from an early age, especially country girls.



    What do you think?
    Share your experiences!



    I don't believe that 'most' women anywhere in the USA are anything other than normal human beings.

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I've dated many a pretty country girl. All of them were chronic alcoholics but would look at you like you were crazy if you even remotely suggested this glaring fact to them (130 pound women that would sit there and outdrink a 250 pound man then claim to not be an alcoholic after having her stomach pumped at the local hospital).


    I'd just never seen it. I'm from suburbia and I had a rosy view of the 'Ideal, Conservative Country Girl'. No more. I've come to find it's actually suburban girls that tend to be conservative and that most country girls and city girls are chronic alcoholics from an early age, especially country girls.What do you think? Share your experiences!
    Goofy thought process.
    Like attracts like. Should a drunk not want to meet another drunk one should get out of the bars.


    Thom Paine

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I grew up in the country. We didn't have even DSL back in the '50s, or cable TV, or any TV for a long time, or cell phones, or any phones for a long time. Video games were unheard of. We didn't have ATVs to ride, other than bikes with no gears, those were our ATVs.

    Still there was hunting and fishing, shooting cans in the back yard, roaming the hills, riding sleds down the hills, staging snowball fights, exploring old mines, experimenting with blasting caps and other explosive devices. We had plenty to do, and more than enough ways to get into trouble.

    I think you make your own fun, or not, according to the decisions you make.


    Um, no one had DSL or cable in the 50s...or cell phones... or VCRs... or ATVs...

    Glad you had fun back then!

  7. #47
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Um, no one had DSL or cable in the 50s...or cell phones... or VCRs... or ATVs...

    Glad you had fun back then!
    More than I would have in the city, without all of those things that hadn't been invented yet.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    I know a few country women, none of them are drunks. Most tend to have more traditional values and are family oriented. From my observations the drunks are those that went of to college looking to party, get laid, and have fun without parental restrictions the day they turned 18 and left home.

    Then again, both of our experiences are anecdotal and a real claim about country women being drunks at a younger age can't be claimed with such personal observations.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #49
    User DSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-07-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    48
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    I didn't vote as I'm not sure it is fair to compare the statics and what they would even mean. I know many Amish people (and other rural populations) that would not drink, as it goes against their religious beliefs. I however see a lot of people drinking in rural areas because life isn't very stimulating. Your meager existence seems far better when clouded with alcohol or drugs.

  10. #50
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Are most 'Country-Rural' Women Drunks From an early Age? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    If you're going to spit you shouldn't use dip. That really requires loose leaf.

    Yep, nothin' like a big ol' wad of Red Man in your cheek!
    Native American could not have said it any better
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •