View Poll Results: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 2.83%
  • Depends

    11 10.38%
  • No

    92 86.79%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 238

Thread: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster?

  1. #61
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    07-13-18 @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,395
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because at the time when looters are most likely to be prevalent is when you want to be least defended, in order to enable the most wealth-redistribution. What are you, some kind of heartless Randian?
    I guess I'm just heartless since I want to protect my property.

    Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster?-get-off-my-lawn-jpg

  2. #62
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Recently the extent of the political pressure the RCMP got when it seized firearms from people's unsecured homes during the summer flooding in High River, Alberta was revealed. The Conservatives demanded the seized guns be returned to the owners. What the RCMP like to point is most of the firearms (more than 600 to be exact) they had in storage were voluntarily given to the police to be safeguarded during the disaster along with half a million rounds of ammunition. My question to you is if say your house was damaged and flooded, torn apart, burned, etc. by a natural disaster and have no safe place to store them would you surrender your firearms voluntarily to the police for safe keeping until you could return home and store them safely.
    They also forced their way into homes to collect them also.

    And no I would not hand over my firearms for "safekeeping".
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    87,256

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Recently the extent of the political pressure the RCMP got when it seized firearms from people's unsecured homes during the summer flooding in High River, Alberta was revealed. The Conservatives demanded the seized guns be returned to the owners. What the RCMP like to point is most of the firearms (more than 600 to be exact) they had in storage were voluntarily given to the police to be safeguarded during the disaster along with half a million rounds of ammunition. My question to you is if say your house was damaged and flooded, torn apart, burned, etc. by a natural disaster and have no safe place to store them would you surrender your firearms voluntarily to the police for safe keeping until you could return home and store them safely.
    Not no, but hell no...
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,106

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    In the case of High River looting was not a problem, for a few reasons the people are good people, and secondly much of the town was under 5 feet of water. The people had safe places to go, either hotels, friends or family in the region, so their safety was not an issue.

    Given that in Canada carrying guns when not going hunting, or going to the shooting range is generally illegal, the only place to store the guns during the flooding was in the house, often not secured as is required by the law. Placing under the bed is not considered secured. Most would have stored them in the past in the basement in a gun safe, but that was being flooded
    Conservatives believe that the government is incompetent, and seek to elect people who will ensure it is
    sofa king we todd it
    Trump is such a good salesman he can sell frozen mail order steaks to a Texan rancher

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    In the case of High River looting was not a problem, for a few reasons the people are good people, and secondly much of the town was under 5 feet of water. The people had safe places to go, either hotels, friends or family in the region, so their safety was not an issue.

    Given that in Canada carrying guns when not going hunting, or going to the shooting range is generally illegal, the only place to store the guns during the flooding was in the house, often not secured as is required by the law. Placing under the bed is not considered secured. Most would have stored them in the past in the basement in a gun safe, but that was being flooded
    Canada can do whatever they see fit, it's their country.

    But on the water level part of this post, I don't think that was it, hell, NOLA had 20ft in some parts during Katrina, people waded through five and six feet of water to get to the dry areas where they looted not food, but electronics and whatever else they wanted from stores and homes. Worst part is, some of the city police force joined them!
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    44,650

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Canada can do whatever they see fit, it's their country.

    But on the water level part of this post, I don't think that was it, hell, NOLA had 20ft in some parts during Katrina, people waded through five and six feet of water to get to the dry areas where they looted not food, but electronics and whatever else they wanted from stores and homes. Worst part is, some of the city police force joined them!
    Are Canadians really that much more law abiding than Americans?
    Mitt Romney: "Trump's promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University."

  7. #67
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canadian in Zurich, Switzerland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,670

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are Canadians really that much more law abiding than Americans?
    Well we don't have cultural hatred of the police or government and we are not afraid the government is coming for our guns.

  8. #68
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are Canadians really that much more law abiding than Americans?
    Gotta be man. I hear about something bad in a major Canadian city and it's something that would have shocked us forty years ago. I hear about a random everyday event in NOLA on any given weekend and it dwarfs what just happened in Toronto. Country for country I don't think our people are that different as far as holding to civic duty and abiding by law, but I think our criminally minded are a bit more aggressive.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #69
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well we don't have cultural hatred of the police or government and we are not afraid the government is coming for our guns.
    They already took your guns. Lol

  10. #70
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canadian in Zurich, Switzerland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,670

    Re: Would You Surrender Your Firearms To Police Voluntarily During A Natural Disaster

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    They already took your guns. Lol
    We still have our hunting rifles and shotguns and concealed carry is technically legal.
    Last edited by Carjosse; 11-30-13 at 02:02 PM.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •