View Poll Results: Will You be Selling Obamacare at Thanksgiving?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 7.35%
  • No

    63 92.65%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131

Thread: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

  1. #1
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,638

    Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Organizing for Action has urged Americans to go to their Thanksgiving dinners armed with talking points ready to talk to family about Obamacare.

    Are you going to be one of them?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,550

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    The poll question does not match the accompanying post question. So my answer is no to the poll question and likely yes to the post question.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Oh I am sure it will be discussed, just perhaps in a different light than some would prefer.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    For clarity, this is what he is talking about: It's time to have the talk

    On the list of things to bitch and complain about, this doesn't even merit consideration.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,550

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    For clarity, this is what he is talking about: It's time to have the talk

    On the list of things to bitch and complain about, this doesn't even merit consideration.
    I disagree. The POTUS wishing folks to encourage participation in the latest mandated income redistribution scheme does merit consideration.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Why would anyone "sell" O-Care? I don't try to convince anyone to try anything unless I like the product or I'm getting compensated. Otherwise 0-Care needs to either sell itself or the Obama admin needs to convince people to want it.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #7
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    No. It's bad enough to argue about senseless family matters, why bring politics to a Thanksgiving gathering?
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I disagree. The POTUS wishing folks to encourage participation in the latest mandated income redistribution scheme does merit consideration.
    That's a bit over the top. It's really a rather mundane public service bit. And being insured is important.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Organizing for Action has urged Americans to go to their Thanksgiving dinners armed with talking points ready to talk to family about Obamacare.

    Are you going to be one of them?
    I'm quite certain that my fiance is praying nobody brings it up on Thursday. There's already enough drama in her family and having me verbally assault whoever might try to "sell" it at dinner is not going to help anything.

  10. #10
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,550

    Re: Will you be following Obama's Advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's a bit over the top. It's really a rather mundane public service bit. And being insured is important.
    In case you missed it, over 5 million citizens that are now insured were told that their current medical care insurance policy was deemed to be "crap" by PPACA and will no longer be offered for renewal in 2014. In many cases the "better" replacement policy will cost more than they can comfortably afford, or the cost of replacement insurance remains a mystery since the PPACA website is inoperable.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •