View Poll Results: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ALL smoking restrictions should be lifted.

    26 20.80%
  • Yes, some bars/restaurants should be set aside to allow smoking.

    37 29.60%
  • No, keep it is it is now.

    51 40.80%
  • Other

    11 8.80%
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 399

Thread: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

  1. #351
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So you presume ownership of others property and labor. They're there to serve you and you get to mandate what they can and cannot allow on their property even if it's legal activity.

    It's not necessarily "public" business. Just because people can walk through the door doesn't mean they must be served.
    I dont own it. My vote was placed to install the rule that the government can regulate it.

  2. #352
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Thank goodness we live in a time where more people agree with me than with you.
    So when more people agreed with slavery that made it right?

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    So take it outside, sorry you're dieing for a smoke, but don't take me with you, on that trip.
    How about instead you stay outside if you don't like that people are allowed to smoke inside? What is so hard about that concept?

  3. #353
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    I dont own it. My vote was placed to install the rule that the government can regulate it.
    You're pretending like you own it. Despite not paying any of the bills, not working towards the success of the business, or anything of the sort. You're entitled to use government force against the free exercise of rights by the property owner, that's your argument. You presume ownership of other people's property and labor. You should at least understand the logical conclusions of your position.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #354
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    I dont own it. My vote was placed to install the rule that the government can regulate it.
    Well hell let's regulate what you can't do in your home as well. Why stop there? We'll regulate what you do in your car. There is no place private. It's all government controlled.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    How about instead you stay outside if you don't like that people are allowed to smoke inside? What is so hard about that concept?
    Entitled folk don't understand this. They feel that everyone needs to bend over backwards for them and that they should never be inconvenienced at any point. Responsible consumerism and free exercise of rights doesn't seem to be a concern.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #356
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Entitled folk don't understand this. They feel that everyone needs to bend over backwards for them and that they should never be inconvenienced at any point. Responsible consumerism and free exercise of rights doesn't seem to be a concern.
    I agree, I think entitled folk do feel this way.

  7. #357
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Well hell let's regulate what you can't do in your home as well. Why stop there? We'll regulate what you do in your car. There is no place private. It's all government controlled.
    We already do.

  8. #358
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You're pretending like you own it. Despite not paying any of the bills, not working towards the success of the business, or anything of the sort. You're entitled to use government force against the free exercise of rights by the property owner, that's your argument. You presume ownership of other people's property and labor. You should at least understand the logical conclusions of your position.
    I understand that your logic leads to this. My logic works differently.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    I understand that your logic leads to this. My logic works differently.
    Your logic results in government force used against the free exercise of rights. The fact is, you have choice and you always have choice. Just because other people choose differently than you doesn't mean you can call down the guns of government to force your way. Responsible consumerism is a non-violent way to influence local business.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #360
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Your logic results in government force used against the free exercise of rights. The fact is, you have choice and you always have choice. Just because other people choose differently than you doesn't mean you can call down the guns of government to force your way. Responsible consumerism is a non-violent way to influence local business.
    And I do that. I dont go to Chic-fil-a or buy Jelly Belly jelly beans, I am not telling any government force to do anything about that. Smoking affects others, I would have no problem banning it entirely.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •