View Poll Results: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ALL smoking restrictions should be lifted.

    26 20.80%
  • Yes, some bars/restaurants should be set aside to allow smoking.

    37 29.60%
  • No, keep it is it is now.

    51 40.80%
  • Other

    11 8.80%
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 399

Thread: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Well, you don't think your own farts smell as bad as others think they do.
    You're the second person to bring up farts. First of all, if you had any manners, you'd go into the bathroom to do your farting when out at a restaurant. I feel the same way about people blowing their noses too. It's disgusting and makes me lose my appetite.

    Now that we've gotten that out of the way, the thread is about cigarette smoke, not farts or anything else. Cigarette smoke, which clings to your clothes and hair and is terrible for your health.

  2. #232
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What do mean? It stinks really bad.
    Summerwind might disagree with you on that, but she's a smoker.

  3. #233
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're the second person to bring up farts. First of all, if you had any manners, you'd go into the bathroom to do your farting when out at a restaurant. I feel the same way about people blowing their noses too. It's disgusting and makes me lose my appetite.

    Now that we've gotten that out of the way, the thread is about cigarette smoke, not farts or anything else. Cigarette smoke, which clings to your clothes and hair and is terrible for your health.
    Oh, geez, take a Valium. I was just pointing out that, while it may stink, people are usually not as aware when they're the culprit as others around them are.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Oh, geez, take a Valium. I was just pointing out that, while it may stink, people are usually not as aware when they're the culprit as others around them are.
    Nope, I don't do drugs either. I just don't think it makes much sense to compare cigarette smoke that clings to everything and lasts longer as to a far. Also, a fart is usually involuntary, unlike smoking a cigarette.

  5. #235
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The only problem is that the restaurants who don't allow smoking will lose a customer base, so more than likely there would be very few nonsmoking establishments.
    Very true. Honestly I can't remember what it was like in restaurants before the no smoking laws were enacted. I do seem to remember there being some that didn't allow it and still making it though.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Summerwind might disagree with you on that, but she's a smoker.
    I know, some smokers think it smells good.

  7. #237
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I know, some smokers think it smells good.
    Actually, some pipe tobacco does smell good. Really good.

    Not cigarettes, generally, and I have never met a cigar that smelled good.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #238
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I know, some smokers think it smells good.
    Actually, some of the new e-cigarettes don't smell bad, and they have lots of flavors to choose from. I think people are slowly kicking the cigarette habit. I still think that certain brands of pipe tobaco smell wonderful, though!

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Actually, some pipe tobacco does smell good. Really good.

    Not cigarettes, generally, and I have never met a cigar that smelled good.
    Cigarettes only smell good before they're lit. Cigars smell like farts.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Actually, some of the new e-cigarettes don't smell bad, and they have lots of flavors to choose from. I think people are slowly kicking the cigarette habit. I still think that certain brands of pipe tobaco smell wonderful, though!
    My grandfather used to smoke a pipe. I haven't smelled one in years.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •