View Poll Results: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ALL smoking restrictions should be lifted.

    26 20.80%
  • Yes, some bars/restaurants should be set aside to allow smoking.

    37 29.60%
  • No, keep it is it is now.

    51 40.80%
  • Other

    11 8.80%
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 399

Thread: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

  1. #221
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Cars provide a vital service mankind now depends upon. Fluoride is a by product of aluminum manufacturing if I'm not mistaken, an important material. Plus science has figured out a dental health benefit for it. Tobacco does nothing except give its addicts their latest fix.

    BTW: another topic but I support significantly reducing car exhaust with aggressive development of electric cars. I good friend of mine got one on lease this year and loves it. $250 a month, under $30 a month in electricity and no gas, no oil changes.
    There is also evidence that flouride is bad for you as well as your teeth.

    I dont believe in going into debt so i only buy cars that i can pay for in cash on the spot

  2. #222
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    So we should sue gas stations then since gas and gas vapors can cause cancer.
    Fail
    People go to gas stations to buy gas. There are also safeguards protecting you from vapors in many states.
    People go to restaurants to eat and drink not breath cancerous smoke. If you can prove you are a regular customer and unless you signed a release you can sue for damages. If a wet floor can get you sued this certainly can.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 11-22-13 at 11:16 PM.

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Owner's choice, IMO.



    most will base their decision on what their customers want.... which is as it should be.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    It's too bad people just didn't have the common courtesy to just smoke outside when at a restaurant anyway. I don't know why anyone would want to sit in some little smoky room to eat their dinner. It's kind of gross to smell cigarette smoke when you're trying to eat IMO.

  5. #225
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's too bad people just didn't have the common courtesy to just smoke outside when at a restaurant anyway. I don't know why anyone would want to sit in some little smoky room to eat their dinner. It's kind of gross to smell cigarette smoke when you're trying to eat IMO.
    To the smoker it's not a big deal because they're surrounded by smoke whether they're inside or outside.

    Plus, historically, until relatively recently, smoking was so common and accepted and expected that it just wasn't a big deal. I think this mindset still relates to most present-day smokers.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To the smoker it's not a big deal because they're surrounded by smoke whether they're inside or outside.

    Plus, historically, until relatively recently, smoking was so common and accepted and expected that it just wasn't a big deal. I think this mindset still relates to most present-day smokers.

    Kind of. I grew up in a family where everyone smoked (in a time when around 70% of adults smoked)... I think I started at 15 in self-defense, lol.


    Still, when we'd get together and eat or play cards or something, sometimes the smoke would get so thick that even the heaviest smokers were saying "Dang, open a window somebody..."

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To the smoker it's not a big deal because they're surrounded by smoke whether they're inside or outside.

    Plus, historically, until relatively recently, smoking was so common and accepted and expected that it just wasn't a big deal. I think this mindset still relates to most present-day smokers.
    What do mean? It stinks really bad.

  8. #228
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What do mean? It stinks really bad.
    Well, you don't think your own farts smell as bad as others think they do.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #229
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Fail
    People go to gas stations to buy gas. There are also safeguards protecting you from vapors in many states.
    People go to restaurants to eat and drink not breath cancerous smoke. If you can prove you are a regular customer and unless you signed a release you can sue for damages. If a wet floor can get you sued this certainly can.
    But what about the states with no safeguards?

    Once again no one is forcing people to go those places therefore its should be owners choice.

  10. #230
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should cigarette smoking be allowed in some bars & restaurants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Kind of. I grew up in a family where everyone smoked (in a time when around 70% of adults smoked)... I think I started at 15 in self-defense, lol.

    Still, when we'd get together and eat or play cards or something, sometimes the smoke would get so thick that even the heaviest smokers were saying "Dang, open a window somebody..."
    While I never smoked myself, I remember those days. Maybe because I grew up with it, it just seemed normal to me.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •