View Poll Results: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not based on what we know?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murder 2

    10 26.32%
  • Manslaughter

    23 60.53%
  • Possession of a firearm during commission of a felony

    6 15.79%
  • Innocent

    4 10.53%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194

Thread: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44:185]

  1. #161
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    ....
    Violent (and potentially violent) situations can't be viewed in a vacuum; they often require spur-of-the-moment decisions. You really do it an injustice by looking back on it with 20-20 hindsight and pretend that the same clarity can be used at that moment in time.
    The problem is that something that is not a violent situation is perceived as one. It is that misperception that takes a non-violent situation to a violent one. In both of these cases it was the perception or perceived threat that brought the violence into it. I think that if a person is given a green light to use their own judgement to determine if a threat is present they will be more inclined to do so when there is no real threat and behave accordingly.


    That hurts. I know you don't think I take a "black - must be guilty" stance
    I smell a rat.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #162
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.) I am on topic and yes it does have to do with you.
    2.) You are misrepresenting what the article you provided says. Saying so is not personal in nature, but it does have to do with what you are doing.
    3.) Pay attention. She did not say what you quote her as saying.
    4.) Do you not understand that she did not say that?
    5.) And you can not provide any link with a quote of her saying that, as it does not exist.
    6.) She did not say what you say she did, as proven.
    7.) What she said is exactly what I provided.
    The following is the accurate quote. Not what you provided.Duh!

    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."


    8.)And it has absolutely nothing to do with being an earlier video or not.
    9.) It is the video of the press conference which is being reported upon.
    10.) And what you provided is not accurate
    11.) it isn't even in any of the article you linked.
    12.) At this point all I can do is assume it is on purpose, as you have already been informed that you got it wrong.
    13.) Yet you keep insisting that it is accurate when it isn't.
    1.) false "I" am not the topic, stay on topic
    2.) false this made up story has already been proven false
    3.) yes we know this claim as been made and it continues to be made but facts show otherwise
    4.) i understand facts and the fact is she did make that statement and it is quoted
    5.) false its already done in the many links i have provided, even if you bold it and color your statement the fact remains it has still been provided
    6.) false there has been ZERO proof provided she lied and did not say that comment all that was provide was an earlier video, nothing else
    7.) yes the earlier video did say that which has zero impact on her later statments
    8.) provided facts already prove this statement false
    9.) yes everybody knows that and this was not her "only" statments hence why her later quote still stands and cant be proven false
    10.) yes its actually accurate as already proved
    11.) this is 100% false as facts already proved, posting lies dont make them true
    12.) this claim keeps being made but it i s supported by ZERO facts
    13.) not me, facts make it so

    once again no facts have changed
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied and based her statments on the family?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-24-13 at 10:33 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #163
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    at this moment its factually not because theres no evidence that shows the "banging" was anything aggressive, theres no signs/evidence of forced entry or attempted forced entry. At this point its a meaningless acronym.

    COuld that change? yes if theres MORE evidence and facts we dont know about but unless that happens it holds zero weight.
    Precisely, yet many are.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #164
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    And I agree with you all the way up to the fact that he was negligent.
    He had every right to answer the door with the gun (as I probably would have done and my wife certainly would have done). If his finger was on the trigger and pulled it when he was startled, that is negligence.

    From the evidence that is available, I believe that he will plead to Manslaughter or possibly Negligent Homicide and will lose (or settle) a Civil case for Wrongful Death to her family.
    First of all there is no negligent homicide.
    It is either Murder 1 or 2. Or Manslaughter by law, with it (by jury instruction) being voluntary or involuntary as found by the jury.

    So we disagree on the following, being startled is an accident, not negligence, because you can not say someone can not be startled.
    It is not something that can be avoided or something that is negligent behavior.
    Having his finger on the trigger in what he believed the situation is not negligent, but wise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #165
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false "I" am not the topic, stay on topic
    2.) false this made up story has already been proven false
    3.) yes we know this claim as been made and it continues to be made but facts show otherwise
    4.) i understand facts and the fact is she did make that statement and it is quoted
    5.) false its already done in the many links i have provided, even if you bold it and color your statement the fact remains it has still been provided
    6.) false there has been ZERO proof provided she lied and did not say that comment all that was provide was an earlier video, nothing else
    7.) yes the earlier video did say that which has zero impact on her later statments
    8.) provided facts already prove this statement false
    9.) yes everybody knows that and this was not her "only" statments hence why her later quote still stands and cant be proven false
    10.) yes its actually accurate as already proved
    11.) this is 100% false as facts already proved, posting lies dont make them true
    12.) this claim keeps being made but it i s supported by ZERO facts
    13.) not me, facts make it so

    once again no facts have changed
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied and based her statments on the family?
    More absurdities. Figures.

    Link to her statement.

    Because all you are doing is spewing garbage in an effort to deflect form being wrong.


    And again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The only article you provided saying any such thing was the first link.
    A report on the Press Conference. You know, the one from which I quoted her exact words. Duh!

    That first link you provided is the following, and no, what you say it is not in any of the other ones.
    Michigan homeowner charged in porch shooting death of 19-year-old woman | Fox News

    The following is from the above article which you falsely attribute to being a quote of the prosecutor instead of the reporter.
    She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.
    Those are the reporters words.
    Nowhere in that statement (the one you provided) is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    What the prosecutor said, is exactly as I previously provided, not what what you erroneously attributed to her.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #166
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)More absurdities. Figures.
    2.) Link to her statement.
    3.) Because all you are doing is spewing garbage in an effort to deflect form being wrong.
    4.)And again.
    1.) another claim that cant be backed up with any facts
    2.) already done, denying this fact doesnt change it
    3.) see #1
    4.) yep her early video that is meaningless to the facts

    once again no facts have changed
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied and based her statments on the family?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #167
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    once again no facts have changed
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."
    Already backed up with facts showing you were wrong.
    As it has already been proven, when are you going to recognize that what you provided is false?
    What you provided above is false. Those are the reporters words. Period.
    Nowhere in that statement is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The only article you provided saying any such thing was the first link.
    A report on the Press Conference. You know, the one from which I quoted her exact words. Duh!

    That first link you provided is the following, and no, what you say it is not in any of the other ones.
    Michigan homeowner charged in porch shooting death of 19-year-old woman | Fox News

    The following is from the above article which you falsely attribute to being a quote of the prosecutor instead of the reporter.
    She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.
    Those are the reporters words.
    Nowhere in that statement (the one you provided) is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    What the prosecutor said, is exactly as I previously provided, not what what you erroneously attributed to her.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #168
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)Already backed up with facts showing you were wrong.
    2.) As it has already been proven, when are you going to recognize that what you provided is false?
    3.) What you provided above is false. Period.
    1.) this statement is wrong proven by thread history, links and facts
    2.) see #1, I am not the topic stay on topic
    3.) posting an opinion that the facts that were provided are wrong doesnt negate them from being 100% true and factual

    sorry no facts have changed
    this is the factual statement and quote:
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied, based her statments on the family of those are not her statments?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #169
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    this is the factual statement and quote:
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."
    No it is not.
    You have been asked repeatedly to support you assertion yet have failed each and every time.

    What you hold out to be true is actually false as proven.
    What you provided above is false. Those are the reporters words. Period.
    Nowhere in that statement is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The only article you provided saying any such thing was the first link.
    A report on the Press Conference. You know, the one from which I quoted her exact words. Duh!

    That first link you provided is the following, and no, what you say it is not in any of the other ones.
    Michigan homeowner charged in porch shooting death of 19-year-old woman | Fox News

    The following is from the above article which you falsely attribute to being a quote of the prosecutor instead of the reporter.
    She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.
    Those are the reporters words.
    Nowhere in that statement (the one you provided) is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    What the prosecutor said, is exactly as I previously provided, not what what you erroneously attributed to her.


    These are the Prosecutors actual words. Not the crap you provided.
    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 10:58 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #170
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)No it is not.
    2.)You have been asked repeatedly to support you assertion yet have failed each and every time.
    3.) What you hold out to be true is actually false as proven.
    4.) What you provided above is false.
    5.) Those are the reporters words. Period.
    6.) Nowhere in that statement is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    7.) Again; Those are the reporters words.



    These are the Prosecutors actual words. Not the crap you provided.
    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."
    1.) facts disagree with that opinion
    2.) facts, links and quotes all prove this fallacy false
    3.) again has nothing to do with me, the facts i posted remain and nothing has proved otherwise
    4.) this false claim keeps being repeated but no facts support it, facts prove the opposite
    5.) this false claim also keeps being repeated but no facts support it, facts prove the opposite
    6.) this is just a blatant fallacy, facts, links and quotes all prove otherwise
    7.) see #5 and #6

    again I am not the topic, nor are my opinions PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

    sorry no facts have changed
    this is the factual statement and quote:
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    if there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied, based her statments on the family or those are not her statments please provide these facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •