View Poll Results: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not based on what we know?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murder 2

    10 26.32%
  • Manslaughter

    23 60.53%
  • Possession of a firearm during commission of a felony

    6 15.79%
  • Innocent

    4 10.53%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 194

Thread: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44:185]

  1. #151
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL No they will not. Not all accidents are caused by negligence.
    Only way there can be an accidental discharge is if there was a mechanical failure. If the gun was fired by the pulling of the trigger, he will be found to be negligent.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  2. #152
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    False. And pretty damn lazy.
    You are quoting the reporters interpretation of her words in the press conference, not her actual words like I did.

    If you think differently
    Link to it specifically.

    The only article you provided saying any such thing was the first link.
    A report on the Press Conference. You know, the one from which I quoted her exact words. Duh!

    That first link you provided is the following, and no, what you say it is not in any of the other ones.
    Michigan homeowner charged in porch shooting death of 19-year-old woman | Fox News

    The following is from the above article which you falsely attribute to being a quote of the prosecutor instead of the reporter.
    She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.
    Those are the reporters words.
    Nowhere in that statement (the one you provided) is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    What the prosecutor said, is exactly as I previously provided, not what what you erroneously attributed to her.

    It is really sad that we have to go through all of this just because you can't admit you are wrong.



    So everybody can see who quoted the Prosecutor accurately and who didn't.
    I have put it the quote box so it stands out this time.

    the topic is not me stay on topic and use facts

    you made another post and nothing has changed, no facts have been impacted, her statement is as stands and no proof has been provide otherwise
    translation: there is zero proof the prosecutor lied

    here it is again: here exact words not what a reporter said, that lie will never work

    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    Do you have any facts that show the prosecutor is lying?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #153
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Only way there can be an accidental discharge is if there was a mechanical failure. If the gun was fired by the pulling of the trigger, he will be found to be negligent.
    I believe I am on record as saying he is guilty of manslaughter by his own words.

    But you bring up negligence...
    I am also on the record as saying that his actions of arming himself and being ready is reasonable give the situation he believed he was in.
    So being startled causing an involuntary pull the trigger is also an accident. Not negligence under the law, because you can not claim he should not have been startled, or that he should not have been at ready given the situation he believed he was in.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #154
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."
    Yes it is about you continually providing false info.
    Which you just did again.
    And no link proving what you say. Figures.

    She did not say what you say she did, as proven.


    What she said is exactly what I provided.
    The following is the accurate quote. Not what you provided.Duh!

    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 10:01 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #155
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Knocking Vs Banging

    i know there are some lawyers out there, cops etc

    is there anybody that has any links and facts that suggest that knocking and banging are legally different?

    this is not about:
    saying he wasnt allowed to bring his gun to the door to investigate, he was, his gun, his door
    saying he wasnt allowed to think somebody could be breaking in or had no reason too, he could have


    what is being discussed/asked is, that without other evidence the banging vs knocking alone is meaningless legally.

    by themselves there is no legal difference im aware of, does anybody know of something different?

    now if there was evidence of foot prints on the door, dents from an object or evidence of attempted forced entry then we have something but alone with nothing else the LAW doesnt see them as different that im aware of.


    Goshin? (ex cop)
    Turtle? (lawyer i think)

    i mean heck in general thats how people say cops come do the door, "banging on the door like your the police"

    legally, alone are they different?
    the issue comes down to a reasonable belief. someone bashing your door as if they were trying to break it down is far different than the normal knock.



  6. #156
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1.)the issue comes down to a reasonable belief.
    2.) someone bashing your door as if they were trying to break it down is far different than the normal knock.
    1.) I agree 100%
    2.) I also agree 100% and there would be be further evidence of such to make "reasonable" no?
    also and this is just my personal opinion, if this was happening to me, "theres door being banged on so hard i think they are trying to break it down", i doubt i walk up to it and just throw it open, but again thats just me, has nothing to do with legality


    so legally without evidence they are just terms by themselves
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-24-13 at 10:02 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #157
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)Yes it is about you continually providing false info.
    2.)Which you just did again.
    3.) And no link proving what you say. Figures.
    4.) She did not say what you say she did, as proven.
    5.) What she said is exactly what I provided.
    6.) The following is the accurate quote. Not what you provided.Duh!
    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."
    1.) no I am not the topic, stay on topic, nor was it done and theres zero factual proof of this proven false claim
    2.) see #1
    3.) already told you where to find it
    4.) nothign provided by your post has changed the facts, nothing
    5.) yes in an earlier video, which has zero impact on her statments
    6.) facts already prove this wrong

    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied and based her statments on the family?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #158
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) I agree 100%
    2.) I also agree 100% and there would be be further evidence of such to make "reasonable" no?
    also and this is just my personal opinion, if this was happening to me, therea door being banged on so hard i think they are trying to break it down, i doubt i walk up to it and just through it open, but again thats just me, has nothing to do with legality


    so legally without evidence they are just terms by themselves
    years ago, when I was a law/grad student, it was very late one night and one of my brothers was visiting me and we were playing chess. a strange noise came from the front door-hard to describe. so I picked my walther PPK up and snuck out the back and told my brother to call the cops. some guy was trying to force open the door with a long screw driver. I held him till the local constabulary showed up. The cops told the asshole he was lucky I didn't shoot him through the door. THe mope said why and the cop said-"once you tried to break into his home he could shoot your ass"

    I am glad I didn't



  9. #159
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    please STAY ON TOPIC and let us know when there is any factual evidence the Wayne county prosecutor lied and based her statments on the family?
    I am on topic. And you are factually providing false info.

    You are misrepresenting what the article you provided says.
    Saying so is not personal in nature.
    And that does not make it about you.

    Pay attention. She did not say what you quote her as saying.
    Do you not understand that she did not say that?


    And you can not provide any news source link with a quote of her saying that, as it does not exist.


    She did not say what you say she did, as proven.

    What she said is exactly what I provided.
    The following is the accurate quote. Not what you provided.Duh!

    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."


    And it has absolutely nothing to do with being an earlier video or not.
    It is the video of the press conference which is being reported upon.
    And what you provided is not accurate, it isn't even in any of the article you linked. At this point all I can do is assume it is on purpose, as you have already been informed that you got it wrong.

    Yet you keep insisting that it is accurate when it isn't.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 10:25 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #160
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I believe I am on record as saying he is guilty of manslaughter by his own words.

    But you bring up negligence...
    I am also on the record as saying that his actions of arming himself and being ready is reasonable give the situation he believed he was in.
    So being startled causing an involuntary pull the trigger is also an accident. Not negligence under the law, because you can not claim he should not have been startled, or that he should not have been at ready given the situation he believed he was in.
    And I agree with you all the way up to the fact that he was negligent.
    He had every right to answer the door with the gun (as I probably would have done and my wife certainly would have done). If his finger was on the trigger and pulled it when he was startled, that is negligence.

    From the evidence that is available, I believe that he will plead to Manslaughter or possibly Negligent Homicide and will lose (or settle) a Civil case for Wrongful Death to her family.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •