View Poll Results: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not based on what we know?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murder 2

    10 26.32%
  • Manslaughter

    23 60.53%
  • Possession of a firearm during commission of a felony

    6 15.79%
  • Innocent

    4 10.53%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 194

Thread: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44:185]

  1. #141
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL

    well i had no clue what you were asking thats what i said

    I still dont know exactly what you are asking

    trial bit?

    what specifically are you asking
    Well, basically, I was asking:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm not sure how this works though - can his defense just put him on the stand and have him say "I heard banging, and went to the door with my shotgun, which accidentally discharged"?
    By which I meant: Do I understand correctly, that the defense can put him on the stand and have him present his story?

    I then expanded on this question, by wondering:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    And then the prosecution has to poke holes in his claim? I think that's how it works...so whether his claim is reasonable or not, it has to be proved wrong in order to convict him of something?
    By which I meant: And then the prosecution must prove his story false to the satisfaction of a jury in order to convict him of something beyond what that story would support?


    It was, perhaps, a bit disjointed, originally.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #142
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% false the quote is HERS after the EARLIER video statement and until evidnec can prove otherwise your claim 100% wrong

    here it is again

    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    if you have anything, any facts at all that shows the country prosecutor is lying please post them.
    I have repeatedly linked her statement.
    Why don't you?

    It is really quite sad that you keep providing a quote of the reporters words and not hers.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 08:54 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #143
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) proof, link, facts? this statement is a guess
    2.) see #1
    3.) see #1
    Already linked.
    You quoted it. Do you not know how to click on the link in it?
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 08:54 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #144
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Knocking Vs Banging

    i know there are some lawyers out there, cops etc

    is there anybody that has any links and facts that suggest that knocking and banging are legally different?

    this is not about:
    saying he wasnt allowed to bring his gun to the door to investigate, he was, his gun, his door
    saying he wasnt allowed to think somebody could be breaking in or had no reason too, he could have


    what is being discussed/asked is, that without other evidence the banging vs knocking alone is meaningless legally.

    by themselves there is no legal difference im aware of, does anybody know of something different?

    now if there was evidence of foot prints on the door, dents from an object or evidence of attempted forced entry then we have something but alone with nothing else the LAW doesnt see them as different that im aware of.


    Goshin? (ex cop)
    Turtle? (lawyer i think)

    i mean heck in general thats how people say cops come do the door, "banging on the door like your the police"

    legally, alone are they different?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #145
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)Already linked.
    2.)You quoted it. Do you not know how to click on the link in it?
    1.) correct an earliery video before here wouted statments this is why your claim has been proven false
    2.) see #1

    i will ask again please provide FACTS that the County Prosecutor was

    A.) not speaking to the evidence and what she was alleging.
    B.) She was stating what was alleged by another.
    C.) She could only know that the door was touched by collected evidence. Not how it was touched, as in banging vs simply knocking.

    all 3 things are guesses and not back up by any facts at all.

    heres her quotes again:

    "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    “we have examined everything and after examining everything these are the appropriate charges and he did not act in lawful self-defense,”


    No matter what kind of pressure you receive to not charge a case or to charge it, you don’t go by that,”

    “If the facts and evidence are leading you, then you can’t go wrong. If you are afraid to make those decisions, then you need not have this job. If you are afraid you will lose friends or lose influence or lose whatever — lose traction — then you don’t need to have this job, because you’ll make decisions based on the wrong things.”

    "We make our decisions based on the facts and the evidence"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #146
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)I have repeatedly linked her statement.
    2.)Why don't you?
    3.) It is really quite sad that you keep providing a quote of the reporters words and not hers.
    1.) yes her earlier video statement which has not impact on her later quoted statement
    2.) i have its in the articles in the op or elsewhere that i have already linked
    3.) nope they are her words not a reporters hence the quote

    here it is again, her words, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    Do you have any facts that show the prosecutor is lying?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-24-13 at 09:11 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #147
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are phrasing it as negligent when it may not be.
    So under what is presently known, I would say it could be an accident while using properly.


    Any person that has had any gun training at all will tell you that Negligent Discharge is the correct term.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  8. #148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Well, basically, I was asking:

    1.)By which I meant: Do I understand correctly, that the defense can put him on the stand and have him present his story?

    I then expanded on this question, by wondering:

    2.) By which I meant: And then the prosecution must prove his story false to the satisfaction of a jury in order to convict him of something beyond what that story would support?


    3.)It was, perhaps, a bit disjointed, originally.

    1.) yes if it makes it to trial im guess this is exactly what will happen.
    he will get to tell his story and they will be crossed referenced with his current two already made statments

    2.) yes and know, it depends on what the charge/conviction is.

    for murder 2 which i think is CURRENTLY impossible to get yes
    for say involuntary man slaughter or negligent homicide, not sure how it works in Michigan then not so much.

    his story could be exactly what gets him charged with one of those it will only need pointed out where he was negligent

    3.) no biggie
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #149
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) i have its in the articles in the op
    3.) nope they are her words not a reporters hence the quote
    False.
    You are quoting the reporters interpretation of her words in the press conference, not her actual words like I did.

    If you think differently
    Link to it specifically.

    The only article you provided saying any such thing was the first link.
    A report on the Press Conference. You know, the one from which I quoted her exact words. Duh!

    That first link you provided is the following, and no, what you say it is not in any of the other ones.
    Michigan homeowner charged in porch shooting death of 19-year-old woman | Fox News

    The following is from the above article which you falsely attribute to being a quote of the prosecutor instead of the reporter.
    She said evidence showed McBride knocked on the locked screen door, and that there was no evidence of forced entry.
    Those are the reporters words.
    Nowhere in that statement (the one you provided) is there a direct quote of the Prosecutor. Nowhere!
    Again; Those are the reporters words.

    What the prosecutor said, is exactly as I previously provided, not what what you erroneously attributed to her.

    It is really sad that we have to go through all of this just because you can't admit you are wrong.



    So everybody can see who quoted the Prosecutor accurately and who didn't.
    I have put it the quote box so it stands out this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Someone keeps providing untrue information and calls it a fact as if were true, when it is not.

    I Provided the Prosecutors exact words and linked to them.
    All the other person did was quote what another has said about her words, which they had incorrect.

    Here is is again, linked and all. Please take note that these are reports on the same press conference.

    The Prosecutor said in her press conference that (← linked)
    "It's alleged she was shot to death by the home owner after she knocked on his locked front screen door."
    The only folks who had alleged such has been the family.

    Even the above article where the video is located reported it accurately.

    Worthy said during a news conference there was no evidence of forced entry on Wafer’s home. She said it is alleged that McBride was shot after knocking on the locked front screen door.
    100% false the quote is HERS after the EARLIER video statement and until evidnec can prove otherwise your claim 100% wrong

    here it is again

    Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."

    if you have anything, any facts at all that shows the country prosecutor is lying please post them.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-24-13 at 09:54 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #150
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Any person that has had any gun training at all will tell you that Negligent Discharge is the correct term.
    iLOL No they will not. Not all accidents are caused by negligence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •