View Poll Results: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not based on what we know?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murder 2

    10 26.32%
  • Manslaughter

    23 60.53%
  • Possession of a firearm during commission of a felony

    6 15.79%
  • Innocent

    4 10.53%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 194

Thread: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not? [W:44:185]

  1. #121
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It will not get that far. he will plead guilty to manslaughter before it goes to trial.
    I think you are correct on this one It was a stupid shooting. He might even be able to get negligent homicide. But I think you are right-it will be pled out



  2. #122
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Martin was unarmed, last I checked. Also, we don't know if there was a proper "struggle". In Zimmerman and Martin, we had two able-bodied males that are more than capable of defending themselves and inflicting harm upon others. Here, we're talking about a weak old man and a drunk chick. Be it slugfest or slapfight, it's still a struggle.



    Aww. <3

    I'm not biased though. I have no dog in this hunt. I just see what I see. It's the same reasoning behind my standpoint during GZ/TM the whole time. Zimmerman was wrong. Martin was wrong. I think Zimmerman had ulterior motives. And in the end, Zimmerman will walk. He walked. Of course, anyone with a shred of legal knowledge saw him getting off a mile away. It wasn't a shock to anyone who followed the case and watched Law and Order once a week.

    This case isn't a whole lot different, other than - in this case - you actually could argue a limited detail of Castle Doctrine. The defense is going to poke enough holes into the case to get him to walk (witnesses hearing loud knocking at an ungodly hour, victim's tox screen, location of the incident, etc.).

    I think race played some role in this (whether he just plain didn't like black people or just made an assumption about a black person on his doorstep in the middle of the night), but that alone isn't enough to convict.
    I agree with you.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Correct. But. Juries are human. And when the defense paints the victim as a lawless thug on drugs, it won't be pretty.
    in my opinion it would have to be a jury full of morons because nothing factual paints her that way
    could that be who she was, is? absolutely but no facts make that so yet

    the county prosecutor said they feel the toxicology as it is was meaningless, that doesnt mean other wont, but im just saying. They did wait for its results before charges so it seems and this is ME totally guessing they did think it could be important until it was just drinking and weed. Like if they would have found PCP or something they wouldnt have pressed charges but they did.

    ALso its a tough picture to pain unless she has criminal history and she did in fact interact with people earlier in the night, she wasnt aggressive or defensive just disorientated and injured.


    and the family lawyer has actually already made statments that say they plan on using it to show she was even less of a risk. Again that doesnt make it true just saying i dont see anybody honest buying the "lawless thug on drugs" sell

    not to mention ALL OF THAT is meaningless if he sticks to his story of "accident"

    so far he claimed the gun accidentally went off, not that he was scared or panicked and it went off so he will have to elaborate on that also.

    was it a complete accident of did she do something to make it happen


    but getting back to you main point juries are human and there could be morons that buy the sell.

    and of course im just going off of what we have NOW, later some fact/evidence could be presented that totally changes everything, currently theres not.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It will not get that far. he will plead guilty to manslaughter before it goes to trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think you are correct on this one It was a stupid shooting. He might even be able to get negligent homicide. But I think you are right-it will be pled out
    Agreed...

    I have to say, the planets must be aligned in some radical way when TD and Haymarket agree on a gun issue....
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Agreed...

    I have to say, the planets must be aligned in some radical way when TD and Haymarket agree on a gun issue....
    Its really not a gun issue. Its far more of a person going off half cocked and acting irresponsibly no matter what the weapon of choice.

    And yes - the day of the apocalypse must be near at hand.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Agreed...

    I have to say, the planets must be aligned in some radical way when TD and Haymarket agree on a gun issue....


    I think most every person believes that guns should not be used irresponsibly. where the debate is over is that many left-wingers do not believe that people should be able to use guns RESPONSIBLY.

    this incident is a clear case of irresponsible gun use. Hence, there should be little disagreement



  7. #127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It is either plea or defend.
    And everyone knows there is a difference between banging and knocking, as they are defined differently, there is a legal difference, as they are two separate things.
    The banging goes directly to his thoughts that someone was trying to break-in.
    It is a reasonable thought from hearing such.
    So maybe he will get lucky in defending this.

    And the Prosecutor made no statement that the evidence was knocking. None. I provided what she said. It is nothing more than an allegation made by others that she used in a press conference. Without an eyewitness, the only possible thing the prosecutor could state is there is evidence that she touched the door, not how she touched it, because she was not there and has no one else who was.
    factually not true, you provide an earlier video i provide her quoted statments that she did indeed make and they are contained in the articles already here, you are factually wrong and her is the qoute i already pointed out that did not come from the initial video statement.

    heres the quote from articles after the video "evidence showed McBride, of Detroit, knocked on the locked screen door of Wafer’s home and that there was no evidence of forced entry."
    this is a later quote from here, facts prove your statement wrong

    if you disagree simply provide any facts that she is lying

    also legally there is no difference between knocking on a door or banging on a door

    also save the deflection and backpedal, nobody is saying he wasnt allowed to bring his gun to the door, he was
    nobody is saying he wasnt allowed to think somebody could be breaking in or had no reason too, he could have
    what is being said and what is factually true that without other evidence the banging vs knocking alone is 100% meaningless.

    if you disagree pleases provide any fact that say they are different, factually proof your statement that they are legally different.
    facts prove this statement wrong also
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #128
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this incident is a clear case of irresponsible gun use.
    Wtf?
    A person arming their self to investigate what they believe is someone breaking into their home, is not irresponsible usage.
    An accidental discharge does not indicate that either.
    So without further evidence either way, why do you say such?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think most every person believes that guns should not be used irresponsibly. where the debate is over is that many left-wingers do not believe that people should be able to use guns RESPONSIBLY.

    this incident is a clear case of irresponsible gun use. Hence, there should be little disagreement
    Agreed. This individual acted improperly and should pay the price of his actions. And I feel that the overwhelming vast majority of gun owners do indeed use them responsibly.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Theodore Wafer, shooter of Renisha McBride, conviction or not?

    I don't see the Castle Doctrine applying here. The law is clear, in order to invoke the doctrine the perp must be INSIDE the home. The girl was shot through a locked screen door. I don't see how her tox screen enters this as it would have to be high enough to be a factor and she would have had to have done something threatening- remember the locked door she was shot through was a screen door- if she had thrown something through it, or ripped it, maybe but apparently only shot gun pellets passed through the screen.

    The shooter is younger than me, was holding deadly force and was confronting a girl, not a mob of young men. I don't see how he can claim fear.

    The shooter uttered a spontaneous statement to the cops he accidentally shot the girl... not fear of life and limb but a puck-up.

    While a few of the usual suspects in here have tried to claim a white man in Detroit has much to fear from black girls in the wee hours, I doubt the defense will try and play the race card. (Mainly because if he did fear the black girl because he is an old white guy in Detroit why in THE hail did he open the main door?????) I wonder if the shooter had a blood test?

    There was no struggle, no use of force by the girl, the screen door would have been torn down. The shooter never claimed, at the time, she attacked him. The 'Zimmerman' defense is out.

    It was a bad shoot, the homeowner will more than likely plead out, but he should get jailtime.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •